What's new

Delhi Court to JNU: No Beef or Pork festivals

Only cow's beef is not allowed.

Ok ,so Buffalo meat is allowed,and Chicken,Mutton and all sorts of sea food wont create anger and Public disturbance?
Then in my opinion there is no harm in putting a complete ban on Cow meat as long as the law is well defined.

Yes Sir...I think Innocence of Muslims should be shown on prime time television.

Not quite the same, my friend. One would have to be an insecure, emasculated islamophobic to consider "innocence of muslims" as Cinema. Whereas, both beef and pork, can be legitimate culinary delights, which are widely accepted and consumed. And it's not new to India either.

Not quite the same, my friend. One would have to be an insecure, emasculated islamophobic to consider "innocence of muslims" as Cinema. Whereas, both beef and pork, can be legitimate culinary delights, which are widely accepted and consumed. And it's not new to India either.

OK then..Satanic Verses as a course study in school or college. After wall its a Booker Prize winning book.

Plz allow him to open a beef/pork shop in kasargod.........................:enjoy:

Its better for him to lay in front of Rajadhani.

Ok ,so Buffalo meat is allowed,and Chicken,Mutton and all sorts of sea food wont create anger and Public disturbance?
Then in my opinion there is no harm in putting a complete ban on Cow meat as long as the law is well defined.

In Hindi cow's beef is called gomaans( "Go" means cow and "maans" means meat), so law fully defines banning cow's beef. Killing buffalo is acceptable in Hinduism.

OK then..Satanic Verses as a course study in school or college. After wall its a Booker Prize winning book.

Its better for him to lay in front of Rajadhani.

Well, for one, as far as I can remember, the Satanic Verses didn't win the Booker Prize.

Secondly, you are attempting to compare something that does little else than to strike at the very heart of a belief system - to what has been a mere meal for a large part of the planet's population for a large part of human existence.

Thirdly, i'm not sure what you and ajtr, meant by laying in front of a "secular" rajdhani, but surely I needn't have to do something that extreme to enjoy some good food with friends and family.

Firstly, I am a roman catholic. BUT, before you begin to judge my "inability to comprehend" religious concerns of Hindus, you should know that I was born to a Hindu father.

Secondly, before you begin to preach to me about Christianity, do spare a couple of minutes in reading up what the "Tu Quoque" fallacy is. Here's a link - Tu quoque - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You moved out of your fathers religion says it all.

Well, for one, as far as I can remember, the Satanic Verses didn't win the Booker Prize.

Sorry my bad...but anyways its a very famous book by very famous author.

Secondly, you are attempting to compare something that does little else than to strike at the very heart of a belief system - to what has been a mere meal for a large part of the planet's population for a large part of human existence.

For a large part of the Hindu society slaughtering cow is striking at their religious beliefs and its has been so for thousands of years and beef/pork eating minorities in India have survived, prospered and multiplied (except for Parsis) inspite of this. So if something is not broke..don't try to fix it.

Thirdly, i'm not sure what you and ajtr, meant by laying in front of a "secular" rajdhani, but surely I needn't have to do something that extreme to enjoy some good food with friends and family.

Ofcourse not, but your pork/beef good for secularism argument will have no takers in Kasargod or such other places.

stupidity.

Why to stop pork and beef festival. Let these take place whoever wants to eat pork will go for it and who ever wants to eat beef will go for it those who dont want to will move on.

Okay, lets put in a perspective that you would understand.
Hundred of thousands of Muslims are protesting right now, for removal of youtube video blaspheming prophet.

Now applying your above logic, "those who wan't watch the video can watch it, those who don't can move on!!" right??

So tell me again if its 'stupidity' that people are protesting for removal of a video, because it hurts Muslim sentiments, because having a beef festival in center of city might hurt Hindu sentiments.

Beef could have been banned, But problem is most of the dalits and lower casts hindus eat. Apart from that many in kerala and tamilnadu eat. Is it sure if really majority wants to ban beef?

I personally dont feel anything bad if beef is banned, But if the event is in the state where been is not banned then it can be allowed. Otherwise no.

One more problem with beef ban was, buffalo meet is legal. But many times slaughters were beaten black and blue wrongly thining it was cow.

Sorry my bad...but anyways its a very famous book by very famous author.

For a large part of the Hindu society slaughtering cow is striking at their religious beliefs and its has been so for thousands of years and beef/pork eating minorities in India have survived, prospered and multiplied (except for Parsis) inspite of this. So if something is not broke..don't try to fix it.

Well that is exactly my point. the subcontinent has played host to various cultures and all have flourished - with relative peace. Why try to create ripples now with attempts to establish a code of conduct on consumption of meats of different kind?

If certain religious teachings prohibit you from engaging in a certain act - one would expect YOU to exercise restraint. Why compel, (and i say this with utmost respect) in this case force, others to comply with your set of beliefs?

Ofcourse not, but your pork/beef good for secularism argument will have no takers in Kasargod.

I'm not selling any brand of secularism. I'm only arguing for the most basic freedom of deciding what one wants to eat, without conditional access and prescribed codes of conduct for how to go about it.

Besides, I haven't been to kasargod, nor have i heard of it - i would imagine it is a small town, at best. So even if i was selling "french" secularism - i wouldn't expect much traction from the residents of Kasargod, but i would expect greater maturity from netizens from tier 1 and tier 2 cities, participating here on PDF.

Back
Top Bottom