What's new

DG ISPR press conference

IK, hopefully, has learnt the lesson: you need to grab the bull at its horns and castrate it.....

The following happened with Erdo'an during a national security meeting early in his premiership:

A 4-star general: we are extremely concerned on the rise of the Islamic reactionism and fundamentalism in the country (he wanted to continue, but the PM roared him down).

PM Erdo'an: Shut up! Damn to your concerns! Sit down to where you've been sitting! Who are you to lecture to the elected PM?? I am the highest authority here. And, I know fully well what's happening in the country.

*No generals ever dared to publicly cross Erdo'an again and keep their jobs.

DGISPR : Jis Din Imran khan ko Nihari Chaawal se khaate dekha, usi din souch lia ke is ki Govt nai chale gi.

DGISPR : Imran Khan, Qamar Bajwa ko Kattappa keh ke bulata tha.

DGISPR : Qaidiyun ko Nanga is liye kerte hai, taake humare hum jins parast Fauji ka hausla BuLUND rahe.

DGISPR : Hum ne Pakistan ko apna Tan, Man, Dhan aur Lun sab diya.

DGISPR : 23rd March ko Signalian ko Sitara-e-Imteyaaz diya jaye ga.

DGISPR : Fauj Sunny leone ki mulk ke liye khidmaat kabhi faramosh nai kare gi.

DGISPR : America ko bol dia ke DHA ke androoni mamlaat mai mudkhlaq bardasht nai karen gay.

DGISPR : Imran Khan ko bola tha ke COAS ke ghar Skin tight jean pehn ker mat jaya karo, dekh lia us ka natija ?

DGISPR : Bharat pe Waaze ker dia ke Kashmir se nikal jaye, Pata nai kyun unka ambassador hasne laga, koi joke kia main ne ?

DGISPR : Foreign tour pe saari Gori Larkiyan Imran khan ko hi dekhti thi, Kia itna bura hun mai maa ?

DGISPR : Humain Chor , Daku aur Qatil bolne walon ko pata hona chaiye ke, Jo kehta hai wohi hota hai .

7 - 3 and 2 stars in my family since independence. Yes 7. Countless lower ranks. DGs in both ISI and MI. I hang my head in shame. What a complete disaster of an institution.
Whats going on these days?
Can you let us in whats expected/coming??
Is QJB retiring or staying put?

I’m thinking there’s problems, big problems within the CC group…seems internal struggles and maybe lower ranks starting to openly question their superiors over the image and actions of afew……
Am i wrong or we seeing internal struggles within top command??
Damn still too many days to new coas to fix this shit

This is what happens when you recruit officers from all rungs of society. In our quest to make a "national" army, we forgot the cardinal rule for any military. Recruit your officer corp from the right stock or else (leaders always shape the standards). Pakistan's army experiment to become a national army has destroyed this institution. In the early days of the institution proportionally Pushtuns represented a far larger segment of the officer corp, whereas the proportional majority of the soldiers were from Punjab. As that proportion changed along with the "class" (you can hate me for saying this), the overall quality of the institution dropped. There was a strong line of families that fit the bill, of either good officers or good soldiers. Many Pashtuns (generally those that settled in Punjab), who could easily straddle the Pushtun-Punjabi line were the best crop to get the officer corp. Whereas the NCO came from certain areas of Punjab and KPK. That changed and with that the caliber. Combine that with consistent Martial Laws, Cantts in the middle of cities, the entire military industrial complex, along with the system of military and retired military patronage, and today Pakistan finds itself in a position that we have these two represent two of the more critical functions the Pad Army. We are royally "screwed". Allah is the only one protecting us. What a complete disaster.
Well said, can’t have undeserving kanjars rise to top bcaz they will make whole institution like them

Hopefully next Coas can fix this crap of QJB and actually fix the army and restore its prestige

This is what happens when you recruit officers from all rungs of society. In our quest to make a "national" army, we forgot the cardinal rule for any military. Recruit your officer corp from the right stock or else (leaders always shape the standards). Pakistan's army experiment to become a national army has destroyed this institution. In the early days of the institution proportionally Pushtuns represented a far larger segment of the officer corp, whereas the proportional majority of the soldiers were from Punjab. As that proportion changed along with the "class" (you can hate me for saying this), the overall quality of the institution dropped. There was a strong line of families that fit the bill, of either good officers or good soldiers. Many Pashtuns (generally those that settled in Punjab), who could easily straddle the Pushtun-Punjabi line were the best crop to get the officer corp. Whereas the NCO came from certain areas of Punjab and KPK. That changed and with that the caliber. Combine that with consistent Martial Laws, Cantts in the middle of cities, the entire military industrial complex, along with the system of military and retired military patronage, and today Pakistan finds itself in a position that we have these two represent two of the more critical functions the Pad Army. We are royally "screwed". Allah is the only one protecting us. What a complete disaster.
Like General AK Niazi or like General Yahya Khan or like General Ayub Khan who called Fatima Jinnah a traitor?

Nothing wrong with a national, everything wrong with making an army that interferes in politics

Last edited:
@Jango pls do the honors yaar - I am too tired and exhausted. I want to go somewhere in the corner and switch off. I just cannot get myself to type the stuff I am hearing.

I have tried to distance myself away from the forum and these news now too...because frankly it's both depressing and hopeless.

Yesterday I was working late at night and I kid you not I was left open mouthed at seeing the DG ISI holding the press conference in the suit.

Then I watched the replay, and seeing his James Bond style entry, then his way of speaking, his facial expressions, his innuendos, the planted journos on the front row...I was actually left shocked and that's the first time I think I was really disappointed into what the ISI and the military establishment has brought upon themselves and the institution itself.

I have heard that there is some internal resentment over this shenanigan as well, but I am cut off these days so waiting for stronger confirmation on this.

Like General AK Niazi or like General Yahya Khan or like General Ayub Khan who called Fatima Jinnah a traitor?

Nothing wrong with a national, everything wrong with making an army that interferes in politics
If I need to explain more than what I have written, then we won't bridge the understanding gap.
Only thing I'll say is that being part of a military whether as a soldier or as an officer is a multi-generational thing. These ought to be and generally in good militaries are a family profession. And yes you'll find your fair share of duffers even then, but you hope that the military will ween them out. But if anyone thinks that in an environment like Pakistan especially that we can widen the field and somehow think we won't degrade the caliber, we are wrong.

Niazi, Yayha were inspite of this system, not because of it. Now it is a free for all and the "sifarasee" culture at Boards is becoming front and center. Yes this did not happen overnight, and many are to blame for it. One avenue was developing an officer corp pool outside of the normal field. Things in the past, whether family, or Zaat, were an essential calculus. You can hate the English, but they were masters at figuring these things and kept copious notes on how they went about finding the best. Whether we like it or not, there was a method to their madness.

Last edited:
All channels were showing live Janaza of Arshad Sharif Marhoom in split screen.
Impact was damped. That was also one reason military junta did not want people to watch Janaza procession and did that scandalous presser. Simply traitor.
Sentiments were against military junta role in the whole saga.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom