What's new

Delhi and Lahore-Twin Cities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dance, have actually been to Delhi, it is a hellhole - very dirty and smoggy city - Lahore in comparison is clean, and the people in Lahore it is very cosmopolitan, with people of every color and race. Like they say in Punjabi "jis na Lahore ne vakya, wo Jamea ne"

I've heard that from a lot of people, so I'm not surprised

bo8.jpg

bo9.jpg

DSC_4922.jpg

Entrance.jpg

MasterPlannedCommunityaroundTrafalgarSquareSafariVil.jpg

I've heard that from a lot of people, so I'm not surprised
Yeah,we know how La whore is ;)

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

See the lahore airport...i mean come on! worst of Indian airports are better than that!

That doesn't seem to be exactly true....Delhi and Lahore were historically called twins, though that does not have a bearing on the present situation, but I did mention some similarities.

Why has this turned into a competition. Obviously, people from Delhi and Lahore will prefer their own cities...how do you judge one is better? Each city is extremely unique to its people, a reflection of sorts, of their personalities...it magnifies what the people represent. In short, Lahore belongs to Lahoris and Delhi belongs to Delhites and that is difference enough.

Let's lose our bias and lets compare objectively, shall we?

Population
Delhi - 16.7 million
Lahore - ~ 8 - 10 million

Population density
Delhi - 11,297 people per square kilometer.
Lahore - ~ 4000

Global City
Delhi - Beta +
Lahore - Not qualified yet to be even Gamma

GDP - PPP
Delhi - $167 billion
Lahore- $40 billion

Literacy Rate
Delhi - 86.3%
Lahore - 74%

History
Delhi - Records from as far back as 1000 BC or 3000 years back
Lahore - records from as far back as 2000 years

I have not included "Greenery" and "Cleanliness" as those things are subjective and open to bias.

Take any factor you want, Delhi will still come out on top as a global city against Lahore. There simply is no comparison.

Iam a delhiite , i know better than you..there is no power cut in central, south and east Delhi..

Power cuts once or twice in a week in North Delhi

power cuts 2 to 3 times in week in West Delhi
I m from Model Town..and rare powercuts in a week are for 1-2 minutes..
The situation has improved vastly,ask any Delhite!

First of all TOI(let)?news?
Second if you read there was a fault in the line..so that happens everywhere!

Do you expect Dawn or The News posting load shedding news of Delhi...are you out of your mind.

2nd thing, Pakistan has capacity of 18,000 MV and demand of 14000 to 15000. Therefore the loadshedding is due to the infrastructure, so is the case with delhi.

NEW DELHI: Large parts of the city reeled under power cuts of up 15 hours on a day when electricity demand touched an all time high of 4,909 MW on Thursday , putting a huge question mark on the power infrastructure's capacity to handle the rising summer load.

Let's lose our bias and lets compare objectively, shall we?

Population
Delhi - 16.7 million
Lahore - ~ 8 - 10 million

Population density
Delhi - 11,297 people per square kilometer.
Lahore - ~ 4000

Global City
Delhi - Beta +
Lahore - Not qualified yet to be even Gamma

GDP - PPP
Delhi - $167 billion
Lahore- $40 billion

Literacy Rate
Delhi - 86.3%
Lahore - 74%

History
Delhi - Records from as far back as 1000 BC or 3000 years back
Lahore - records from as far back as 2000 years

I have not included "Greenery" and "Cleanliness" as those things are subjective and open to bias.

Take any factor you want, Delhi will still come out on top as a global city against Lahore. There simply is no comparison.
You sealed it! ;)

OH for heaven's sake, that was supposed to be from history! You know, the kind of thing you'd read in a Premchand story, assuming you've read Premchand.
So that was in the 30's....not now. How they compare now was my question!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom