What's new

Dhaka Metro Rail to be Elevated

Japan showed interest in financing 80 percent of the project cost as well, amounting to US$1.7 billion. The remaining 20 percent of the cost will be borne by the government.

The government is expecting Japan to finalise the funding during Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina's visit to that country in January or February next year.

I do not find anything solid as of now that we should be jumping like monkey with this news. I have been hearing this for all of my life yet failed to see any improvement. Metro is needed but I believe government should concentrate on short term solution while planing for mass transportation.

Following should be implemented asap while planning for mass metro system.

-Decentralize the government activities around the country for good sake. This Dhaka centric activity paralyzing the nation. :hitwall:
-Widen existing and increase the number of roads.
-Eliminate auto and manual rickshaw.
-Build circular highway around Dhaka like NYC. Iajdani should know what I mean)
-Implement water bus and cargo transhipment since we already bless with river around Dhaka. :tup:

Sounds great, but let me get this straight.. some parts are going to be on the overground, while other parts are going to be underground? Why is that? What state is it in right now; over or underground?

Yes bro, the construction is actually mixed....it goes overhead followed by underground....the stations follow the same trend....

Its the same here in Dubai, and i guess all over the world....but fact is Dubai is nt as much crowded as Dhaka....hence the visual and sound pollution will rise up much more....

Cheers!!!

For those who wanted pics, here are some from the Dubai Metro....

dubai_metro_red_line_viaduct_on_22_november_2007.jpg

dubai_metro_launch.jpg

Metro_Dubai_002.jpg

Using-dubai-metro-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom