What's new

Dedicated to our Father | M.A Jinnah

images

Jinnah-Pakistan-Quaid-students1.jpg

Quaid-i-Azam-Muhammad-Ali-Jinnah-with-Baldev-Singh-and-jawahralal-Nehru-In-LondonDec-6-1946.jpg

Muhammad+Ali+Jinnah+11.jpg

I've got two incidents from Mr. Jinnah's personal life that I've always admired.

1) The Royal Highness of Britain had decided to confer the knighthood on Mr. Jinnah. When the royal emissary arrived at Mr. Jinnah's house he was greeted to "I have lived as plain Mr. Jinnah and I hope to die as plain Mr. Jinnah".

2) When young Mr. Jinnah booked the most expensive suite in one of the most expensive hotels in London (I'm forgetting the name). He was taken to his suite and as is customary one of the chaps from the administration started giving him the tour. The chap said that Mr. Jinnah would be pleased to know that His Royal highness X (forgetting the name) of country-Y (forgetting the name) regularly stays in this suite. Mr. Jinnah later on while handing the tip to the man casually stated, "Next time His Royal Highness X comes to stay here, tell him that Mr. Jinnah once stayed here".

Mr. Jinnah wasn't just a great leader or very handsome or very honest or a great politician, the most important thing that needs to be realized about the man is his character, his absolutely unwavering, uncompromising, incorruptible, staunch, steadfast and pure character. This is what Mr. Jinnah was really made of and this is what lead to everything that he did, everything that he said and everything that he achieved.

Below is Sir. Christopher Lee talking about Mr. Jinnah and his own role in Jinnah the movie.

Christopher Lee on Founder and Father of Pakistan ( Quaid-e-Azam ) - YouTube

Saruman couldn't help but be impressed by the man.

@Slav Defence

The professor in my history class alway say this
"The legacy of men should not be judged by what he did, but what he left behind"

A great man with great vision, lived a full life (I supposed) and have literal done what he envisioned to achieve, still, no one lived forever, I guess the only solace of his death is that he can die in his own home and his own land

Not to offend, but the day he died is the same day the World Trade Center felt.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Slav Defence

"The legacy of men should not be judged by what he did, but what he left behind"

A great man with great vision, lived a full life (I supposed) and have literal done what he envisioned to achieve, still, no one lived forever, I guess the only solace of his death is that he can die in his own home and his own land

I'm sure if he knew he would have postponed by a day or two.

@Slav Defence

So you think that Pakistan has brought Jinx to US?:woot:
and I thought that Indians......:rofl:
Very cute...:smitten:

Best Regards,
Slav Defence

What type of state did Jinnah have in mind? His address to the Constituent Assembly of Pakistan on 11 August, 1947 offers a perspective:

If you change your past and work together in a spirit that everyone of you, no matter what community he belongs, no matter, what relations he had with you in the past, no matter what is his colour, caste or creed, is first, second and last a citizen of this State with equal rights, privileges and obligations there will be no end to the progress you will make. You should begin to work in that spirit and in course of time all these angularities of the majority and minority communities, the Hindu community and the Muslim community because even as regards Muslims you have Pathans, Punjabis, Shias, Sunnis and so on and among the Hindus you have Brahmins, Vashnavas Khatris, also Bengalese, Madrasis, and so on – will vanish. Indeed if you ask me this has been the biggest hindrance in the way of India to attain freedom and independence and but for this we would have been free people long ago….. You are free to go to your temples, you are free to go to your mosques or to any other place or worship in this State of Pakistan. You may belong to any religion or caste or creed that has nothing to do with the business of the State. We are starting with the fundamental principle that we all are citizens and equal citizens of one State….8

A whole city [Faisalabad], A university, 2nd largest Mosque and an avenue in Islamabad is named after King Faisal.

Keep house of saud out, or you will be termed by cheeta786 a prince of same family.
Me being their (accused) family member has never dared to mention what you just did....

Back
Top Bottom