What's new

Developments and Turkish operations in Libya

This is exaggerated. The helicopters are to slow moving to be considered as worthy targets. Even drones move faster than helicopters. Shooting down helicopters is not a big deal. Even old stinger missiles of 1990s could do that as seen in kargil war. Secondly, calling drones as having air superiority is absurd. Drones are useless against countries who even have basic aircrafts like trainer aircrafts.
We will have nice conversation with you about drones and air superiority if Pakistan buys Akinci
Regarding the hisar A I have already expressed doubts and said that it was claimed by pro iranian website which cited russian website

It's because Bayraktar is a simple(but cheap and effective as hell) tactical UAV. Anka is far more complex MALE UAV but after gaining experience from the Anka, TAI finished the design of Aksungur in just 1 year.
Anka is much more capable without a question but TB2 has smaller rcs cheaper for maintenance even maybe it takes less time for airborne-this is critical when pkk are being hunted unexpectedly
TB2 was used by TR army for a reasons which both you and I already stated but I will just add this:
Using extensively TB2 makes it much easier for drone operators to switch effortlessly to Akinci since they share the more or less the same ecosystem of course there will be lots of new additions on Akinci but still getting used to a already known interface is important advantage)
not even a month will pass after official 1st fully equipped unit handover before we will have already qualified Akinci operators for Libya and/or Syria
Or Iraq-I forgot this one ;)

Last edited:
Also one important factor is that thanks to TB2 which is extremely cheap and easily replaceable than Anka-s turkish drone operators conducted thousands of strikes against pkk targets(we know that pkk has MANPADS and AA guns that could down drones) which made them professional killers with great precision capabilities
For example UAE drone pilots lack the level of pin point accuracy of their turkish counterparts we can see this clearly in Libya

this is claimed by pro iranian site which in turn cited russian source
We all know that hisar A is 100% ready only an order for mass production is left
Who knows maybe limited number of hisar A units are indeed secretly used in Libya for combat experiment

I am not sure why there is Iranian flag in his post. I think Iran wants GNA to be in better shape opposite of what Assad wants to see. I personally do not see Hafter a descent person or a good leader.

Iranians have done drone storms too starting from 1980s. Even Yemenis have done their drone master strikes and have killed multiple patriots.

I am not sure why there is Iranian flag in his post. I think Iran wants GNA to be in better shape opposite of what Assad wants to see. I personally do not see Hafter a descent person or a good leader.

Iranians have done drone storms too starting from 1980s. Even Yemenis have done their drone master strikes and have killed multiple patriots.
As far as i know pro-iranian twitter accounts are pro-haftar the website which ali bakeer cited is pro-iranian a fact well-known
About the last paragraph:
It’s important to have regular training in order to “boost your form” for killing clearly UAE is a new player that hasn’t done too much strikes at least not as much as others(USA Israel Turkey Iran)
But this was an off topic I wanted to explain to people why TB2 was preferred more
Now we should stick to the current topic ;)

The thing is what do you get by the definition of ''drone''? For ex. in the Idlib clash, when the Assad Regime said that they shot down 6 Turkish drones; they also counted the small drones of the rebels with the 3 actual Turkish losses. Do you think about the small civilian drones that costs 3-5k or the MALE drones of Turkey?

The thing is what do you get by the definiton of ''drone''? For ex. in the Idlib clash, when the Assad Regime said that they shot down 6 Turkish drones; they also counted the small drones of the rebels with the 3 actual Turkish losses. Do you think about the small civilian drones that costs 3-5k or the MALE drones of Turkey?

I don’t follow Libya closely but considering the geographical limitations of Turkey against Egypt and Israel and Haftar, Erdogan has done well. He had too. The amount of oil in Mediterranean Sea May equal that of Persian gulf.

As far as i know pro-iranian twitter accounts are pro-haftar the website which ali bakeer cited is pro-iranian a fact well-known
About the last paragraph:
It’s important to have regular training in order to “boost your form” for killing clearly UAE is a new player that hasn’t done too much strikes at least not as much as others(USA Israel Turkey Iran)
But this was an off topic I wanted to explain to people why TB2 was preferred more
Now we should stick to the current topic ;)
It was only 3 or so months ago that the Iran gave it's public support for the LNA. Also they sent some armament support with cargo planes as well.

Source? That is news to me.
It would take a long *** time for me to find it. It was all over the news actually, so you can find it if you are determined. There's a chance I might be wrong about the armament support but I am sure about the public support.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom