What's new

deputy commander Sayyaris interview criticizing the irgc

thugs always end up infighting. Not civilized enough to be better.

Whats the opinion of the iranian members here on deputy commander Sayyaris interview today?

I think his frustrations with how Artesh has been portrayed within Iran by various Iranian media outlets is justified and fair.

For a man like him who was a former Marine-Commando, working his way up the ranks of Artesh to his now current prominent position that demands his full attention at all times. It is rather telling, he knows that Artesh within Iran has been downplayed and made to look like second-fiddle to the IRGC (which in many respects is fair) but he is only human and will defend the institution he has given his life to serve, literally.

These sorts of topics which Sayyari had brought up on camera were definitely being talked about behind closed doors but it really is surprising to see him going on in-front of cameras to openly discuss it.

Needless to say, I do agree with his sentiment overall.

Last edited:
I think his frustrations with how Artesh has been portrayed within Iran by various Iranian media outlets is justified and fair.

For a man like him who was a former Marine-Commando, working his way up the ranks of Artesh to his now current prominent position that demands his full attention. It is rather telling, he knows knows that Artesh within Iran has been downplayed and made to look like second-fiddle to the IRGC (which in many respects is fair) but he is only human and will defend the institution he has given his life to serve, literally.

These sorts of tops that Sayyari said on camera were definitely being said behind closed doors but it really is surprising to see this sort of talk going on in-front of cameras. Needless to say I do agree with his sentiment overall.
Do you think this could be related to likely behind the scenes [and not so behind the scenes] jostling over who gets priority for new weapons and equipment now that the arms embargo is about to expire?

Do you think this could be related to likely behind the scenes [and not so behind the scenes] jostling over who gets priority for new weapons and equipment now that the arms embargo is about to expire?

Amir made a post about it on Twitter saying that exact same notion, that this might be a ploy to get better funding and equipment for the Artesh in the future.

So yes, absolutely that just may be the case.

Amir made a post about it on Twitter saying that exact same notion, that this might be a ploy to get better funding and equipment for the Artesh in the future.

So yes, absolutely that just may be the case.
LOL,yeah thats where I actually got the question from,I`m just curious what iranians think about all of this.

he is not mad of IRGC he is criticizing the media that only shows IRGC doing fights. to be honest it's army own fault. they didn't allow cameras in their ranks or covering their fights. in the result army is not in any recorded video. for example in khorramshahr operation naval commandos were a main and leading force but you can not find any recording of them unless it's basij/IRGC footage.
I saw many army personal criticizing army policies. for example the training dogfights.
or you might notice that in many drills they just show an old image of a maverick missile hitting a moving car. part of the blame is on army itself.
lol one of professional photographers which works in military domain once said that he went to an IRIAF airbases and requested to take some photo from planes. they detained him and after several hours gave him a USB memory containing images of US F-14.

i hope he doesnt recieve any backlash for this.. a brave man, and an absolute war hero.

watch this documentary on what his naval commandos did in the battle of khoramshahr. outnumbered , outgunned, thrown into a hopeless situation and absolutely gave the Iraqi armored divisions HELL and delayed them long enough for Iran to organize defenses...

sayyari was one of the last soldiers/commandos to leave khoramshahr with "tears is in eyes" as he described it, promising to return.

I think he was blaming the media, and general army policy of not allowing cameras anywhere.. I actually prefer strong willed people like this in positions of power, rather then weasel yes men. we need more men like him.

he is not mad of IRGC he is criticizing the media that only shows IRGC doing fights. to be honest it's army own fault. they didn't allow cameras in their ranks or covering their fights. in the result army is not in any recorded video. for example in khorramshahr operation naval commandos were a main and leading force but you can not find any recording of them unless it's basij/IRGC footage.
I saw many army personal criticizing army policies. for example the training dogfights.
or you might notice that in many drills they just show an old image of a maverick missile hitting a moving car. part of the blame is on army itself.
lol one of professional photographers which works in military domain once said that he went to an IRIAF airbases and requested to take some photo from planes. they detained him and after several hours gave him a USB memory containing images of US F-14.
That's what I wanted to say. IRGC has a much better grasp of its public relations compared to the army.
Navy I believe is doing a good job, Airforce is terrible and ground forces have made a joke of themselves showing same garbage tanks every year.

Yeah well we saw how Army fights. Artesh got sent to Syria. The famous “Nohed” was sent and got their *** wiped at El Eis which Hezbollah and IRGC had to fight To take back. National embarrassment.

Artesh should focus on training their soldiers.

It’s a fact of life that Artesh doesn’t have as much funding opp as IRGC. There should be greater parity or a complete separate process for funding IRGC vs Artesh.

In my opinion, IRGC should send funding approval directly to Rahbar and Security Council while Artesh goes the traditional parliament and president route. Making IRGC and Artesh share a single pot is stupid it’s like asking a lion to share food with a vulture.

Not to mention IRGC at this point is mostly an exo-territorial and deterrence Force so it’s needs are different from a traditional military architecture like Artesh.

I dont like the disrespect Artesh is getting. For some reason, there is a mistrust mainly by religious people and clergy who think Artesh is anti Islamic and will topple the regime, while all the pasdars are holy. Although I personally like and respect Sepah. There are too many economic benefits in becoming a pasdar, so not all pasdars joined Sepah because of their love for Iran. Meanwhile, I dont think you can find a single Arteshi that joined and stayed in Artesh for anything other than love for Iran, when he could basically do the same job and get much better pay and benefits by joining Sepah. These guys deserve more respect

Yeah well we saw how Army fights. Artesh got sent to Syria. The famous “Nohed” was sent and got their *** wiped at El Eis which Hezbollah and IRGC had to fight To take back. National embarrassment.

Artesh should focus on training their soldiers.

It’s a fact of life that Artesh doesn’t have as much funding opp as IRGC. There should be greater parity or a complete separate process for funding IRGC vs Artesh.

In my opinion, IRGC should send funding approval directly to Rahbar and Security Council while Artesh goes the traditional parliament and president route. Making IRGC and Artesh share a single pot is stupid it’s like asking a lion to share food with a vulture.

Not to mention IRGC at this point is mostly an exo-territorial and deterrence Force so it’s needs are different from a traditional military architecture like Artesh.
30 nohed alongside with 100 fatemiun fighters fought against 1000 FSA/HTS terrorists and hold their position and pushed back invading forces.
our casualities were because of mortar shelling and it does not matter how much you are trained or if your insignia says SAS, DELTA, Spetsnaz... result would be the same

Sayyari is old and his brain is dried by western teaches which even themselves didn't execute, for example avoiding economic activities.

This purely isolated army from economy, from industry, even from society was a west dictate for their puppets, inactive and pure burden in peace, inefficient and insufficient during war is a model which was exclusively created for us.

In US it's army is leading and directing the industry, you just have to look for the source of their softwares, hardwares and even networks to know what I'm talking about. US army even controls the Hollywood, and here this dead brain man says our teaching (his west teachings) says don't have a camera! well, take my advice, your ideas are even useless for museums.

about US past activities in our waters he is lying as well, I first heard it from an army guy (my father) with details way more humiliating than what Sayyari is complaining about.

about his bravery in fallen Khorramshahr it's enough to compare it with Ahwaz, where bunch of untrained and poorly armed IRGC volunteers, some even with sticks! stopped Iraq's armored division from capturing the city.

It's enough to compare IRGC which raided army depots and forcefully took out the weapons to defend the Ahwaz, with army officers who stood still to allow Iraq capture Khorramshaher and their excuse was higher order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here is higher order, go f@ck yourself!

Back
Top Bottom