What's new

Delhi bookie spotted in Indian cricket dressing room at Kotla

Kapil Dev is clean, BCCI banned Prabhakar, Mongia, Azhar, Jadeja. Read BANNED not let go free. What more you want? Atleast we came out clean from that scandal in 90s. Whereas in Pakistan only Salim Malik was made scapegoat, no action was taken on others.

Amount doesnt matter, dont post hearsay in this thread. Cheating is cheating even if its involves 1$, and your poor background should never be excuse for match fixing. Saying xyz cheated when he was already rich is equivalent to saying its okay if players from poor families cheat.

You provided the same excuse saying Tendulcar refused a 20 million contract ... so every one is rich and so no chance of match fixing... is not it???

By the way I forgot to ask one question.... the person who was accused of match fixing and seat with gautam gambhir during an IPL match... is still allowed to remain as high official of Delhi Cricket Association??? n was there any inquary on gautam gambhir??

Raina also has relations with bookies and the ICC also needs to look into that..........

Guys, Don't you know only Pakistan and Bangladesh are playing for real, all other matches are fixed.
Bangladesh all out for 58 in a important match, Kamran Akmal dropping catches and suddenly Pak bowlers bowl like school kids, BD's 9 th down batsmen suddenly play like heros and won the match... These are just coincidences, Right?

It's really astonishing to see what some of the people think. A tie may not be fixed even if you involve all the players from both team, let alone only Indian players. In addition, media is watching closely and it will be all over the news if they find something abnormal. So, take off your hate glasses and enjoy the games.

I personally feel if this guy, Pradeep Agarwal, is a known bookie then he should be stripped off his position from DDCA.

Delhi bookie spotted in Indian cricket dressing room at Kotla

New Delhi, Mar 10 : While the whole nation was engrossed and glued to their television sets watching the India and Netherlands match at Ferozeshah Kotla, a known Delhi bookie was spotted in the Indian dressing room here, a local news channel reports.

According to 'NewsX', the man in question is Pradeep Agarwal, a well known bookie, as well as someone who runs a sex racket.

Back in 2008, during the Delhi Daredevils and Rajasthan Royals match, Agarwal was spotted chatting with Delhi batsman Gautam Gambhir.

Spotting him, the channel raised a stink and got Agarwal evicted from the stadium. At that time, Agarwal was also a junior member of the Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA).

But now, he appears to have made a comeback as the Media Coordinator of the DDCA for the ICC World Cup 2011 and that gave him access to the Indian dressing room.

While breaking the story, the channel spoke to senior DDCA member Sameer Bahadur, who confessed that Agarwal is a known bookie and should not be allowed in the DDCA: ''I know he is a bookie and a fixer, but there are many people in the DDCA with tainted pasts.

People like him affects the name and reputation of the DDCA, but certain sections of the DDCA are helping him flourish.'' Member of the DDCA Cricket Improvement Committee and former India cricketer Kirti Azad commented, ''I know the people who are helping Agarwal. I promise action against Agarwal and others like him.''

Delhi bookie spotted in Indian cricket dressing room at Kotla - World News, 165523

The match was indeed quite fishy. I think hell would freeze over before Sachin fixes a match, but he could be the only clean guy playing that match.

this is the world cup where you had a perdictions of a draw !! It was cricket by chance in our times !!

India should not qualify for QF, that will serve a good lesson to Dhoni and all his wrong decisions.

Already posted -

http://www.defence.pk/forums/cricket/97940-bookie-pradeep-agarwal-spotted-indian-dressing-room-during-worldcup-11-a.html

Pradeep Aggarwal is senior DDCA official and head of their tours committee and has been working with DDCA for the last 20-25 years. DDCA stands for Delhi District Cricket Association, and match was played in Delhi. How can you deny so high ranked official who is working for last 25yrs?

The news channel which first called Pradeep Agarwal a bookie has already been slapped with a defamation notice.

India should not qualify for QF, that will serve a good lesson to Dhoni and all his wrong decisions.

Tough luck. We already qualified after the win over Netherlands.

Google India qualified for quarter finals in World cup and see the NDTV link.

Its blocked in my office. :frown:

Eng beats WI they are 7 points
WI beats India they are 8 points
BAN beat SA and NED, they are 8 points
SA beats Ireland, they are 8 points

so for the 4th team, NRR will decide between England and India.

If Bangladesh can beat England, they can beat SA too.
This is cricket, anythng can happen.

So still fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom