What's new

Detailed pics of new POF guns!!

gentlemen, G3 serves it purpose and it does it well. Ask any NATO members how 5.56mm is challenged with it came to Afghanistan vs AK. When we transitioned to R4 (Galil derivative) from FN (7.62 nato); it was correct in our circumstances given that bush operations were always close quarter engagement and the need to 7.62mm was no longer there e.g. more rounds/mag and much lighter load to carry overall.
My 2cents, keep G3 where the need is; 5.56 more in urban environments.
Can it be improved yes and from what i see it already is getting done; materials have improved since G3 was incepted.

Hi,

Thank you. The distances to shoot are much longer in the mountain warfare in pak afghan region---shooting from one mountain slope to the other---300-400-500 yards---. Then on top of that----you have terrs under the influence of opium / Hash.

What F16 is to the air force---G3 is to the pak military---just modifications and upgrades---. It was tailor made for pak military.

SCAR FN
fn_scar_l1.jpg
Its way more expensive

Hi,

Thank you. The distances to shoot are much longer in the mountain warfare in pak afghan region---shooting from one mountain slope to the other---300-400-500 yards---. Then on top of that----you have terrs under the influence of opium / Hash.

What F16 is to the air force---G3 is to the pak military---just modifications and upgrades---. It was tailor made for pak military.
This new G3M has been approved I think. I have never seen Army Chief testing the gun the way Kiyani was doing. It tells a lot about new G3M.

Last edited:
SIG 716 is awesome, in 7.62x51

Although, that looks like a rail mounted front post.
I'd prefer a fixed FP and detachable rear sight+carry handle like in a bare AR-15/M4 platform.

SIG 716 is awesome, in 7.62x51

Although, that looks like a rail mounted front post.
I'd prefer a fixed FP and detachable rear sight+carry handle like in a bare AR-15/M4 platform.
The way Kiyani was testing the Gun I think we would see G3M as our main Gun

Replacing the G3 for our army will be expensive

The G3 has both advantages and disadvantages, its big and hefty, due to size its not perfect for close combat and it has a strong recoil

BUT

Its powerfull, reliable, easy to use and maintain and whatever it hits stays hit

Whatever we upgrade to will have to be a varient of the G3 to save costs

merging with Zarvans new thread

Haven't I already created a similiar thread with most of the pics you are posting (which you copied from there)... Why waste the bandwidth ?

The military don't want a smaller calib weapon..

Hundreds of these were given to SSG n army..
View attachment 226378

As for a shorter version... Try G-3S

Here is the original thread:

Detailed pics of new POF guns!!

Shorter version (mostly in use with LEA's):

View attachment 226379 View attachment 226380

Check out my thread.
sorted

We are using G3 as for Close combat we are quite satisfied with Type 56 and M4
Not 100% true.. Had we been using it for CQB.. Or the MP-5s (retarded idea to produce them)... We wouldn't have gone for AK's or M-4s...

The only gun that's being replaced is the MP-5...

We produced AK clones (Russians got all shaky n shit)... N the cost was too high ... So instead they started importing them... N "pimping" them out.

Hi,

G-3 is not hot favorite within the Pak Army ...they prefer the Type-56 and they commonly call it the SMG ...when a Jawan say SMG ...he means a Type-56 ...not the MP-5 or anything else ...G-3 is not liked in the army because of it's size and kick ...and uncontrollable in burst mode ...!

Back
Top Bottom