What's new

Democracy is a failed experiment

Political suppression is often reflected through economical plight. Have you seen a on-duty president has to earn living by street begging?

Sheer lack of basic political economics knowledge! Read some more won't kill you. :angry:

Wow gpet you are my guru

Political suppression is often reflected through economical plight. Have you seen a on-duty president has to earn living by street begging?
Often? Is that the best you can do? Economies -- not 'often' -- but always have ups and downs cycles. Are these cycles the results of political oppression?

Sheer lack of basic political economics knowledge! Read some more won't kill you. :angry:
Take your own advice.

well said brother

Excellant analysis of gambit

Often? Is that the best you can do? Economies -- not 'often' -- but always have ups and downs cycles. Are these cycles the results of political oppression?

Take your own advice.

Comeon Gambit listen to the Guro go do some reading.

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Careful...Or should I take out stocks in companies that make kneepads? :lol:

Hey gambit didnt realise that you had a sense of humour. Will you still be laughing when dollar goes down the tubes and petrol is 50 bucks to the gallon

Give me both as I have personal experience in both.

I don't have much interest in both as the actual practice of communism was vastly different from the theory.

The positives of communism are mainly social equality between citizens, equal access to education, health care and employment.
something which is impossible in capitalism since someone needs to make profit.

there are no classes so it is impossible to be opressed by a different class of people.
The downside of communism is that it cannot operate in a pool of non communist countries.
the downside of capitalism is that eventually it doesn't work, a sociaty, then many, then more, then all, then the planet, eventually run out of the finite resources that one needs to make profit from.
you can't expect to win more money from the poker table than the players brought to it in the first place, and that is what capitalism is .. it is simply non viable.

Typical...

I don't have much interest in both as the actual practice of communism was vastly different from the theory.
Typical excuse for the epic fail that is communism.

The positives of communism are mainly social equality between citizens, equal access to education, health care and employment.
something which is impossible in capitalism since someone needs to make profit.
If that is true then why do people living under communist countries have an 'underground' economy where they vie for profits, no matter how large or small, over each other, thereby creating the class system you condemn? Are you admitting that it is natural for people -- per individual -- to try to distinguish themselves from each other in any way possible? And when systems like hereditary nobility or serfdom are not available they resort to wealth?

there are no classes so it is impossible to be opressed by a different class of people.
But there is a class -- political. As in the political elite who run the country, kills those who dissent, and have for themselves private physical luxuries they publicly condemned as 'decadent bourgeois' for the masses they lord over. We have seen this commonality, from petty dictators to major tyrants, from small communist countries like Albania to large powers like the Soviet and Chinese empires.

The downside of communism is that it cannot operate in a pool of non communist countries.
Why not? The communist countries aided and traded among themselves. No one forced them to compete with us democrats and capitalists.

the downside of capitalism is that eventually it doesn't work, a sociaty, then many, then more, then all, then the planet, eventually run out of the finite resources that one needs to make profit from.
you can't expect to win more money from the poker table than the players brought to it in the first place, and that is what capitalism is .. it is simply non viable.
But then the solution is neither capitalism nor communism but to kill ourselves as a species. Show us a single communist country that does not consume resources. To date, the only successful communist societies are the family unit and the monastery. And they consume.

Aaahhh...So now you cannot support your argument you resort to meaningless rhetoric. Answer the question: What was US before the current increase in welfare recipients? Good economic growth?

Only half century ago, USA was not a complete democratic country where African Americans were deprived of voting rights... in the beginning, only property owners of white male could vote… that was I call it “a limited democracy”.

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

Give me both as I have personal experience in both.

You are hatred blinded.

1949, China had life expectancy of 35, not to mention illiteracy and infant mortality. Now it is close to that of USA.

Good job CPC! You also helped USA as well; we now don’t have that many Chinese illegal immigrants as those from democratic countries.

Only half century ago, USA was not a complete democratic country where African Americans were deprived of voting rights... in the beginning, only property owners of white male could vote… that was I call it “a limited democracy”.
The argument implied that communism decreases poverty and capitalism increases poverty. Can you provide something to support that in spite of the fact that communist countries were consistently poorer than capitalist ones?

Countries never become rich and prosperous because of democracy.

Countries only become democracy because of being rich.

Only half century ago, USA was not a democratic country where African Americans were deprived of voting rights; in the beginning, only property owners of white male could vote… that was I call it “a limited democracy”.

China has limited democracy in its own forms.

Democracy is not everything for a country to be successful. It needs more than just that: a decent culture and tradition, well informed and educated mass with independent thinking, and with a political system that matches all that.

Democracy as a concept is not failing, just as communism a concept. Only people have failed them.

They use democracy to manipulate the mass, as they do with religion.

Don’t foolishly believe that once democratized everything goes hunky-dory. In fact, most democratic countries in Asia and Africa never worked.

If “democracy” fanatics and crusaders are let run amuck in the States, the situation is really worrisome: more tent cities, more food-stamps are expected.

On the other side, China has yet to form its own model. As a victim of Western powers, China has perhaps more problems to solve than USA. IMHO, Chinese government needs to solve income disparity, system transparency, and effective monitoring by its people.

What happened to that 'poverty caused communism' argument? Deleted because it was stupid? :lol:

The argument implied that communism decreases poverty and capitalism increases poverty. Can you provide something to support that in spite of the fact that communist countries were consistently poorer than capitalist ones?

Poverty is not caused by communism.

Poverty causes communism.

get your simple ABC straight!

Ah...That bit of stupidity is back.

Poverty is not caused by communism.

Poverty causes communism.

get your simple ABC straight!
Fine...Then explain how is it that once a country became entirely communist, that country remained -- wealth wise -- inferior to capitalist neighbors. Not only that, we had communist blocs where they aided and traded with each other. That mean the Soviet Empire should not have collapsed and the Chinese would not have reformed. The Internet would have been a communist invention. And the rest of the world would have so jealous that everyone would be a communist.

It is quite surprising that one is arguing about communism being superior to democracy even in 2010s!

I guess fall of USSR was not enough for some people.

Back
Top Bottom