What's new

Developments and Turkish operations in Libya

Problem is the growing presence of Russia, but I expect China is/going to be a bigger headache, IMO. I think democracy is necessary for NA countries.

The state Department isnt run by one person, why am I having to explain this to you? its has a collective decision making mechanism, that involves diplomates, and career bureaucratic officials, which make decision based of the input of a multitude of factors. Thats how the american foreign policy apparatus has always worked.
As someone who worked in USG I know how our govt operates. So spare me from your nonsense and parallel with GOT

Russian presence in Libya is through soft power over Egypt, Algeria. Both Egypt and Algeria are heavy Russian military hardware buyers. Tunisia is the only north African country hostile to Russia owing to its Islamic MB government which backs Muslim independence in Russia.
If Russia controls Libya then Russians get to capitalize on Libyan energy resources to Europe. Thus, Russia will compete with Algiers and Egypt.
Just because those 2 procure Russian weapons doesn’t mean Russia exercises soft power over them. They are just buyers of Russian hardware, that’s all.

If Russia controls Libya then Russians get to capitalize on Libyan energy resources to Europe. Thus, Russia will compete with Algiers and Egypt.

Libya's oil is for Libya. Russia, Egypt, Algeria are not pirate states like the US is, stealing Syria's oil for themselves.

Libya's oil is for Libya. Russia, Egypt, Algeria are not pirate states like the US is, stealing Syria's oil for themselves.
And this just shows your true mindset. ''Russia this, Russia that, Russia stronk'' You are the official clown of PDF. Sometimes you become an analyst of a war that you've never heard of, but sometimes you become a general...
Just because a country purchases a weapon from X country doesn't mean that they can't have different interests than the X country. We bought the S-400 from Russia, yet we have been long rivals with them. Romania/Poland and the rest of the E.European countries are all hostile towards Russia, yet they still use Russian weapons. UAE/Jordan-/Bahrain/Saudi Arabia are all major customers of Turkish land vehicles; yet, we are bitter rivals with them. We even upgraded Bahrain's AH-1 Cobra attack helicopters; KSA even uses Turkish made UAVs in Yemen, yet we are bitter rivals with them. In this case, Tunisia and Algeria have been pro-GNA for a loonnngg time before even you were born, they even congratulated the GNA on capturing the Al-Watiya airbase. Algeria is even about to involve in Libya on GNA's side, they sent a bill to their parliment for the first time in their history to deploy troops elsewhere...
So, you better stay away from the topics that you have no idea about, or at least try to get an idea of the situation before writing such bullshit, Ruskie...

Interesting. They could be doing a similar intervention as Russia in Syria. Al Watiaya is clear for 150km in any direction. LNA do not have the capability now to attack the base from the ground, and from the air it will not be easy as the UAV will need to be airborne a long time to reach the base. I don't see any LNA manned aircraft making any attempt if there are Turkish fighter jets stationed there.

As someone who worked in USG I know how our govt operates.

where do you work, the post office? lol.

for someone who works for the State, you sure do sound naive about how the foreign policy apparatus is organized?

on the contrary, Game Of Thrones is a very nice example to explain to simpletons..

Looks like HISAR-O will be tested now...

By the by, the background works is all from KORAL...

The Turkish folks, in general, have taken this Mavi Vatan (Blue Homeland), the East Med, the Greek occupied Turkish islands, Libya etc. way too seriously....

As for others, it's like a game! As for Turkey, it's like the survival...

Back
Top Bottom