What's new

DG ISPR press conference

lol. PTI is busy cursing them 24/7 and when they reply, you guys get upset.

Who cursed the army more?... PTM? PDM? Mullah Diesel? Maryam? Zardari? Hussain Haqqani? Altaf Hussain? MQM? Pashtun Tahafuz Movement? BNP? ANP?........ OR... PTI????

Can you answer this question?

Welcome to the new beginning, which will the same as the old beginning. Guaranteed.
No this is unprecedented. The establishment is panicking. They have never panicked like this before.

My fear now is that there is no game plan beyond forcing elections. If the aftermath is the same as now, what would really be gained? But that discussion can wait for later.

Clean slate? Burn the constitution? Guillotines?

Who cursed the army more?... PTM? PDM? Mullah Diesel? Maryam? Zardari? Hussain Haqqani? Altaf Hussain? MQM? Pashtun Tahafuz Movement? BNP? ANP?........ OR... PTI????

Can you answer this question?

They all cursed Army equally, and to some extent, rightfully. Ive said this multiple time, Army is not as innocent as they want us to believe. But calling them animals, mir sadiq, neutrals, isnt fair either.

Nawaz cursed Army got banned on tv, MQM extinct, Diesel irrelevant. Look at all the PDM from 2008 to 2020 they cursed Army non stop and now have to form 15 party coalition to form a weak and fragile government. This answers your question.

How the press conference ended I know. How the march will end, I do not. But it won't be long either.
Yeah I risk being wrong. Sometimes you got to risk being a hopeless romantic as opposed to being a safe no risk cynic.

Yeah I risk being wrong. Sometimes you got to risk being a hopeless romantic as opposed to being a safe no risk cynic.

Take all the risks you wish, it is no concern of mine. At all. Over and out!

I had written about this a while back in hidden words, and have heard this countless times from serving and ex-servicemen (see my post in the other thread), but I fully agree with you.

This does come off as crass, and rude, and frankly unethical as well. But it is the reality. The efforts by the military (army especially, and navy, PAF not as much) to recruit from all corners of the country and somewhat lower the barriers has created this problem. Now you might say, we need a national army and officer rank from all parts of the country, and that is true. But you have to weigh the pros vs the cons. Again, I do not want to hurt anyone's sentiments, I myself am from a pind :P, but this is becoming apparent day by day. You cannot expect a person who has been raised for 18 years in Layyah or Noshki to just transform after getting into PMA. The roots remain. Whether we like it or not, standards were dropped in certain cases.

On the flip side of the argument you can quote Kayani and how he carried himself, but that was the exception I believe rather than the norm. Pichlay 4/5 salon main jo jo harkatain dekhi hain (not only the COAS or DG ISI mind you), you are led to believe something needs to change. Compare the lineage and upbringing of let's say Tariq Khan with some of the current crop, and you will realize the issue.

But perhaps this is a viewpoint of the older generation fauji, and not the new one.

Mind you, this is the result of efforts in the past 15 years or so. Ab jo aur nayi generation arahi hai (Instagram fauji as I like to call them), inhain Twitter or IG par larkion kay DM say nikalnay ki fursat hi nhn mil rahi. Hi, I am Maj XYZ from Armored Corps, can I take you out for a coffee? Yes, that is a real message that a relative of mine received.
People are so naive to think that Raheel Sharif's frame of reference is the same as QJB.
It is not. An no negative ratings from PDF Think Tank Accountant will change that.
Continue down the path, and we are likely to see the outcome within our lifetimes.

Also exceptions are everywhere, but they should never be conflated to be the rule.

this theory was proved incorrect by napoleon. its not a family oriented profession, its a training and selection oriented one. and its a management issue: finding the right person for the right job.

nope, not the exception. just the issue that people are being chosen based on loyalty to a personality rather than on merit. choose the right person for the right job, simple as that.

also, i agree with the other point, no need to drop standards to accommodate everyone.
Napoleon's experiment did not end well.

Funny you used the Napoleon example which perhaps is the worst historical example to use to make you point.

Napoleon was defeated by Duke of Wellington - a high class English nobility.
Napoleon was on the other hand was also a noble - a lower nobility however, from Italy I think.
So a higher class noble DoW beat a lower class noble NB. So not sure if this example carries any weight.

Again I will say for the fourth time. Training, merit, effort, are all considerations that are important. And in this process you'll always find the best people. Family and historical background is also another important element that should not be discounted. This does not mean people without this background cannot excel. They can.

Last edited:
When HE wants to punish some folks HE first takes away their Akl, then HE makes them an object of ridicule.....

The Pak High Command has satisfied both of the pre-conditions....

عمران خان نے اچھا کیا ان ک جواب نہین دیا

ان لونڈوں لپاڑوں کو پی ٹی آئی کی بی ٹیم جواب دے گی
عمران خان صرف حاجی کو جواب دے گا

ڈی جے آئس پیار اور ڈی جے آئیس آئی جاؤ شاباش اپنے ابو کو بھیجو

Back
Top Bottom