What's new

Developments and Turkish operations in Libya

So considering we don't have any AA ships and our airforce doesn't have a base in Libya, how exactly are we planning to counter these planes?

Moving SAM systems to Libya might work but for the moment they'd be in the same position as the Pantsirs were, in the open and available for sead missions.

Maybe moving a squadron to the closest available base (does our Somalia base have the capacity?) would be a good idea.

Turkey-backed GNA just captured Al-Waitya airbase, the most strategic and well-built airbase in Libya. Turkey is currently repairing the damages and we will soon see TuAF operating from it.

you can fly sorties from turkey to libya via aerial refueling, not in a sustainable way, but enough to carry out airstrikes and cripple the al jufra airbase.

Turkish Airforce can destroy Al Jufra Airbase and Russian junk MIG-29 and SU-24 in a few hours

and today Turkish Foreign Ministry warned Haftar's militias of retaliation if Turkish interests are targeted in Libya
Haftar forces will be legitimate target if attack Turkish interests

btw Turkey should arm Cargo Ships with dozens of BORA Ballistic Missiles to destroy Airbases of LNA
as like Israeli concept
hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Turkey-backed GNA just captured Al-Waitya airbase, the most strategic and well-built airbase in Libya. Turkey is currently repairing the damages and we will soon see TuAF operating from it.

I don't agree with you. In my opinion, the Turkish Air Force will not deploy fighter to Al Waitya, this will not be a secure decision. GNA will use the Al Waitya for UAV flights to increase their range. But the area doesn't completely secure for Turkish Air Force. The Turkish Air Force is a strong power, but airbase and near areas need to be secure for this deployment.

And leave them exposed and vulnerable? I don't think so, this would be a desperate move that would only endanger Turkish pilots and assets. Unless we move in SAM batteries and layer them around the airbase and add enough fighters to do regular patrols it wouldn't be a good idea to do this imo.

In the future? Yep sure

And leave them exposed and vulnerable? I don't think so, this would be a desperate move that would only endanger Turkish pilots and assets. Unless we move in SAM batteries and layer them around the airbase and add enough fighters to do regular patrols it wouldn't be a good idea to do this imo.

In the future? Yep sure
What about our S400? Can't we ship them to Libya? In addition, we could show the US that this system won't be activated in Turkey.

You know, you are gonna need spare parts from Russia right? And you also know, Russians probably can easily jam the air defence system they created right?
I know but I assumed that a direct confrontation between the two countries in Libya is not going to happen any time in the future. Russian jets won't attack al Watiya if they know that Turkish jets and troops could be damaged. After all, Russian bases in Syria aren't that far away.

Libya isn't as important as Syria for the Russians...

I know but I assumed that a direct confrontation between the two countries in Libya is not going to happen any time in the future. Russian jets won't attack al Watiya if they know that Turkish jets and troops could be damaged. After all, Russian bases in Syria aren't that far away.

Libya isn't as important as Syria for the Russians...

Russia will not consider whether Turkish fighter in there or not. They will attack and blame the LNA. We saw the same game in Syria.

In the future? Yep sure

Turkey already has Hawk batteries and Korkut in Libya. They will protect the airbase.

I am pretty sure the Pentagon wants to have a taste of this airbase again for they built it the first time. NATO is supporting Turkey in Libya for a reason. Anyway, it's a counter-weight against Russia too...

Couple it with the Kanal Istanbul, which can potentially facilitate the NATO presence in the Black Sea 24/7...

Russia needs to know her place in Libya...

Unless Russia deploys air force to Benghazi to bomb GNA like Russia did in Syria. No way Turkey shoots down Russian jets and start a war with Russia. I'm sure Putin and Erdogan will come to an agreement. Western Libya west of Sirte is Turkey's playground. Eastern Libya up to and including Sirte is Russia's playground. That way Turkey and Russia split Libya the way they split Syria. Turkey is NATO in name only. Turkey is rival of EU. That's why Turkey is always the outsider in NATO. And Erdogan knows that.

I am pretty sure the Pentagon wants to have a taste of this airbase again for they built it the first time. NATO is supporting Turkey in Libya for a reason. Anyway, it's a counter-weight against Russia too...

Couple it with the Kanal Istanbul, which can potentially facilitate the NATO presence in the Black Sea 24/7...

This is what I am saying:yahoo:
Pentagon. Wants. A taste. Of. An Airbase. We built. During. WW2:cheesy:
Forget about that USA/NATO have presence in East Med in Sigonella Naval Air Station in Sicily, right across from Libya.
Forget that there is USA/NATO presence in Chad,Niger, Sudan, Egypt and even in Tunisia, the CT training center in Gabes and naval port Bizerte.
No. Pentagon wants a piece of some bombed out shithole airbase:lol:
Stop spewing this nonsense already

This is what I am saying:yahoo:
Pentagon. Wants. A taste. Of. An Airbase. We built. During. WW2:cheesy:
Forget about that USA/NATO have presence in East Med in Sigonella Naval Air Station in Sicily, right across from Libya.
Forget that there is USA/NATO presence in Chad,Niger, Sudan, Egypt and even in Tunisia, the CT training center in Gabes and naval port Bizerte.
No. Pentagon wants a piece of some bombed out shithole airbase:lol:
Stop spewing this nonsense already
Pentagon follows two Muslim countries very closely - Turkey and Pak...

Back
Top Bottom