What's new

Dell Says India May Become New Technology Manufacturing Hub

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too live in USA and am a Engg Guy who is going to Uni. and has worked in US companies

I graduated from university and work in computer based industry. Lets not drag this debate no more nevertheless as I said, it will not hurt india in anyway. :coffee:

It wud be better if u say, HP is MORE Popular than DELL :what:

Dell is very popular here... it is only that HP is sold more than Dell.

All right. Same thing with tricky twist....I like that :lol:

what do u like in Indian electronics which can't be found in Chinese elec. that too in lower price. I think even Indian market is flooded with Chinese electronics. Also, what specific electronics u talking abt India makes? Xbox 360 or PS3? :cheesy::cheesy::rofl::rofl:
India hasn't tapped the manufacturing sector which is the most lucrative one!
Hi
i know India doesn't make gaming consoles. but still electronics in India is comparatively cheap as in Pakistan, and i heard some where that India has some pretty cheap computers and laptops, laptops here are damn expensive

I graduated from university and work in computer industry. Lets not drag this debate no more nevertheless as I said, it will not hurt india in anyway. :coffee:

Yes Sir, alright! though I am not of fighting types but I stand for what 'I feel' is right! if it pains apply balm :partay::partay::D:D

Dell is not that popular in USA but it will not hurt india. I used to be fan of toshiba but got screwed last time. :angry:

I like the new HP. It's deliver more for the money and it's American made. :P

Dell is no. 2 in India but its majority of revenure comes from Business 2 Business sale. And now Dell is trying hard to make it self popular wit common consumer.

HP is not made in US.

And i don't know why even educated people mistaken made in china with made by Chinese.

If anybody who used to use computers about 15-20 years back can tell u that the quality has drastically gone down due to shifting to China as manufacturing base.

Hi
i know India doesn't make gaming consoles. but still electronics in India is comparatively cheap as in Pakistan, and i heard some where that India has some pretty cheap computers and laptops, laptops here are damn expensive

When I check prices of Xbox 360 and PS3 , smartphone prices, laptop prices on on ebay.co.in I feel so surprised they are damn expensive. Ask someone who is coming back from US to bring electronic stuff for u, its relatively cheap here in US when compared to India!

For example entry level Xbox 360 arcade here using coupons can be bought for $150 whereas in India it costs like 20000 which is equivalent to $400 :woot::woot:

^ yes you are right, except video cards other parts are priced cheaper than EU, Aus. You guys pay allmost double, I'm registered @ many Pak tech forums.

When I check prices of Xbox 360 and PS3 , smartphone prices, laptop prices on on ebay.co.in I feel so surprised they are damn expensive. Ask someone who is coming back from US to bring electronic stuff for u, its relatively cheap here in US when compared to India!

yes, u are right.

Microsoft,oracle,accenture,ibm,google,yahoo have all set shop in India already.

Not shop, but development center from above all. The products u people use all over the world are developed or partly developed in India.

For example.

Microsoft has built its largest development centre outside the U.S. in India. And MS is here for more than 10 years employing tens of thousands of people.

Accenture has its largest base in the world with 50,000 employees in India.

Not shop, but development center from above all. The products u people use all over the world are developed or partly developed in India.

For example.

Microsoft has built its largest development centre outside the U.S. in India. And MS is here for more than 10 years employing tens of thousands of people.

Yeah Adobe India is prime example, sometimes I wonder do they hire anyone in US and make any products in US same is the case with Oracle hardly they hire new fresh graduates here and with sale of SUN microsystems to Oracle I hope SUN also don't stop hiring less fresh graduates which wasn't the case before recession or 2008:cry::cry:

Also, IBM is also eyeing to make India as it's centre, last yr it was in news that it has told it's NY state employees either to shift to India or look for alternatives. :woot::woot:

For example.

by shop i meant development centres.Boeing too has opened up an R&D centre at bangalore.
just for info:Certain softwares for the A380 were developed by infosys.

For example entry level Xbox 360 arcade here using coupons can be bought for $150 whereas in India it costs like 20000 which is equivalent to $400 :woot::woot:
Hi
In Pakistan PSP is worth almost 21 thousand and i got mine with games from Malaysia for 17, and i had heard that in india it costs around 10 gran

Yeah Adobe India is prime example, sometimes I wonder do they hire anyone in US and make any products in US same is the case with Oracle hardly they hire new fresh graduates here and with sale of SUN microsystems to Oracle I hope SUN also don't stop hiring less fresh graduates which wasn't the case before recession or 2008:cry::cry:

They are all hiring in India in thousands of numbers. :cheers:

For example:

Cisco India hiring plans intact, to hire around 4,000 people | FreshersWorld

Hi
In Pakistan PSP is worth almost 21 thousand and i got mine with games from Malaysia for 17, and i had heard that in india it costs around 10 gran

PS3 SLIM is now widely available in India at MRP Rs 19,990.

Link of my claim:

PS3 Slim Pictures/Unboxing, PS3 SLIM Price In India, PlayStation 3 Slim India Release Date, New PS3 Slim

1. i think the Indian rupee and Pakistani rupee rate is

Indian RS. 1 = pak Rs. 1.80, how u have calculated the price in rupees?

2. There is huge market in India hence the price should be less than pak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom