35b4br.jpg

35sjwj.jpg

36kir3.jpg

And my favourite one:
35tn94.jpg

Sorry couldnt resist :D

last one in brilliant :rofl:

'Madarasan' slams 'Delhi Boy' in open letter​

The South Indian stereotype is not isolated to New Delhi alone. We've made movies about it, written books about it and even made songs about it. But a blogger, presumably a South Indian female living in Delhi, has launched a scathing attack on the 'Delhi Boy' in an open letter that has gone viral
on the web.

Posted on September 10, the blog post has been viral on the web for a few days now and has been trending on micro-blogging site Twitter for over two days. While many responses to the blog have been favourable, one particularly 'brave' Delhi boy has taken to responding with his own blog post to the blog as well.

Signing off as Madrasan, the blogger opens with

"Dear Delhi boy,

Namaskaram from the South of India, or as you may like to believe, the countries south of the Vindhyas. I came to your city 2 years ago with a brand new job and a bucketload of expectations. My friends and family here thought I was completely insane to choose Delhi over more female conducive cities like Bangalore or even Bombay. I am very sad to report that your reputation of being an ignorant, chauvinistic oaf with the intelligence levels of an autistic 3 year old on crack precedes you and it hurts me even more to admit to this rather accurate description."

"Your reputation has travelled far and wide, to countries outside South India as well. And believe me man, it is not a pretty situation. I understand that your stone faded, ripped jeans, your V-neck cleavage showing t-shirts that reveal to the world that you have infact inherited your mother’s voluptuous shaved Punjabi bosom, are what you think maketh a man, but it does not. It only maketh for a man who gets a pity license to share his girlfriend’s bra. I write to you as a woman who has been brought up in a society free of any discrimination towards women so thanks to you, my living in Delhi is as safe as Hugh Hefner’s playmate of the year living in Jeddah."

Caustic comments abound in the blog...

"You meet me at a friend’s birthday, talk to me about nightclubs and your new SUV and when I look like I’m in desperate need of a barf bag, you think I have an attitude problem... But let me remind you that I am from SOUTH INDIA and not SOUTH DELHI, so no ,I am not scrawny, I am not fair, I don’t have straight hair and my topics of conversation go beyond the Fendi I saw in last month’s Vogue."

"While your mother pretends to be very progressive but still cows down to the whims of her husband every single time, mine on the other hand was born into a matriarchal home where every single possession is in the rightful name of the girl child. "

"And your English. Good Lord, what in the world is up with that? I don’t want you to ‘explain me’ anything. It’s like you need to go to primary school all over again. And call them your parents, not your ‘peerents’ or what your cooler, more happening brethren call them—‘mere mom-dad’. Like what are they? Conjoined twins?"

"You were brought up on Gurdas Mann and the heroic deeds of Devinder Singh Bhullar and the ever so fair concepts such as elections in Phugwada while we mere ‘black-colour waale’ mortals had to make do with Bharatnatyam classes, M.S Subhalakshmi and chess. Shame no?"

"I understand that I come from the land of ugly. I mean obviously Hema Malini, Sri Devi and Aishwarya Rai with their natural banal looks don’t even hold a candle to Priyanka Chopra after her two nose jobs and one lip reconstruction surgery. Not a chance in hell."

"So please tell your family, not to drop racist bombs like “Arey woh sab toh ‘Sawth’ ke hi hote hai na?” And YOU—don’t walk up to mother in an attempt to make flattering conversation and say **** like “Aunty you don’t look like a South Indian You are so fair”"

After such a lashing, she signs off with...

"Yours
Madrasan

(Only I can call myself that. If you EVER call me by this name, I will shove so many coconuts down your system that your little saver pack versions will begin to sprout coir.)"

Classic case of fighting stereotype with stereotype, is all.

These avid bloggers seem to be having fun tasting each other's medicine.
'Madarasan' slams 'Delhi Boy' in open letter - Hindustan Times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom