What's new

Deteriorating situation in Nagorno-Karabakh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Politics. Religion in our current age and also before has been intermingled with policy and used as an excuse to invade others. If not religion then race, language, tribalism etc. would be used. That is just human nature.

But as I said I do not know much about the conflict other than Russia and Iran supporting Armenia and Turkey Azerbaijan. From there on I do not know much. I know more much, much more about the Chechen conflict and what is going on in Dagestan.

wow i didnt expect that from you!

@p(-)0ENiX

That is possible about the IVC.

But that haplogroup predate any current language, especially the Indo-European language branch and any ethnic groups alive today outside of Africa and few isolated people such as Aboriginals, Pacific Islanders, Papuans etc.
Nor did that haplogroup even originate on the Central Asian steppe etc. from where the Aryan invasions occurred into mainly Northwestern India, Pakistan and parts of Iran.
The percentage of haplogroup R is not minimal in the Arab world (Middle East). In fact it is the second most widespread haplogroup. J is the most widespread though while North Africa appears to be a blend between J, R and E. Most of Italy and Greece are not majority haplogroup R and even if they were that would not be due to any invasion from Central Asia. They came there long ago since most theories point to the haplogroup R originating in the Middle East more presiely Anatolia. Which is just next to Greece.
Aside from that then a Y-Chromosone is a small, small part of your overall DNA. That is why all Middle Eastern people cluster more with each other despite differences in language, culture, religion than they do with South Asians, North Asians, South East Asians and Far East Asians. Pakistanis, Afghans (especially) and some Northern Indians seem to have a big affinity with the peoples of the Middle East. Afghanistan for instance seem to be blend between ME, SA and CA.
The people of the Middle East, at least the Arab world, also cluster much more with Southern Europeans (overall) and Europeans (minus Eastern Europeans who there seems to be very little affinity with) than we do with other Asians. The vast majority of South Asians appear to have indigenous roots as indigenous as they can obviously be. Overall that is if we look at the DNA tests conducted and look what people cluster with.

Last edited:
I have read

Genghis Khan: Life, Death, and Resurrection by John Man — Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists

Kublai Khan by John Man — Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists

And Islam is common denominator in most of turkic people except Mongolia ( Buddhist) . I asked because as far as i know Tengrisim is dead .
Well, every pagan religion is dead. Pagan religion is not good at organizing the masses. Abrahamic religions are. So it was good choice. It was our own choice. Turkic peoples are the whole Muslim region behind them. Although all Turkic peoples are Muslim. They never forgot their history before Islam. We have a lot of influence from our Turkic pagan past plus Turkic islam is different than Arab or Iranian islam.

@Surenas @Abii @Serpentine @kollang Guys look at this thread. For those of you defending rmi5 look at the pan-Turkism and separatist messages he makes. @Abii should be ashamed of himself for supporting this guy, shows me you don't care about Iran at all. @rmi5 change your country flag to Azerbaijan and remove Dr. Mossadegh picture from your avatar. If he was alive he would spit in your face.

Well, every pagan religion is dead. Pagan religion is not good at organizing the masses. Abrahamic religions are. So it was good choice. It was our own choice. Turkic peoples are the whole Muslim region behind them. Although all Turkic peoples are Muslim. They never forgot their history before Islam. Turkic islam is different than Arab or Iranian islam.

Well i agree with most of your post except First Line . Hinduism and Buddism are two Pagan religions when combined outclass Islam in number of adherents . But i agree with everything else . Pagan relgions ( or as we call dharmic religion) are not good at organizing masses as its mostly between you and your god .

And i agree Turkic Islam is different than Arab/Iranian Islam . Infact they can learn a thing or two about co-existence from Turkic Islam .

Screen-shot-2013-08-06-at-8.04.45-AM.jpg
You would probably be whiped for posting that in Iran. I hope you use a proxy or I hope you are refugee in western country.

Well i agree with most of your post except First Line . Hinduism and Buddism are two Pagan religions when combined outclass Islam in number of adherents . But i agree with everything else . Pagan relgions ( or as we call dharmic religion) are not good at organizing masses as its mostly between you and your god .

And i agree Turkic Islam is different than Arab/Iranian Islam . Infact they can learn a thing or two about co-existence from Turkic Islam .
Turkic people get along very well. I think not only Arabs but also Hindu people can learn from that. There is a lot of strive between Indians I heard and also a lot of other issues like rape etc. That is very strange for Buddhist culture don't you say?

You would probably be whiped for posting that in Iran. I hope you use a proxy or are refugee in western country.

throughout history freethinkers were always prosecuted by nutjobs. dont worry about me ;)

Well, every pagan religion is dead. Pagan religion is not good at organizing the masses. Abrahamic religions are. So it was good choice. It was our own choice. Turkic peoples are the whole Muslim region behind them. Although all Turkic peoples are Muslim. They never forgot their history before Islam. We have a lot of influence from our Turkic pagan past plus Turkic islam is different than Arab or Iranian islam.

Well, Islam is one. You believe in the same tenants of Islam that we all do. Only difference are small practically differences and the extent you practice it etc. But that can be said about every country. You have some areas that are more conservative, some areas that belief in this madhhab, that have a Sufi tradition and some others that don't.

But Islam is one.

Can you be specific? What type of Pre-Islamic religion/culture is cherished by Turks today? Just out of curiosity.

PS: Paganism is FAR from dead. In Africa that is the 3 most widespread "religion". Many Uralic people of Siberia etc. also believe in Pagan religions.

There is nothing called Chadian Islam, Indonesian Islam or Polish Islam. All of the Muslims are proud Muslims and all adhere to the fundamentals of Islam. That their degree of conservatism wary and some practices does not make them any different Muslims or less Muslims.

Likewise Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhims, Judaism etc. is practiced differently from country to country, from region to region, from city to city, from people to people, from family to family etc. That is obvious since we are not all the same and don't view everything in the same way. All Turks don't practice Islam the same way and suffice to say not all of your family members even. Most likely at least.

Last edited:
Turkic people get along very well. I think not only Arabs but also Hindu people can learn from that. There is a lot of strive between Indians I heard and also a lot of other issues like rape etc. That is very strange for Buddhist culture don't you say?

Indians Are not Buddhist people( Buddhist is extreme minority in India ) and regarding Rape it happens everywhere but India is in focus nowadays . These days shall pass as well :) .

@Surenas @Abii @Serpentine @kollang Guys look at this thread. For those of you defending rmi5 look at the pan-Turkism and separatist messages he makes. @Abii should be ashamed of himself for supporting this guy, shows me you don't care about Iran at all. @rmi5 change your country flag to Azerbaijan and remove Dr. Mossadegh picture from your avatar. If he was alive he would spit in your face.

Get lost troll. what your comment has to do with the topic?
BTW,my relations with other members are not of your concerns and here is an international forum, not a women bathroom to moan about each other. Abii is well aware of my opinions and Serpentine is a good friend of mine.
BTW, I don't care about those other mentioned trolls, and they knew it very well.

Yup we do support our Azeri Brethren ! :kiss3:
Now, we can talk again, dude :enjoy:

Can you be specific? What type of Pre-Islamic religion/culture is cherished by Turks today? Just out of curiosity.

First of all we use two synonyms for god. One is islamic one which is allah and second one is tengri. When Turks say tengri they mean all gods, not just Islamic one.

To answer your question about influence of pre-islam relgion and culture. I mean you can do your own research but to give you few examples. The beginning mythology of Turkic peoples is not Islamic but Turkic pagan. Turkics are strongly rooted in Central-Asia mythology and holy symbols like star and cresent (which is TURKIC, not Muslim), Altay Moutains, wolves who saved the Turkic race. Etc.

Here are some examples:
Asena - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Epic of Koroghlu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are also cultural aspects but you can google that yourself. also Turkish warior code is passed down to modern day Turks. Every Turk is a soldier.

Get lost troll. what your comment has to do with the topic?
BTW,my relations with other members are not of your concerns and here is an international forum, not a women bathroom to moan about each other. Abii is well aware of my opinions and Serpentine is a good friend of mine.
BTW, I don't care about those other mentioned trolls, and they knew it very well.

I am just showing your true face to the others. @Serpentine is too accomadating of separatist sympathisers, but after reading your posts in this thread he will know your true face. I have my disagreements with @Abii, but I am sure in his own way he wants the best for Iran. I can't imagine he will be tolerant of separatists like you. We shall see. Anyway its funny you are so proud of being Azeri but can't speak a word of it. Yet you speak Persian fluently. Funny …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom