What's new

Detailed pics of new POF guns!!

The rails and collapsible stock are definite improvements, but I still think 7.62x51 is not good for urban warfare and counter insurgency. This rifle would, however fare well on the borders. G3+ACOG=Awesome :D
POF should make a shorter barrel G3 in 5.56, with rails and collapsible stock or change to an AR-15 type platform. Something suited for CQB and room clearing.

G3Z G3T G3@$$%&#+*
Come on get rid of this relic now. Give us something new now POF.
G3s need to go ASAP.

Haven't I already created a similiar thread with most of the pics you are posting (which you copied from there)... Why waste the bandwidth ?

The rails and collapsible stock are definite improvements, but I still think 7.62x51 is not good for urban warfare and counter insurgency. This rifle would, however fare well on the borders. G3+ACOG=Awesome :D
POF should make a shorter barrel G3 in 5.56, with rails and collapsible stock or change to an AR-15 type platform. Something suited for CQB and room clearing.
The military don't want a smaller calib weapon..

Hundreds of these were given to SSG n army..
image.jpg

As for a shorter version... Try G-3S

It's known variant don't need a new thread

@DESERT FIGHTER

Here is the original thread:

Detailed pics of new POF guns!!

Shorter version (mostly in use with LEA's):

image.jpg
image.jpg

Specifications? Improvements?
Check out my thread.

I am wondering who is more stupid? POF? or the people who start cracking fire works after seeing a "modernized" G3... :undecided:
"بڈھی گھوڑی لال لگام" explains it perfectly. I suppose Pakistan is the last country left on this planet to still have G-3 as it's main service rifle and with plans to carry on with it for may be next 50 years as well.
give-me-a-break-header.jpg

I am wondering who is more stupid? POF? or the people who start cracking fire works after seeing a "modernized" G3... :undecided:
"بڈھی گھوڑی لال لگام" explains it perfectly. I suppose Pakistan is the last country left on this planet to still have G-3 as it's main service rifle and with plans to carry on with it for may be next 50 years as well.
View attachment 226384
Sweden,Turkey,Latvia,Norway etc ? Even Germans are still using them (although not as their main battle rifle).

Pak Army will not go for 5.56 caliber bcz they are happy with 7.62.
G3Z G3T G3@$$%&#+*
G3s need to go ASAP.
G3 is a very potent rifle and very reliable even after decades use. It has excellent accuracy at higher ranges. Very simple break down, maintenance. Even i can strip/ it completely in less than 2minutes after only few minutes training. Modern rifle are little complicated for our jawans.
Also bringing something new in such large scale needs lot of money.
IMO its magazines should be of 30 instead of 20 that is the most limiting factor.

For CQBs, there are other options being used

gentlemen, G3 serves it purpose and it does it well. Ask any NATO members how 5.56mm is challenged with it came to Afghanistan vs AK. When we transitioned to R4 (Galil derivative) from FN (7.62 nato); it was correct in our circumstances given that bush operations were always close quarter engagement and the need to 7.62mm was no longer there e.g. more rounds/mag and much lighter load to carry overall.
My 2cents, keep G3 where the need is; 5.56 more in urban environments.
Can it be improved yes and from what i see it already is getting done; materials have improved since G3 was incepted.

G3Z G3T G3@$$%&#+*
G3s need to go ASAP.
View attachment 226384
Heckler & Koch G3 - Users

No, POF and the Pakistan Army are not stupid.

The G3 is an effective and reliable weapon, and with some modifications it is modern enough for our purposes. Even some of the countries that have abandoned the G3 have replaced it with weapons based on the G3 platform, i.e the G41 and HK33, because the G3 platform is effective. So instead of replacing it with another similar weapon like other countries, we have decided to modify it ourselves.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that, given that Pakistan's defense budget is actually pretty low and they have better things to do than replace rifles every few years.

As for those worrying that the G3 isn't good enough for urban combat and CQC, the Army knows that and soldiers conducting those operations are given other weapons, like AK variants and MP5s. The SSG also uses M4s.

Yes, a replacement for the G3 is required in the near future, but it isn't an emergency and we can wait for a while longer.

Yes, but the G3A3 (Swedish designation AK4B) is only used by the Hemvärnet Nationella skyddsstyrkorna (Swedish Home Guard).

600px-NP5wY4jru.jpg

Swedish_Home_Guard_soldiers_in_Kungstr%C3%A4dg%C3%A5rden%2C_Stockholm.jpg

It's been replaced by the AK5c in front-line units:

vVqq3u6.jpg.jpg

0b76a7771e1bc3df6ecaa9bf41b48158.jpg

No, it's been replaced near military-wide by the HK416. Once again, it's only in limited service with the Heimevernet (Norwegian Home Guard), even then it's being replaced with the HK416.

AG-3
AG3_F2_by_kellebass.jpg

73891627.jpg

HK416

91267716.jpg

vrt0ab0.jpg

Last edited:
1433134562436.jpg

1433134594704.jpg

I think after G3M we can assume Pakistan has dropped the idea of replacing G3 completely, if they had some at first place.

View attachment 226384

Hi,

Why fix something that is not broken.

It works----
it works in the morning---
it works at night----
it works when it is hot---
it works when it is cold---
it works in the light---
and it works in the dark---
What do you not like about it working alright.

Back
Top Bottom