What's new

Detailed pics of new POF guns!!

G-3 is not hot favorite within the Pak Army ...they prefer the Type-56 and they commonly call it the SMG ...when a Jawan say SMG ...he means a Type-56 ...not the MP-5 or anything else ...G-3 is not liked in the army because of it's size and kick ...and uncontrollable in burst mode ...!

The new G-3M ratifies some o those issues like weight,size,accuracy and recoil..

We should do something like the (Or should I say we are doing )...Indonesians .... They started doing similiar thing with their FNs and today they have the Pindad SS series..

The new G-3M ratifies some o those issues like weight,size,accuracy and recoil..

We should do something like the (Or should I say we are doing )...Indonesians .... They started doing similiar thing with their FNs and today they have the Pindad SS series..
Pindad was checked by our COAS as well ...You are very right ...the painful truth is that we cannot leave G-3 behind completely and switch to some other fancy gun ...i don't see it possible and neither the army is willing ...G-3 has to be made adoptable according to the modern requirements and we need to set up something like NOA (National Optics Agency) who's job should be making modern optics ...like sights for guns ..something like EO Tech/Red Dots...Ballistic Eye Wears like Oakley ...and state of the art Binoculars like those from Leopold ..!

Pindad was checked by our COAS as well ...You are very right ...the painful truth is that we cannot leave G-3 behind completely and switch to some other fancy gun ...i don't see it possible and neither the army is willing ...G-3 has to be made adoptable according to the modern requirements and we need to set up something like NOA (National Optics Agency) who's job should be making modern optics ...like sights for guns ..something like EO Tech/Red Dots...Ballistic Eye Wears like Oakley ...and state of the art Binoculars like those from Leopold ..!

We have Complex of Optronics...

Check out this thread you will find many sights,NVGs,long range surv equipmen (including heat etc) .. NVG n other sights for heli Pilots etc etc.

Weapons made in Pakistan

A teaser:

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I think @Horus or @Irfan Baloch should take interview of some senior Military man and discuss this so every body can have final answer

IF R&D in G3 is significant, but why our SSG and special forces use AK's instead of these G3's??
Special Forces are generally involved in close quarters combat (CQC) more than they are in long range combat. AKs are better for CQC because they offer more mobility and are easier to handle, which is necessary in close quarters. The G3, on the other hand, is better for long-range combat, which is why most front line troops have it.

Check out this thread you will find many sights,NVGs,long range surv equipmen (including heat etc) .. NVG n other sights for heli Pilots etc etc.

Weapons made in Pakistan

A teaser:

View attachment 226659 View attachment 226660 View attachment 226661 View attachment 226662 View attachment 226663
What you have posted is in my knowledge, but you certainly missed what I wrote ...'something like EO Tech/Red Dots...Ballistic Eye Wears like Oakley ...and state of the art Binoculars like those from Leopold' ... It can be produced on a mass scale and shall be started as soon as possible ...and the drum magz for Type-56 as well ...!

Hi,

Why fix something that is not broken.

It works----
it works in the morning---
it works at night----
it works when it is hot---
it works when it is cold---
it works in the light---
and it works in the dark---
What do you not like about it working alright.

Once upon a time I had a Pentium-3 PC.... and
It worked----
it worked in the morning---
it worked at night----
it worked when it was hot---
it worked when it was cold---
it worked in the light---
and it worked in the dark---
But I still changed it.....and the answer of "WHY" is not rocket science to guess :)

Still...I will enlighten you
Comparing to modern designs, G-3 has
1- lower range
2- less accuracy
3- uncontrollable at rapid fire
4- not suitable for extremely hot, cold or dusty environment
5- not suitable in mountain areas, with terrain height changes and assosciated gravitational effects
6- not reliable, higher stoppage rate
7- low magazine capacity
With only advantage being able to defeat body armor, but again that's the advantage of 7.62x51 round..not of the rifle particularly.
But it's no wonder... I have seen threads like JF-17 VS F-22...so it's no wonder at all to praise and preffer G-3 over modern assault or combat rifles :)

Hi,

Thank you. The distances to shoot are much longer in the mountain warfare in pak afghan region---shooting from one mountain slope to the other---300-400-500 yards---. Then on top of that----you have terrs under the influence of opium / Hash.

What F16 is to the air force---G3 is to the pak military---just modifications and upgrades---. It was tailor made for pak military.
Support that. The range is too big. I rather opt for a .303 rifle vs a 5.56mm for range - we had a name for 5.56 in our unit... popcorn. just kidding.. each has its merits.
G3 does what is deployed for. In the terrain it is deployed in, nothing is better suited.. however i see lot of AKs when i have seen photos of the guards across the NW province - clarify is it deployed there?

Weapons made in Pakistan

A teaser:

View attachment 226659 View attachment 226660 View attachment 226661 View attachment 226662 View attachment 226663
Interesting to see maksutov scope attached to mg42 lmg. why the need for such a scope on lmg?

@denel. That's sir is not a maksutov spotting sight nor is that s MG-42... That's a high powered sight produced (day/night) by IO (institute of optronics - Pak) on a MG-3;

This is the current gear used by Pak troops.. ( although the Kevlar vests are being replaced):

image.jpg

And no these aren't Special forces but regular infantry guys.

@denel. That's sir is not a maksutov spotting sight nor is that s MG-42... That's a high powered sight produced (day/night) by IO (institute of optronics - Pak) on a MG-3;

This is the current gear used by Pak troops.. ( although the Kevlar vests are being replaced):

View attachment 226870

And no these aren't Special forces but regular infantry guys.
Thank you... MG42 origin for MG3.. no worries different calibre but same design.

That scope noted as nightscope.. Yes it can be used in that role. if you look carefully , you will see the two reflectors (larger back one reflecting to another mirror on the front - seen as a circle on the front clear correcting lense) which is Maksutov in design albeit used in night scope application. Maksutov is very rugged and used in many roles/sizes right across the defence industry. I have two Maks astronomical scopes. Very good light gathering capabilities.

Thank you... MG42 origin for MG3.. no worries different calibre but same design.

That scope noted as nightscope.. Yes it can be used in that role. if you look carefully , you will see the two reflectors (larger back one reflecting to another mirror on the front - seen as a circle on the front clear correcting lense) which is Maksutov in design albeit used in night scope application. Maksutov is very rugged and used in many roles/sizes right across the defence industry. I have two Maks astronomical scopes. Very good light gathering capabilities.

Sir if you don't mind me asking when did you serve during the days of the apartheid govt or after?

Support that. The range is too big. I rather opt for a .303 rifle vs a 5.56mm for range - we had a name for 5.56 in our unit... popcorn. just kidding.. each has its merits.
G3 does what is deployed for. In the terrain it is deployed in, nothing is better suited.. however i see lot of AKs when i have seen photos of the guards across the NW province - clarify is it deployed there?

Interesting to see maksutov scope attached to mg42 lmg. why the need for such a scope on lmg?

AK's are deployed in that region and others as well---it is the 2nd and 3rd tier forces.

Or the MP-5s (retarded idea to produce them)

Nothing retarded about the MP5.

The only gun that's being replaced is the MP-5...

Then why is the Pakistan Army still ordering batches by the thousand from the POF?

When I was in Islamabad in March, my uncle took me to an army range for a little target shoot. The MP5 I got to shoot was stamped 'POF MP5 14' on the receiver which I was told indicated a 2014 manufacture gun. Incidentally, they had some MP5s there which had been manufactured in the 1980s and which were still going strong.

Back
Top Bottom