What's new

Developments and Turkish operations in Libya

Does F-4 2020 has air refueling capability?? I think it does but need confirmation from someone with more knowledge

We should send Bora missiles there for use against their airbases. Maybe if we capture a bit more land to the east, their bases will be in range.

Their bases wouldn't be in the range of Bora even if we advanced a further 800 km to the east. You're underestimating the vast distances in the North African region.

I think the TuAF exercise the other day was an attempt to deter such an escalation by the Egyptians. If the Egyptians decide to deploy F-16 and Rafale fighters, then there isn't much Turkey can do, without risking war with Egypt.

GNA is striking Tarhuna now! (seems like operation is resuming)

Their bases wouldn't be in the range of Bora even if we advanced a further 800 km to the east. You're underestimating the vast distances in the North African region.

I think the TuAF exercise the other day was an attempt to deter such an escalation by the Egyptians. If the Egyptians decide to deploy F-16 and Rafale fighters, then there isn't much Turkey can do, without risking war with Egypt.

Bora/J-600T may actually have a range which is over 1000km. The 280km range of the Khan is due to it being the export variant (can't exceed 300km).

Chances are that we do in fact have the missiles capable of going very long distances. I'm not sure about the specifics of the Bora or J-600T.. however a Turkish court ordered Roketsan to keep quite about a new product which required a very large truck... think we know what that means.

Bora/J-600T may actually have a range which is over 1000km. The 280km range of the Khan is due to it being the export variant (can't exceed 300km).

Chances are that we do in fact have the missiles capable of going very long distances. I'm not sure about the specifics of the Bora or J-600T.. however a Turkish court ordered Roketsan to keep quite about a new product which required a very large truck... think we know what that means.

I wasn't aware of this, thank you for the insights. However, could Turkey deliver a 300+ km Bora to GNA? That would be a violation of the export restrictions. Also, Turkey cannot use the weapon themselves in Libya as that would be a declaration of war against Egypt.

Pro-Haftar militias say they shot down a TB2 in the same area as the Wing Long was shot down. They provided this footage, which does not resemble a TB2 but rather a Wing Long.

They haven't. They are outgunned and with Turkey's superior early warning capabilities as well as EW capabilities, the Egyptians are up for another militaristic embarrassment.

They even made celebratory drone footage of the crashed Wing Long :omghaha:

Yes, from the looks of it they'll get Meteor in a year or so.I don't know the capabilities of their Russian BVR's,I'm honestly skeptical about those but even so, short legged than the c7, in the right conditions, the MICA is a deadly missile. Egypt also has EW capabilities and if backed by Emirati F16 blk60 and EW,,/AWACS it's a credible deterrent.

If egyptian fighter planes enter libyan airspace and conduct operations its going to become ugly. If only we had some proper air defence system to provide.

Back
Top Bottom