What's new

Delhi gang-rape survivor dies in Singapore!

indeed a cheap act

so any action so far? any arrests ?

I am amazed by media's restraint

we dont even know her name, or who she was.....

may all victims -- reported and unreported get their justice. Everywhere. In all the world.

I am amazed by media's restraint

we dont even know her name, or who she was.....

may all victims -- reported and unreported get their justice. Everywhere. In all the world.

Its no restraint from media,There is a law in place against revealing identity of victims in such cases.If media by any means reveal identity,they will face serious consequences.

Cheap ? That's an understatement.

All 6 arrested , charged for gang rape and murder. Police is going to ask for Capital punishment due to the unusual brutality of this case. Chargesheet is ready and will be filed most-probably of 3rd Jan.

One of them is a juvenile, just short of his 18th birthday. He can't be charged under the IPC. Will get off much lighter than the others even though he was probably the most brutal of the rapists.

RIP to the girl i say the judiciary should give those rapist one of the strong sentences like beating them with iron rods till death in front of the nation just to show and give an example to rapist that if they ever try to do this inhenious crime they will face this kind of repercussion

One of them is a juvenile, just short of his 18th birthday. He can't be charged under the IPC. Will get off much lighter than the others even though he was probably the most brutal of the rapists.

Ya , i am aware of that. Missed it out. I hope they reveal his face and identity , so that after he gets free from the correctional facility, the people can take care of him.

I am also wondering about the one who was just driving the bus, whether the charges will stick on him or not.

wtf man ...he has started off at such a young age...dont know what will he be upto for rest of his life

told you publicizing the addresses of accused ones will only further spoil the situation

Justice Verma Committee invites suggestions from public

New Delhi, Dec. 24 (ANI): The three-member committee headed by former Chief Justice of India J.S. Verma, constituted to give recommendations on amending laws to provide speedier justice and enhanced punishment in sexual assault cases, has sought suggestions from the general public by January 5.
The committee has issued a notice seeking suggestions from the public in general, particularly eminent jurists, legal professionals, NGOs, women's groups and civil society members in a bid to provide quicker justice and stringent punishment for crimes against women.
The suggestions can be sent by e-mail to justice.verma@nic.in or through fax at 011-23092675.
The committee, which was constituted after public protests erupted over the Delhi gang rape case, will look into possible amendments to the criminal law for faster trial and proper punishment for criminals accused of committing sexual assault of extreme nature against women.
The other members of the committee, constituted by the government, are Justice (retd) Leila Seth, former Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court, and Gopal Subramanian, former Solicitor General of India.
The panel has been given 30 days to give its report to the government.
Under the existing law, the maximum punishment for rape is a life term but the nation-wide outrage over the gang rape of the 23-year-old physiotherapy student in a moving bus last Sunday night has sparked a demand for death penalty for rape convicts.
The suggestions should be sent by January 05, 2013 so as to enable the committee to
complete its task and give its report with necessary recommendations within the available
time. (ANI)

http://in.news.yahoo.com/justice-ver...144127092.html

Ya , i am aware of that. Missed it out. I hope they reveal his face and identity , so that after he gets free from the correctional facility, the people can take care of him.

I am also wondering about the one who was just driving the bus, whether the charges will stick on him or not.

Sorry, vigilante justice will not help India or Indians.

Back
Top Bottom