What's new

DF-21D Ant-Aircraft Carrie Missile officially confirmed!

If you were a PLA general, would you ask your government to fund a prestigious toy (e.g. show the flag) like an aircraft carrier or would you demand they provide the funds to build another 100 ICBMs first (e.g. to defend the homeland)? The preparation of the Shi Lang for sea trials speaks volumes about the preparedness of China's military for a thermonuclear war.

We can only reasonably infer the PLA generals have satisfied all of their ICBM needs in deterring the United States or Russia and they're now moving on to aircraft carrier projects with much lower priority.

You have watched too many movies.

When the Chinese detect American ballistic missiles launching, they will launch their entire thermonuclear arsenal (e.g. use it or lose it). Alternatively, if China feels its back is against the wall and they have nothing to lose (e.g. might as well take them with us), you will see a full-scale launch against the United States and Russia. There will be a Global Thermonuclear War.

My only hope is they televise the war live and I will know the total number of Chinese ICBMs before I go. Nothing irritates me more than not knowing the answer to a good mystery. I just like to know I was right before it's all over.

Hopefully there will be no insane guy becoming the commander in chief of USA in the future.

If you were a PLA general, would you ask your government to fund a prestigious toy (e.g. show the flag) like an aircraft carrier or would you demand they provide the funds to build another 100 ICBMs first? The preparation of the Shi Lang for sea trials speaks volumes about the preparedness of China's military for a thermonuclear war.

We can only reasonably infer the PLA generals have satisfied all of their ICBM needs in deterring the United States or Russia and they're now moving on to aircraft carrier projects with much lower priority.

The strategic weapons always hold a higher priority than any conventional weapons such as the aircraft carrier.

This is no brainer.

In that case the retaliatory strike coming from the US would be considered a nuclear attack resulting in a 'real' nuclear retaliatory strike from the nuclear armed powers. There really is a no win situation out of this. Best is to avoid it altogether by staying outside of the DF-21D range. This way it will significantly reduce the risk of being hit by what can be perceived as a 'possible' nuclear attack. Chances are, US will not dare fire off a single nuke in case of being dealt with the same retaliatory response. Unless of course, they want to commit suicide together. It will also give the Russians the green light to making more nukes. Afterall, they are not exactly in good terms with America. :azn:
Bunk...The only way for China to make good on this threat is to assume that a US aircraft carrier group WILL attack China with a nuclear first strike. Else if there is a tense relationship between the two countries the US will move in as we have done in the past.

Dream on bro, "Apologies"? you will be lucky if the old viet is ready to turn off his "denial mode" regarding "DF-21D for once. "anti-Chinese", don't mistaken with "anti-China" though, its in his blood. :coffee:
Aaahhh...The old racists just simply cannot resist bringing that up.

You have watched too many movies.

When the Chinese detect American ballistic missiles launching, they will launch their entire thermonuclear arsenal (e.g. use it or lose it). Alternatively, if China feels its back is against the wall and they have nothing to lose (e.g. might as well take them with us), you will see a full-scale launch against the United States and Russia. There will be a Global Thermonuclear War.

My only hope is they televise the war live and I will know the total number of Chinese ICBMs before I go. Nothing irritates me more than not knowing the answer to a good mystery. I just like to know I was right before it's all over.

You will probably live to be hanged. I'm sure Boston isn't that high on the target list, they don't have that many ICBM's. I would be dead, I live in El Paso, we have Ft. Bliss and White Sands here (largest base complex in the world)

There is a principle called proportionality.

There is no way that the US would ever consider even a nuclear strike on a carrier group as the same as one on that of a US city.

The simple reason is that the US would not be prepared it's whole existence over a strike on a carrier group that killed "only" 10,000 or so personel.

Most likely response to a nuclear strike on a carrier group would be a US nuclear strike on a Chinese naval base.
Reasonable enough. What could happen is that if a US aircraft carrier is (conceivably) sunk and the attack was found to be non-nuclear, then there will a proportional non-nuclear response. That does not mean the same amount of troops killed. It mean we will response with the same TYPE of weapons but with greater effectiveness.

Bunk...The only way for China to make good on this threat is to assume that a US aircraft carrier group WILL attack China with a nuclear first strike. Else if there is a tense relationship between the two countries the US will move in as we have done in the past.

Funny a Viet just keeps parroting for the US like you are the commander in chief, lol.

You are still Mr.Nobody my friend.

Reasonable enough. What could happen is that if a US aircraft carrier is (conceivably) sunk and the attack was found to be non-nuclear, then there will a proportional non-nuclear response. That does not mean the same amount of troops killed. It mean we will response with the same TYPE of weapons but with greater effectiveness.

I didn't know America had ASBMs. Any links?

I didn't know America had ASBMs. Any links?
The word 'type' has a different context. See if you with your 'high Chinese IQ' can figure that out.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

We rearry sorry toward " Gambit's inferiority syndrome".
True...I am of an 'inferior' Asian stock.

Back
Top Bottom