What's new

Democracy is a failed experiment

It does not matter if there is a protest. The governments reaction to the protest is what matters.

Given UK government’s reaction to British version of “Arabic Spring”, compare it with Syria government’s reaction to “Arabic Spring” , please voice your opinion.

It does not matter if there is a protest. The governments reaction to the protest is what matters.

If the government listens, changes policies due to the protest regardless of the cost of changing, and does not deploy police, is that a good protest and a good government?

Given UK government’s reaction to British version of “Arabic Spring”, compare it with Syria government’s reaction to “Arabic Spring” , please voice your opinion.
Well in the UK the police were criticized for not being tough enough. But that is far better than what is happening in Syria where civilians are being gunned down.
I don't think they can be compared though, the rioters in the UK did not really have an aim, only to get a free TV. Whereas the Syrians want change.

If the government listens, changes policies due to the protest regardless of the cost of changing, and does not deploy police, is that a good protest and a good government?

clearly not as this would nean people abusing this and ultimately a failed democracy

Yea thats what i thought but then americans have never let truth get in the way of a quote
Sure thing, gents...

Crovitz: Dictators and Internet Double Standards - WSJ.com
There are officially some 80,000 protests a year in China, mostly over abuses such as illegal land seizures, forced evictions and refusals of officials to accept petitions of complaints.
The Chinese government no longer published these protest figures. That is publish, not about keeping track of them. So today many suspects that Chinese citizenry dissatisfaction with their government, local or national, is even greater since 2008.

If people in non-democracy can't show their dissatisfaction, tell us how come there are tens of thousands of “collective riots” every year in China?

If you vote bad guys out and other bad guys in, that is a weakness! They each takes turn in sucking ordinary man's blood and fating themselves.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
May be...

But I guess one bad guy kill another bad guy and his family to get in is much preferable?

Americans, freedom is not free!

It is time for you to take to the streets to make your views known to the Wall Street military dictatorships that Americans will never bow their heads to their fascist schemes. Why are you voting when every time you vote, dissatisfaction reaches 70%? Shoot every last one of those traitors and kick them back to where they came from. Why are you being ruled by a Muslim black, when America is a white nation for white Europeans? Go onto the streets, shoot at US army APCs, bomb the treasonous IRS!

---------- Post added at 06:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 AM ----------

What happens to the protestors in China?

they won and the government changed its policies. what happened to protesters in UK? Police brutally smashed them with water cannon.

Protests are a sign of a robust democracy; look at the protests occuring in advanced democracies like UK, France, China, etc. There are no protests in Malawi, the US or North Korea.
It is only one out of many signs of a robust democracy. But China is not a democracy and this is your deception. A true democracy is when there are LEGAL opposition parties, not that there are protests. In the US, the Communist Party is a LEGAL entity. So legal that it was able to rent a conference hall in the bastion of capitalism: New York City.

It is only one out of many signs of a robust democracy. But China is not a democracy and this is your deception. A true democracy is when there are LEGAL opposition parties, not that there are protests. In the US, the Communist Party is a LEGAL entity. So legal that it was able to rent a conference hall in the bastion of capitalism: New York City.

So does the Nationalist Party of China. It even has an office in Beijing.

I have to say though, the UK is far more free than the US; at least people have the freedom to protest and show it. Advanced democracies like China and the UK should dissociate themselves from African dictatorships like Malawi, Zambia and the US.

What happens to the protestors in China?
You can believe the Chinese propaganda here that the Chinese government changed its policies and everyone held hands and sang 'Kumbaya'. But if you believe that, then you should beg the question of if such changes are typical, then why are there so many to the range of tens of thousands...

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

So does the Nationalist Party of China. It even has an office in Beijing.

I have to say though, the UK is far more free than the US; at least people have the freedom to protest and show it. Advanced democracies like China and the UK should dissociate themselves from African dictatorships like Malawi, Zambia and the US.
Right...Then what happened in Tiananmen Square was just a routine traffic accident between pedestrians and some expensive SUVs.

they won and the government changed its policies. what happened to protesters in UK? Police brutally smashed them with water cannon.
Is this meant to be sarcastic or something? I can't tell.
I've heard nothing about these 80,000 protests, which is not a good thing. I take it they were suppressed?
As for the UK, what the hell are you on about?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom