What's new

Developments and Turkish operations in Libya

Its serious escalation Libyan conflict. If other country can send warplanes then turkey and its ally too have rights to sends warplane to support a UN recognised govt.
Hmm whose side is turkey on..last i check it was with russia and was dumping f35 for s400..

See how stupid that move was...

USA allaince with kurd was temporary ..there was no need for turks to react by dumping f35..now every one have a beef with turks..russians, arabs, americans..

Turkey ready to defend our interests with uav and naval ships in the region.

Hmm whose side is turkey on..last i check it was with russia and was dumping f35 for s400..

See how stupid that move was...

USA allaince with kurd was temporary ..there was no need for turks to react by dumping f35..now every one have a beef with turks..russians, arabs, americans..
We like it that way.

And now on media haftar is pictured more often with a suit and tie instead of his uniform with ranks.
from "warlord - general haftar" to "political - opposition leader mr. haftar".
Wont be surprised to see open supports from western countries following this transition.

So considering we don't have any AA ships and our airforce doesn't have a base in Libya, how exactly are we planning to counter these planes?

Moving SAM systems to Libya might work but for the moment they'd be in the same position as the Pantsirs were, in the open and available for sead missions.

Maybe moving a squadron to the closest available base (does our Somalia base have the capacity?) would be a good idea.

what turkey needed was to overthrown both Syrian regime and support libyan govt..
this hsould have been achieved by working with NATO and USA..
instead first i didnt choose sides..than it when americans asked kurds..it jumped in and now it left libya unchecked..
The overthrow Asad was a game played by many countries. Each one in it for their own reasons, some of which were mutually contradictory.
Saudis and Emiratis were doing it to weaken Iran, Israel to weaken both Iran and Turkey and US and west to weaken Russia and Iran.
Each one to take it maximum benefit and commit least resources.
The project eventually dropped out of favour when the players realised that couldn't complete the task due to the Russian intervention.
The only players still committed are the ones which can not just let go either because of prestige ( Russia, US) or geography (Israel, Turkey).

Libya is again not as simple as you describe. Initially it was a NAto project but then they lost interest and left everyone work for their own profit. That is until Abu Dhabi got seriously involved and started to threaten the interests of Turkey.

Haftar forces to be legitimate target if attack Turkish interests ..21.05.2020

Turkish Foreign Ministry warns warlord Haftar's militias of retaliation if Turkish interests are targeted in Libya
thumbs_b_c_1ddfd88f9ae8b2f32792394da578012f.jpg

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/africa/haf...te-target-if-attack-turkish-interests/1849114

Stop posting unverified info and use your head or some common sense. This is the reason why I ridicule some users here who then complain to mod.
If SAA air assets deployed to Libya I wouldn’t worry a bit.
now, with regard to Russians. You got to understand something before russkies would move in to the region they have to deploy their naval assets providing initial “umbrella” to their Air Force. Simultaneously they would disembark naval infantry, airborne troops troops, engineers, logistics and so on and so worth.
russian foreign office would make strong statement saying “we are coming, stay out our way or face grave consequences” and call to convene UN Security Council.
They can not and will not send their SU35 out of blue to libya. That’s not how shit works.
So for now GNA and Syrians must move forward and capture as many towns as possible and your intel on the ground must bribe various tribes to your side.

Back
Top Bottom