What's new

DF-41 is back on the road!!

@gambit

there are 3 types of interception: head-on; side-on and tail-chase.

The degree of difficulty to deploy ranges in descending order from head-on to tail-chase while the power of the intercepting booster range in opposite order. Get it?!
I used to work with this stuff. How about you?

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to work with this stuff. How about you?

So you are enlightened!

and you endup being an self-proclaimed "expert" on rocket science on pdf, and without a credit card to your name!

So you are enlightened!

and you endup being an self-proclaimed "expert" on rocket science on pdf, and without a credit card to your name!
That...And experienced. And this is not about rocket science, which is about designing and constructing the rocket itself. This is about using said rocket, which is another science in itself. Get it?

That...And experienced. And this is not about rocket science, which is about designing and constructing the rocket itself. This is about using said rocket, which is another science in itself. Get it?

experienced in paint jobs? congratulations!

rocket science embraces a very wide range of science itself which includes but is not limited to aerodynamics, computer control, fuel fluid mechanics, propulsion, double E engineering, mechanical and structural engineering, material science, avionics, robotics ...Get it?!

experienced in paint jobs? congratulations!

rocket science embraces a very wide range of science itself which includes but is not limited to aerodynamics, computer control, fuel fluid mechanics, propulsion, double E engineering, mechanical and structural engineering, material science, avionics, robotics ...Get it?!
Yeah...Like you have experience in any of those.

Post 33...

http://www.defence.pk/forums/chinese-defence/233948-df-41-back-road-3.html?#post3923620

Just raised your knowledge about applied 'rocket science' by 100%, buddy. No charge.

DF-16,for knocking out military bases in Okinawa:

125_199197_dd8e81b5e22ba2f.jpg

that was a nuke strike not a kinetic kill, wasnt it? also please affirm with links that Russia has indeed successfully tested a mid-course interception

No it was not a nuke, nor was it a kinetic kill. No one even mentioned kinetic kill capability, many Chinese members here were mocking Russia by incorrectly stating that the Russians never shot down a ballistic missile without a nuclear tipped missile. That is false, just like 97% of the things people here claim about Russian defense industry/weapons.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...eVu_5GUA5QLPapWk3GCU0dg&bvm=bv.42768644,d.cGE

The System A anti-ballistic missile equipped with the V-1000 rocket made the first intercept and destruction in the world using a conventional warhead of an intermediate range ballistic missile warhead coming in at 3 km/s on 4 May 1961. The US did not demonstrate an equivalent capability until 1984.

No it was not a nuke, nor was it a kinetic kill. No one even mentioned kinetic kill capability, many Chinese members here were mocking Russia by incorrectly stating that the Russians never shot down a ballistic missile without a nuclear tipped missile. That is false, just like 97% of the things people here claim about Russian defense industry/weapons.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...eVu_5GUA5QLPapWk3GCU0dg&bvm=bv.42768644,d.cGE

I think we are asking for clarification more than mocking at the Russian's technologies.

How do you comment on this "nuke' strike of USSR's ASAT:

Soviet high-altitude tests

The Soviets detonated four high-altitude tests in 1961 and three in 1962. During the Cuban Missile Crisis in October 1962, both the US and the USSR detonated several high-altitude nuclear explosions as a form of saber-rattling. The Soviet tests were meant to demonstrate their anti-ballistic missile defenses which would supposedly protect their major cities in the event of a nuclear war.

High-altitude nuclear explosion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think we are asking for clarification more than mocking at the Russian's technologies.

How do you comment on this "nuke' strike of USSR's ASAT:

What do you mean how I comment on a nuke ASAT test? I just Provided a source that stated that the V-1000 intercepted a ballistic missile with a conventional warhead.

What do you mean how I comment on a nuke ASAT test? I just Provided a source that stated that the V-1000 intercepted a ballistic missile with a conventional warhead.

your point regarding the V-1000 conventional warhead interception was validated by the provided link. Thanks. But it was an old technology and also as the article said:

On 4 March 1961 the V-1000 achieved a world first - the destruction of the re-entry vehicle of an R-12 IRBM. This was followed by the destruction of an R-5 re-entry vehicle.

So the interceptions were not exoatmospheric and they were terminal interception, correct?

Also is there any data showing Russia is capable of intercepting current more advanced missiles than the one which v-1000 intercepted?

Back
Top Bottom