What's new

Debt Strangles Pakistan’s Naval Ambitions

Great article, thank you for posting it.
Bro such articles are soothing for some people.
Yes we cannot match our enemy in terms of budget and equipment available, but we have a potent Navy.
I strongly disagree. While PA and PAF meet the minimal deterrence threshold, PN simply does not. PN has a lot more corruption than PA and PAF (even PN chief was corrupt).
Another thing to blame is the Pakistani battle concept. Which is very misplaced. Navy WILL play a very important role in any conflict with India but they are simply not being given the deserved funding.
With a fleet of just 3 1970's submarines, i doubt anyone can say our navy is a potent force.

If you were to read Other then Times of India you would know

Sorry i am completely illiterate, that is why, even times of India, I ask others to read it for me.

But some how I how completely missed, when Pakistan signed a deal for 6 Yuan class submarines, which it claimed, it will by the end of 2014, but never did.

And how China Magically built and delivered all 6 submarines within a few short months.

Somehow Chinese and Pakistanis were able to pull off greatest engineering feat in the history of mankind, and poor us were totally oblivious to it.

Btw where are you hiding all these subs, have you found a way, to make them invisible also?

Sorry i am completely illiterate, that is why, even times of India, I ask others to read it for me.

But some how I how completely missed, when Pakistan signed a deal for 6 Yuan class submarines, which it claimed, it will by the end of 2014, but never did.

And how China Magically built and delivered all 6 submarines within a few short months.

Somehow Chinese and Pakistanis were able to pull off greatest engineering feat in the history of mankind, and poor us were totally oblivious to it.

Btw where are you hiding all these subs, have you found a way, to make them invisible also?

Tch Tch, If you have paid more attention to sentence structuring, you would have found out, analyst was talking about an imaginary scenario of what if we had money and we have executed the 2005 plan.

Tch Tch, If you have paid more attention to sentence structuring, you would have found out, analyst was talking about an imaginary scenario of what if we had money and we have executed the 2005 plan.

Which is again imagined scenario of a super duper engineering feat, considering the fact S-20 (the export version of Yuan class)which Pakistan was supposedly interested in, did not come into being till 2013.

Though you might wanna read the sentence again.
A sentence begins from a full stop and ends at a full stop.

"When Admiral Muhammad Zakaullah assumed command of the navy, around the time of Sharif’s visit to Lahore, Pakistan had just received six new Yuan-class submarines from China, but maintained just ten frigates."

Last edited:
Bro such articles are soothing for some people.
Yes we cannot match our enemy in terms of budget and equipment available, but we have a potent Navy.

What outdated potent? nukes? plenty of sharks?

No, Pakistan doesn't have potent navy to protect its sea, Indian Navy has progress greatly to +350 percent while our PN goes to -75 percent.

Pakistan doesn't care like an idiot teenager who willing to lose Karachi and other provinces near sea same as past mistakes.

PN can manage to modernize Navy, it requires careful long term planning spread over 10-15 years it would be manageable. Lets suppose paying a billion for 4 Type 54A/B over 10 years would cost $100m per month under some form of long term payment to China.

Oh did i forget to mention they are 100000 %stealth :omghaha: As soon i see one i will let you know.:buba_phone: If you were to read pakistani Urdu newspapers,which is the equivalent of Time of India. You would know that we can build power plants in days. :cheers:

PN can manage to modernize Navy, it requires careful long term planning spread over 10-15 years it would be manageable. Lets suppose paying a billion for 4 Type 54A/B over 10 years would cost $100m per month under some form of long term payment to China.
Doesn't the Pakistan Navy have a 20 year perspective plan? Ad hoc procurements don't gel with strategic requirements.

No, Pakistan doesn't have potent navy to protect its sea, Indian Navy has progress greatly to +350 percent while our PN goes to -75 percent.

Pakistan doesn't care like an idiot teenager who willing to lose Karachi and other provinces near sea same as past mistakes.
Great article, thank you for posting it.

I strongly disagree. While PA and PAF meet the minimal deterrence threshold, PN simply does not. PN has a lot more corruption than PA and PAF (even PN chief was corrupt).
Another thing to blame is the Pakistani battle concept. Which is very misplaced. Navy WILL play a very important role in any conflict with India but they are simply not being given the deserved funding.
With a fleet of just 3 1970's submarines, i doubt anyone can say our navy is a potent force.

I have served in PN for 22 years (2nd generation),
but if both of you are champions in Naval Strategy, good for you.

I am not here to discuss our capabilities openly.

If you were in Pakistan. you will be charged with blasphemy, insulting our great generals how dare you.

I am not here to discuss our capabilities openly.
Firstly Thank you for your service. I salute all our military service members.

But what capabilities are you talking about? I am strictly speaking about conventional capabilities only. So if we have some secret sea based nuclear strategy, then that does not come into this as that is a totally different thing.
We don't have any hidden submarines or destroyers, so I don't know what you mean by capabilities...

Back
Top Bottom