What's new

Decreasing terrorist attacks in Pakistan

A comparison of the civilian casualties from terrorism in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (present):

Year----- # of attacks ------ # of people killed ------ # of people injured

2009 -------- 2584 -------------- 3017 ------------------ 7420 -------

2010 -------- 2122 -------------- 2911 ------------------ 5824 -------

2011 -------- 2009 -------------- 2472 ------------------ 4498 -------

May 1, '12 ---- 461 -------------- 659 ------------------- 1005 -------

If someone cannot see the decreasing trend now, I can do very little to show them the light.

Good for Innocent people and for Pakistan.

Surely the attacks have decreased. I guess the terrorist scums have stopped targeting all people around and are more into prioritized attacks on specific targets , and yet they are failing at it.

GooD for the region.

If someone cannot see the decreasing trend now, I can do very little to show them the light.

It's not that they can't see, it's more like they don't WANT to see the statistics and proof in front of them.

It's pretty obvious that terrorist attacks in Pakistan have decreased compared to the past couple of years, but unfortunately some people are not too happy about that.

When did the attack on Mehran base happen ???

You told me when did it happen? Did it happen two days ago. A week ago? One month ago? Three months ago? Or even better how many Mehran Base type incidents happened after that incident?

Considering the regular high levels of infiltration; & high-level, audacious attacks in Kabul, Afghanistan; Pakistan has been doing quite well, & the Mehran base incident was a one-off that can happen anywhere in the world.

Pakistan will invite hell of attacks on its soil if they will open Nato Supply Line because that will give Taliban another major reason to get recruite attack and bomb Pakistani cities So Pakistan needs to take a stand

You told me when did it happen? Did it happen two days ago. A week ago? One month ago? Three months ago? Or even better how many Mehran Base type incidents happened after that incident?

You had the GHQ in 2010.. Mehran in 2011.. Hence your narrative of high profile stuff not happening after 2010 is not correct..

You had the GHQ in 2010.. Mehran in 2011.. Hence your narrative of high profile stuff not happening after 2010 is not correct..

GHQ bomb blast took place in 2009. And it was a regular blast, it was not a specialized operation like we see regularly in Kabul, Afghanistan. PNS Mehran was a high profile infiltration operation, I agree. High profile stuff has also been happening in Delhi & Mumbai, & Islamabad & Lahore have been more peaceful than both in terms of terrorism violence in the last couple of years.

The thing is that it has decreased considerably. Nothing like Mehran base incident again happened in any part of Pakistan. And that too at that point of time when there were bomb blasts at the main gates of the high courts of federal capital of some "peaceful" countries. And that too when Taliban were/are conducting attacks even in the safest zones of Afghanistan.

By the way the guy who was the planner and master mind of Mehran base was killed last year by security forces in Karachi.

The thing is that it has decreased considerably. Nothing like Mehran base incident again happened in any part of Pakistan. And that too at that point of time when there were bomb blasts at the main gates of the high courts of federal capital of some "peaceful" countries. And that too when Taliban were/are conducting attacks even in the safest zones of Afghanistan.

By the way the guy who was the planner and master mind of Mehran base was killed last year by security forces in Karachi.

Well, you have your own views and I have mine.. I dont believe terrorist menace in Pakistan has decreased considerably since last couple of years.. The modus operandi has certainly changed.. anyway, i pray you are right and I am wrong.. Next 6-9 months will certainly show this

One thing to notice is that terrorist attacks have more or less stopped (or at least to the point where they're very rare) in the heartland of Pakistan (i.e. Punjab + Karachi). Of course there are other problems now in Karachi.

Well, you have your own views and I have mine.. I dont believe terrorist menace in Pakistan has decreased considerably since last couple of years.. The modus operandi has certainly changed.. anyway, i pray you are right and I am wrong.. Next 6-9 months will certainly show this

Sure, and that's fine. But then that's an obvious case of something choosing to believe what they want to believe despite facts showing otherwise. And besides, as soon as NATO leaves or reduces its presence significantly, whatever terrorism still exists will go away as well.

It is hard to believe that you would pray that but anyways. :lol:

Anyways sad to see people desperate for violence in their neighboring countries. Shameful behavior.

I feel it has dropped especially the big attacks like 100 killed or fighters attacked etc. I also feel people have stopped talking about smaller attacks. I have seen that terrorist killed 10 to 15 no body even discuss it here.

What terrorist attacks have stopped... Everyday in Karachi thanks to thugs they are killing people... Karachi has turned into mini SWAT now..

Back
Top Bottom