What's new

DG ISPR press conference

People are so naive to think that Raheel Sharif's frame of reference is the same as QJB.
It is not. An no negative ratings from PDF Think Tank Accountant will change that.
Continue down the path, and we are likely to see the outcome within our lifetimes.

Also exceptions are everywhere, but they should never be conflated to be the rule.

Napoleon's experiment did not end well.

Funny you used the Napoleon example which perhaps is the worst historical example to use to make you point.

Napoleon was defeated by Duke of Wellington - a high class English nobility.
Napoleon was on the other hand was also a noble - a lower nobility however, from Italy I think.
So a higher class noble DoW beat a lower class noble NB. So not sure if this example carries any weight.

Again I will say for the fourth time. Training, merit, effort, are all considerations that are important. And in this process you'll always find the best people. Family and historical background is also another important element that should not be discounted. This does not mean people without this background cannot excel. They can.

I know exactly what you mean man. I come from farmer Arain family. The possibility of a mountain pathan, let alone a lahori outgrowing gandam on 1 killa of zameen compared to me is next to impossible. Our family been doing this way too long. :lol:

Could it happen? Sure, anything is possible but still it will be 1 out 5 million chance.

How you became an analyst on this Forum blows my mind.

How I or my generations sold our motherland as per your comment does not warrant a response but just the following.. One was one of the most decorated officers in PA History, who left after amazing accomplishments in two wars (his tactics against a larger force are still taught in war colleges). Another two lost their lives while serving. Not all were of similar caliber - some better than others. And a few were superstars. And their accomplishments were theirs and in no bearing have anything to do with me. nor do I wrap myself around what they did.

I do for PK whatever I can do in my capacity. Lets leave it at that.

Again your analyst brain is so tightly wound that you are unable to understand that family, tribal, occupational history has a bearing on how one perceives ones place within an environment, especially within the code of armed forces. Your failure to understand basic human psychology should be enough to warrant you to consider respectfully resigning from your achievement of being an analyst on a web forum.
Awarding someone based on family is against concept of justice, merit and even islam ...

Habeel and kabeel were son of same father ... Thats hostory man ...

If your father or uncle or grand father has done something good then they need to be praised ... Why u get benefit of that ?

If i take your word then we would havent got greatest heneral of the history salahuddin ayubi ... Or like of hazrat Bilal RA ...

Why r u giving examples of your fathers? Talk about yourself ... What u have done for Pakistan should matters for u and u should the respect and credit for that ...

I am not giving any personal remarks about u but the lesson of history ... Anyone who joined the british miltary ofrces to suppress to the locql was actually a traitor to the soil ... We can debate on that logically ... But as there is no argument against my statement you better resort to questioning my credentials ? Whatever my credentials it is based on my own expertise .... Its not like my father did something and based on his achievement i demand that i am superrior being ...

If your forefathers has done something for the country they deserve my respect but why u r saying that only you have the right to prove you bravery based on something done by your father ?

Awarding someone based on family is against concept of justice, merit and even islam ...

Habeel and kabeel were son of same father ... Thats hostory man ...

If your father or uncle or grand father has done something good then they need to be praised ... Why u get benefit of that ?

If i take your word then we would havent got greatest heneral of the history salahuddin ayubi ... Or like of hazrat Bilal RA ...

Why r u giving examples of your fathers? Talk about yourself ... What u have done for Pakistan should matters for u and u should the respect and credit for that ...

I am not giving any personal remarks about u but the lesson of history ... Anyone who joined the british miltary ofrces to suppress to the locql was actually a traitor to the soil ... We can debate on that logically ... But as there is no argument against my statement you better resort to questioning my credentials ? Whatever my credentials it is based on my own expertise .... Its not like my father did something and based on his achievement i demand that i am superrior being ...

If your forefathers has done something for the country they deserve my respect but why u r saying that only you have the right to prove you bravery based on something done by your father ?

I think he might be referring to temperament required for officers or generals rather than bravery.

Most villager punjabis, pathans, and everybody else are very brave and almost suicidal when it comes to fighting. But let’s be honest, they’re all too hot-headed to assume leadership roles.

Those qualities require a different skill set that you are either born into or have to be groomed for early on.

I know for a fact, I could have never joined PA because I’m too hot-headed and have a problem with authority. Doesn’t mean I can’t lay somebody out.

US generals have West Point where they are groomed. Is there a similar place in Pakistan?

I know exactly what you mean man. I come from farmer Arain family. The possibility of a mountain pathan, let alone a lahori outgrowing gandam on 1 killa of zameen compared to me is next to impossible. Our family been doing this way too long. :lol:

Could it happen? Sure, anything is possible but still it will be 1 out 5 million chance.
But the point is that it is preferable for you to design a test to select who the best farmers would be and the test would be your criteria for selecting farmers for a farming job- as opposed to selecting people based on what their family was doing

Having an army be comprised of a generational stock representing one particular region and ethnicity is a really great way to lay the grounds for eventually civil war. Take a look at east Pakistan. Whatever army such an approach produces is not worth it.

The only thing that should matter is any institution is merit. Not family or ethnicity.

This is bullshit- what aristocratic family did MM Alam come from? What was his ethnicity?

If you have meritocracy, it will follow that the middle class will be over represented but this is a good thing.
General/President Eisenhower's family were immigrant farmers.

I think he might be referring to temperament required for officers or generals rather than bravery.

Most villager punjabis, pathans, and everybody else are very brave and almost suicidal when it comes to fighting. But let’s be honest, they’re all too hot-headed to assume leadership roles.

Those qualities require a different skill set that you are either born into or have to be groomed for early on.

I know for a fact, I could have never joined PA because I’m too hot-headed and have a problem with authority. Doesn’t mean I can’t lay somebody out.

US generals have West Point where they are groomed. Is there a similar place in Pakistan?
This is a really great point!

Say you might select officers who are the top 10% of their class at westpoint. This might be a good criteria for officer selection.

You might admit officers to westpoint based on their academic and physical qualifications. Ideally not based on their family pedigree.

Britain is very different from most of the world. The system on Britain is there to preserve aristocratic power. In fact, much more than the US, and the US is bad too, they do rely on family pedigree. Oxford and Cambridge give admission to students based on their family connections more so than anywhere in the world. Or if they are famous. This is why Bilawal and Malala can make it to Oxford. Do we think they are all that intelligent?

@WebMaster @Horus @SQ8 koi khuda ka khof kro bhai,ye kahan ad dal diye hn
Screenshot_20221029_095307.jpg

But the point is that it is preferable for you to design a test to select who the best farmers would be and the test would be your criteria for selecting farmers for a farming job- as opposed to selecting people based on what their family was doing

Farming is kind of a bad analogy as there are actually a lot of variables involved. Yield of crop doesn’t necessarily mean you are good farmer as that can be achieved in controlled environments.

Making a judgment call based on weather patterns and also annually changing weather patterns on when to sow seeds is what truly makes a good farmer.

It requires experience, observation, risk assessment and above all that good ol’ gut feeling to anticipate/avoid rains and other disasters.

Last edited:

So u r saying that among ten of thousands of personnal inducted they cant find the 1t to 25 generals who deserve to be general ?

Sorry then its not about the race but evaluation and promotion criteria ...

Lets speak the truth , the real reason of incompetent leadership is the corrupt system where people are promoted not based on competency and bravery but based on personal objectives ...

Same example, habeel and kabeel were son of same person but behave differently ... If your logic is right then pmln and ppp are right to make bilawal and meryam the PM as no matter what they do their father was PM ...

Bhai h ghulmama soch sy hum kab bahar ayn gy ...

There is no such this is born right or born capability ... If someone trained well due to his family history then he has to prove it and compete it from others ...

With DG ISI press conference yesterday, its proved beyond doubt they dont just interfere, they are totally involved in politics.

Due to a resolution passed by the US that no fundings and no weapons will be given to Pakistan to fight terror if there is a military takeover so the PI Division of the ISI planned a new game that they will hold the power through puppet leaders and not directly. This is why Musharraf stepped down but made sure Military is the direct controller of Pakistan.

What is happening in Pakistan is not for Pakistanis it's to show the world that leaders have rights and they can do protest , it's a happy happy democracy.

A SENIOR OFFICER'S REAX: "DG ISI himself had2 come on media in an unprecedented manner to defend his institution, signaling that the battle had come to his office n all his frontline troops (public) WERE DESTROYED. When the KING has2 draw his sword that's generally the END OF THE BATTLE."
Shaheen Sabai

PA needs to up the Recruitment criteria Just by Upping the educational Criteria a lot of dirty eggs could be removed from the basket.

View attachment 890277

Just look at the Minimum Criteria in Term of Education. This needs to be pushed to at least 80 percent. A person even from any backward area who is good at academics would be the best of the available population pool.

PS: 80 Percent is not a lot these days.

Power of Promotions needs to be taken from COAS and given to a Board of Senior officers.
Problem is nepotism is rife and a way of life. If your father was an officer or any member of your family then you pass entrance criteria regardless of you entrance test results.. hence low standards of officers.. PAF slightly better cos of technical capabilities required you can relatively easily sift the chalk from the cheese.. Hence the less than 10% pass rate to proceed to fast jets..
Army officers ,much easier to train monkeys to be officers, as long as they do what their senior tells them. Army officers are all about sifarish.... especially when it comes to promotions..

Back
Top Bottom