What's new

Democracy is a failed experiment

I have to say it is a flawed concept but what is better?

China's model better, the East Asian model better than democracy in developing countries.

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

I have presented some of those mechanisms in their most basic forms several times already. Your inability to follow a discussion is the reason why I put you on 'dismissed' a long time ago.

I want to know what it is, we can now start?

The US is not much different from Iran when you think about it.

The US is trying to spread its revolution (Democracy) The same way Iran is trying to spread its revolution.

I think that there must be more a better way to govern Popularity should not be the only meusure. What about merit. Do we want someone just cos he or she is popular? As i mentioned earlier in certain parts of the world if you put up a donkey for election a maijority may vote for the donkey. So we let the donkey rule us?. Mind you looking at some of the leaders of the world i think that a lot of donkeys have been elected.
Do you even know the proper context of 'popular' here? Looks like not. But even if a person has qualifications and merits for an office, that does not mean he must not labor to EARN anyone's vote the honest way: Moral and intellectual persuasions. In your criticisms of 'democracy' in general and obliquely at US in particular, you are treading into the absurd.

Buddy...The only 'democratic' items that we prefer other nations install as a starting step towards being a functional democracy are: Three independent branches of government, an independent press, and the allowance of opposition parties. Anything less and we have a dictatorship. You cannot argue against those expectations and demands.

Yea but gambit mate how do we get there. I mentioned earlier that even if we accept your assertion that the end product is as you state if you look at uk which is one of the oldest democracies they had their wars between the royalists and the roundheads and for a period they had cromwell who was to all practical purposes a dictator. We are talking about third world countries underdeveloped and who have only realtivly recently got independence. I accept you need checks and balances I accept absolute power corrupts but how do we get there. Just remember it was only some 80-90 years ago that women got the right to vote in uk. You know how america treated blacks 60 years ago so dont start telling us or lecturing to us about methods of governance. If you have ideas they are welcome but dont tell us that your method is right or perfect

everyone has their preferences
if americans choose democracy good for here and happy for here :)
same for indians everyone be happy with what they whant​

but i whant khilafat system

I probably can guess what you mean, I just say, the U.S. President, gamit, please consider the real, historical legacy and the reality of the environment.

The US is not much different from Iran when you think about it.

The US is trying to spread its revolution (Democracy) The same way Iran is trying to spread its revolution.
Yeah...And I am the 'same' as Osama bin Laden in that we are both carbon based symmetrical bipedal organisms...:lol:

China's model better, the East Asian model better than democracy in developing countries.

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

I want to know what it is, we can now start?

No thanks I rather live in a flawed democratic society then a communist state where Im told how many children to have or pets to keep

Do you even know the proper context of 'popular' here? Looks like not. But even if a person has qualifications and merits for an office, that does not mean he must not labor to EARN anyone's vote the honest way: Moral and intellectual persuasions. In your criticisms of 'democracy' in general and obliquely at US in particular, you are treading into the absurd.

In america dont your presidents first have to see if they can get a large amount of money together before they can challenge for office?

gamit, do not bullshit, we can now start? A Chinese saying, the three lines must be my teacher, if you have the real thing, I do not mind to respect you as a teacher.

No thanks I rather live in a flawed democratic society then a communist state where Im told how many children to have or pets to keep

Well you have your wish. But I would want to learn how to improve and have an open mind .

So far, this is a good discussion, I hope to continue, so you can stop some of the nonsense.

Yeah...And I am the 'same' as Osama bin Laden in that we are both carbon based symmetrical bipedal organisms...:lol:

Whats the difference between the evil old men sending suicide bombers in afghanistan against the americans and the evil men sitting in the pentagon sending out blacks and hispanics to their death and killing people

Yea but gambit mate how do we get there. I mentioned earlier that even if we accept your assertion that the end product is as you state if you look at uk which is one of the oldest democracies they had their wars between the royalists and the roundheads and for a period they had cromwell who was to all practical purposes a dictator. We are talking about third world countries underdeveloped and who have only realtivly recently got independence. I accept you need checks and balances I accept absolute power corrupts but how do we get there. Just remember it was only some 80-90 years ago that women got the right to vote in uk. You know how america treated blacks 60 years ago so dont start telling us or lecturing to us about methods of governance. If you have ideas they are welcome but dont tell us that your method is right or perfect
First...England was not a 'democracy' during the eras you spoke of.

Second...Democracy is both a goal and a process. Am not going to sugarcoat any starts on being a democracy. For the US, it took a bloody war and in the process it took an even bloodier war for US to being a functional democracy that we are today. For today's aspiring nations wanting to become functional democracies, they have the past experiences of US and other Western countries to draw upon in how to start that process. They have the UN with all of its moral influences and international resources this organization could call upon to assist. The first crucial step is always the allowance of opposition political parties. Without this allowance, democracy cannot grow. The second step is the equally importance of an independent press and in this, there are no shortages of credible third parties like Reporters Without Borders to guide the growth of such an independent press. From these on, it gets even more difficult as there is now fertile ground for debates and violence.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Whats the difference between the evil old men sending suicide bombers in afghanistan against the americans and the evil men sitting in the pentagon sending out blacks and hispanics to their death and killing people
Not worth my blood sugar responding.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

In america dont your presidents first have to see if they can get a large amount of money together before they can challenge for office?
Hmmm...Money for travel to enable those moral/intellectual persuasions to earn votes versus guns to coerce votes...So hard to decide which method...

First...England was not a 'democracy' during the eras you spoke of.

Second...Democracy is both a goal and a process. Am not going to sugarcoat any starts on being a democracy. For the US, it took a bloody war and in the process it took an even bloodier war for US to being a functional democracy that we are today. For today's aspiring nations wanting to become functional democracies, they have the past experiences of US and other Western countries to draw upon in how to start that process. They have the UN with all of its moral influences and international resources this organization could call upon to assist. The first crucial step is always the allowance of opposition political parties. Without this allowance, democracy cannot grow. The second step is the equally importance of an independent press and in this, there are no shortages of credible third parties like Reporters Without Borders to guide the growth of such an independent press. From these on, it gets even more difficult as there is now fertile ground for debates and violence.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Not worth my blood sugar responding.

If this is not cheating, can only say you are an idealist, in fact, I respect the idealists, but usually some of them far away and the truth.

Back
Top Bottom