What's new

Democracy is a failed experiment

Is this meant to be sarcastic or something? I can't tell.
I've heard nothing about these 80,000 protests, which is not a good thing. I take it they were suppressed?
As for the UK, what the hell are you on about?
Of course they were suppressed. And do not be deceived by the argument that these protests were over economic issues instead of political. Economics and politics are inextricably linked. You give someone economic freedoms, eventually he will demand political freedoms to live his economic life as he sees fit.

Of course they were suppressed. And do not be deceived by the argument that these protests were over economic issues instead of political. Economics and politics are inextricably linked. You give someone economic freedoms, eventually he will demand political freedoms to live his economic life as he sees fit.
Don't worry I am not deceived. Makes me glad I was born in the UK.

Americans, freedom is not free!

It is time for you to take to the streets to make your views known to the Wall Street military dictatorships that Americans will never bow their heads to their fascist schemes. Why are you voting when every time you vote, dissatisfaction reaches 70%? Shoot every last one of those traitors and kick them back to where they came from. Why are you being ruled by a Muslim black, when America is a white nation for white Europeans? Go onto the streets, shoot at US army APCs, bomb the treasonous IRS!

This is what you call a product of the Chinese "Educational" System.

facepalm

Don't worry I am not deceived. Makes me glad I was born in the UK.
The lack of violent protests in the US has been absurdly 'reasoned' that the US is a dictatorship of the worst kind. That argument is intellectually dishonest in the worst way.

The US and China are polar opposites. In the US, we have rights and freedoms that the Chinese can only dream about. So whatever rights and freedoms the Chinese have whenever they were granted, they would cling to what was gained just as hard as we would cling to our rights and freedoms that was granted in the US Constitution. The difference here is that the Chinese citizenry is used to experiencing violence at the hands of the state whenever they made even a peep about the scant rights and freedoms they have while we in the US do not expect such violence from the government. We do not need to protest in a violent manner. The Chinese citizenry do.

This is what you call a product of the Chinese "Educational" System.

facepalm
The man never hesitate to inject race into any discussion when such an opportunity is available. Then he pitifully whines about how more sensible Chinese did not made him a member of the admin staff in a new Internet Chinese playground.

The lack of violent protests in the US has been absurdly 'reasoned' that the US is a dictatorship of the worst kind. That argument is intellectually dishonest in the worst way.

The US and China are polar opposites. In the US, we have rights and freedoms that the Chinese can only dream about. So whatever rights and freedoms the Chinese have whenever they were granted, they would cling to what was gained just as hard as we would cling to our rights and freedoms that was granted in the US Constitution. The difference here is that the Chinese citizenry is used to experiencing violence at the hands of the state whenever they made even a peep about the scant rights and freedoms they have while we in the US do not expect such violence from the government. We do not need to protest in a violent manner. The Chinese citizenry do.
:agree: Is it too absurd to think that the lack of protests may be because US citizens are quite happy?

:agree: Is it too absurd to think that the lack of protests may be because US citizens are quite happy?
Not at all. Am not being facetious. Remember I said earlier in this discussion where there is a difference between 'governance' and 'government'...

Governance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
...but governance is the physical exercise of management power and policy, while government is the instrument...
Americans as a whole is satisfied with the government, as in institution structures and mechanisms that acts upon the laws, such as the division of the branches. But Americans are currently dissatisfied with the governance of those laws when politicians are corrupt, inept, or simply do not care. The institutions allows for a method of replacing people: Voting. And the institutions are successful in expelling them when they lose. Dictatorships usually resist against the people's will. So yes, Americans are unhappy at some things but are generally satisfied overall.

I've heard nothing about these 80,000 protests, which is not a good thing. I take it they were suppressed?

I won't bother speaking with heavily indoctrinated Americans but you should know better. Like I said, I've already shown proof that the government changes its policies in response to protests. If the protests were suppressed the burden of proof is on you.

He was talking about the Dalian protests recently.

Here is an article from Foreign Policy magazine. (Which incidentally also echoes the 90,000 number for annual protests in China).

The New Epicenter of China's Discontent - Foreign Policy

The protestors in Dalian eventually won, and the officials promised to move the chemical factory somewhere else.

I won't bother speaking with heavily indoctrinated Americans but you should know better. Like I said, I've already shown proof that the government changes its policies in response to protests. If the protests were suppressed the burden of proof is on you.
Speaking of being heavily indoctrinated...

China's biggest relocation project yet - GlobalPost - Salon.com
That 3 million is twice the number of people resettled to make way for the world’s largest dam, at the Three Gorges of the Yangtze River.

As the model villagers of Qiyan get new, bright farmhouses, the residents of Pingchuan will be packed into six-floor walk-ups. In both villages, farmers are saddled with bank loans of at least $8,000 per family. This in a place where a strong worker can cobble together about $450 a month income from factory and farm labor.
If these millions were to protest, would the government oblige? More like sending in tanks to run them over.

And here is an article from the British media in case you prefer that:

The march of China's new middle class - Telegraph
Interesting...

The march of China's new middle class - Telegraph
It was a rare humiliation; a rare demonstration of people power; but also a sign of things to come for China’s rulers as they confront a new breed of middle-class protestor that knows their 'rights’ and dares to challenge the corruption inherent in China’s one-party state.
Why is it 'rare'? Is it because violent suppression is the norm?

Why is it 'rare'? Is it because violent suppression is the norm?

Yes bro, the last time I was in Shenzhen, I yelled out "**** the CCP!" and they descended on me with batons and walloped me on the forehead.

But then I went to see a movie and I felt awesome. :D

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom