What's new

Defense budget to grow 12.7% to $91.5 billion

Guys, please take note of China's next leader------- Xi Jin Pin.

He is much tougher than Hu Jin Tao, he also vow to expand the military. I would say that under Xin Jin Pin's adminstriation. The defence budget could go as high as 5 % of China's GDP.

That is perfectly OK, because China has too much money now and need to spend them instead of letting them get chew away by inflation.

Here is some info regarding Xi Jin Pin, you guys can see his personalities and style!

Xi Jinping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The China govt has enough USD. But China govt dare not spend too much RMB!
It is afraid of inflation!

You will be surprised if you know how many PLA products comes under the category of TESTING

Research & Development remains one of the main priorities of the National Defence Policy of China

Anyway publishing such sensitive details in a public forum not good.

China maintains a separate spending for Research & Development.
Do you actually have a source anywhere that says 100 billion in R&D? Just admit you guessed that one and be done with it.

The China govt has enough USD. But China govt dare not spend too much RMB!
It is afraid of inflation!

You are telling me it is ok to spend hundres of billions of dollars to bail out Europeans, and Americans. But it is not ok to spend hundres of billions of dollars to build weapons to protect the Middle Kindom?? :rolleyes:

Do you actually have a source anywhere that says 100 billion in R&D? Just admit you guessed that one and be done with it.

There is no need to provide sources.

1. J-20
2. JH-7B
3. H-8
4. Chinese aircraft carrier projet
5. J-10B
6. J-11BS
7. Y-20
8. Y-9
9. J-15
10. HQ-9B
11. Beidow GPS
12. 052D class DDG
13. 054B

plus many more!!!

Do you think with just 100 billion dollar budget, China can fund all these high tech projects??

Just think before you post. Thank you.

:undecided: PLA is still in use J-7 aircraft and 59-type tank. PLA soldiers took very little salary.
That is like spending $ 200,000,000,000?

5% GDP defense spending is absurd. even 3.5% is really high.

USA can spend that much because China and Japan are there to pick up its deficit.

There is no need to provide sources.

1. J-20
2. JH-7B
3. H-8
4. Chinese aircraft carrier projet
5. J-10B
6. J-11BS
7. Y-20
8. Y-9
9. J-15
10. HQ-9B
11. Beidow GPS
12. 052D class DDG
13. 054B

plus many more!!!

Do you think with just 100 billion dollar budget, China can fund all these high tech projects??

Just think before you post. Thank you.
So your claims are all baseless, good to know. I can safely ignore them now.

So your claims are all baseless, good to know. I can safely ignore them now.

lol, sure!!

But it is person like you who will NEVER anticipate the J-20.

You probably think J-20 will not first fly until 2025, because all your thoughts are based on so called claims from other "expert" who knows pretty much nothing about PLA's development. :lol:

Then tell me. USA is now in recession with 14 trillion debt. Yet it spends 4.5% of its GDP on defence.

What word would you use to describe it??
When you make a claim, you are responsible for proving it. So far you've claimed:

- China current budget is 200 billion, 3.5% of its GDP
- Xi Jinping will increase it to 5%

Since both are absurd, can you provide anything to back it up? Citing a bunch of weapon systems and how healthy a guy is don't cut it.

lol, sure!!

But it is person like you who will NEVER anticipate the J-20.

You probably think J-20 will not first fly until 2025, because all your thoughts are based on so called claims from other "expert" who knows pretty much nothing about PLA's development.
:lol:
Another baseless claim from you, keep digging yourself deeper.

5% is too high even for a country like china. i guess it should be around 2 to 3 %.

Then please tell me why is India spending 3.5% of its GDP on defence??

You Indians, Americans, Taiwanese, Japanese, all so scared of seeing China spend more money on defence, mean while pump up your own defence budget. :)

When you make a claim, you are responsible for proving it. So far you've claimed:

- China current budget is 200 billion, 3.5% of its GDP
- Xi Jinping will increase it to 5%

Since both are absurd, can you provide anything to back it up? Citing a bunch of weapon systems and how healthy a guy is don't cut it.

I dont care what you think now. Just leave me!!!

Go some where and play with your toys.

Back
Top Bottom