What's new

DG ISPR press conference

@Jango @The Accountant
No I am not saying we are destined to our roles and are born in it. People should have the ability to always break out of those pre-defined roles if they have the fortitude, skills and merit.

Having said that I think we should not walk away from the importance generational occupation has to a person's potential. It should not be the only consideration. But it should be a consideration.
Look when I think about my love to the PK Army, and Pakistan, in large measure it comes from who I am and where I was born. But a portion of that love, that sense of responsibility comes from what we are taught in our household. We are told of our obligation to protect our country. We are taught of our obligation to always care for our institution. When we are told of stories of how one family member or the other fought, and/or died for the nation, or how they valiantly accomplished something, there is then a weight ancestral history that also comes into the equation. That intangible plays a lot into our minds. At least it does in mine.

It is that part of the multi-generational occupational that I am talking about. For anyone who thinks that has no bearing, they are too far removed from reality and the business of being a leader in the armed forces.

As far as giving me a negative rating for this - I would ask you instead permanently ban me please. Thanks.
This is concept of hindu based on cast system ... U r entirely wrong here ... There is no such thing that preference should be given on family ...

And sorry if your generations are in armed in forces then u r one of those who sold motherland and its honour to foreign occupiers just for money ...

@Jango @The Accountant
No I am not saying we are destined to our roles and are born in it. People should have the ability to always break out of those pre-defined roles if they have the fortitude, skills and merit.

Having said that I think we should not walk away from the importance generational occupation has to a person's potential. It should not be the only consideration. But it should be a consideration.
Look when I think about my love to the PK Army, and Pakistan, in large measure it comes from who I am and where I was born. But a portion of that love, that sense of responsibility comes from what we are taught in our household. We are told of our obligation to protect our country. We are taught of our obligation to always care for our institution. When we are told of stories of how one family member or the other fought, and/or died for the nation, or how they valiantly accomplished something, there is then a weight ancestral history that also comes into the equation. That intangible plays a lot into our minds. At least it does in mine.

It is that part of the multi-generational occupational that I am talking about. For anyone who thinks that has no bearing, they are too far removed from reality and the business of being a leader in the armed forces.

As far as giving me a negative rating for this - I would ask you instead permanently ban me please. Thanks.
I disagree. Generational occupation shouldnā€™t be a consideration in something like military for leadership roles especially. If history has taught us anything, the ones who have generations in leadership roles become the most arrogant. There have their own mini dynasty type and they create an inferiority complex which leads them to make many mistakes. For leadership roles itā€™s best to not have generational occupation type people get these posts because they are most likely to be more arrogant which costs them heavily. From history we can see in many empires the people who had no history and were no ones with no family name achieved the greatest. Whereas the people who had a history and generations in leadership roles, they were the ones who brought their empire or army to its knees. History has shown this for every single army and empire of history. There is very few exceptions when it comes to this. Even in recent modern history we can see the best leaders were the ones with no backgrounds while the ones with, were the most arrogant and caused them heavily.
A national army is very important because if we donā€™t have one weā€™ll end up like ANA. Imagine only Punjabis soldiers deployed to waziristan. Thatā€™s inviting all the tribes to turn against you. The best way to kill separatism is by making that ethnicity join state institutions in big numbers so if separatists attack it will be seen as them fighting them selves which will cause them to have no local support. Imagine bla attacks an army post with Punjabi soldiers in it. It might even get some public support for it. Imagine bla attacks an army post with baloch soldiers in it. This will make Baloch against bla for the attack.
As you brought up British, the British always used locals to suppress the locals. British had their own calculus like martial race but that was more to do with who would be more loyal and who would be more rebellious rather than actual fighting or leadership skills. Britishā€™s whole calculation to recruitment and everything was to continue its occupation of lands using its own people and it used already present feudalā€™s or those ā€œgenerational occupiersā€ because they were the easiest to control and wouldnā€™t be rebellious. British focus wasnā€™t on a strong army rather an army that will ensure the survival of their occupation while British role of occupation stays indirect. That was just the British style of occupation like French had its own style of occupation. It had 0 to do with anything else. It was just to differentiate the people whoā€™d stay loyal and less likely to rebel vs people who were more likely the rebel against occupation.

This is concept of hindu based on cast system ... U r entirely wrong here ... There is no such thing that preference should be given on family ...

And sorry if your generations are in armed in forces then u r one of those who sold motherland and its honour to foreign occupiers just for money ...
Generational occupiers are the best people for foreign occupiers and itā€™s proved by history.

The fact that he had to come out of his comfort zone and do the presser himself, shows that how much under pressure he himself is. Spies dont reveal themselves but he himself and his Mr X and Mr Z ( Dirty Harry) are being named and shamed in public with their real names just depicts their failure as spies professionally as well. But as it seems, his job is more of a political watch dog than external threats, he will get away with this. I hope the new upcoming COAS chooses right person for the right job.

They end up calling this high powered conference because all PDM parties didn't come to the frontline to confront PTI and defend Bajwa actions..................Revenge of PDM... Our military establishment needs to understand, they can't win from politicians.
And now when govt is broke, they can t impose martial law,even if they impose martial law, then foreign donors and agencies suspend all projects and loans.
Now the result is in front of us.

1666980794671.png

They end up calling this high powered conference because all PDM parties didn't come to the frontline to confront PTI and defend Bajwa actions..................Revenge of PDM... Our military establishment needs to understand, they can't win from politicians.
And now when govt is broke, they can t impose martial law,even if they impose martial law, then foreign donors and agencies suspend all projects and loans.
Now the result is in front of us.
If they try to impose Martial law people will resist and fight it and there will be confrontation with people.

Again I will say for the fourth time. Training, merit, effort, are all considerations that are important.
Got it man... Like rishta, the candidate must be capable but also shd have a good lineage to be more broad, wholistic, and leader like such as Gen Tariq. or ACM Asghar etc..The initial grooming by parents plays its role.

Looks more like a innocuous rollypolly uncle :D
Bhai.. sorat pa na jayo... You know serial killers play very innocents.. Anyway, what a life. I am not proud of anything in my country. There is nothing left. Not Islam, not intellect, not defence, not cricket, nothing ...

It's great time to alive with Allah's blessing. We have not only read about Gaddar's and Shaheed in our books but we have also seens them with our own eyes.

The thing about countries on edge is crisis tend to push them over

Sometimes, it is not even a crisis, the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back coming to mind. Nations takes decades to come to such a point, so it should never be a surprise to any interested observer.

Back
Top Bottom