What's new

Dawn: an anti-Pakistan newspaper ?

OP is quite true about Dawn. If anything, I do like to meet their comments moderation team.:angel:

An Indian commented on an article on Dawn, 'It doesn't matter to us whatever happens in Pakistan. We do not care about you people. For us you do not exist.' Now If I try to reply him 'How about you act on what you say and get lost from this Pakistani site', Dawn will not post it. Dawn allows negative comments from Indians but won't let Pakistanis respond to them.

Nahi nahi yey baat nai hai. Woh in introduction forum i had a thread ,'so i was asking an 'apparently' friendly memeber akheilos where are you can we talk,as i cant open my own threads and i had wanted to discuss an article, someother memeber came and wrote she that is akheilos is hibernating ,which is a normal comment, so i wrote not hibernating, its aestivation, aestivation is summer sleep ,opposite of hiberntion which is winters sleep.whats offensive in this. But maybe akheilos got offended and reported me and my thread got locked and i recieved warning for trolling from irfan baloch and that its a 3 strike system ,this warning is first strike then iwill be banned. Was that something offensive?? I wrote in normal sense. i mean who on earth will ever get offended on such thing???atleast educate yourselves on meaning of words.
There are lot of patriotic pakistanis here and thats why i came here. And if just cuz someone is a new member has to be given warnings over stupid stuff then it just means new ppl arent welcome.
And someone recently had opened a thread on emotional quotient. Duh.

@MastanKhan bahii @Color_Less_Sky bahi, aur kon hai han 45' 22 and some more ppl, may ban ho gayi tau aap logon ko miss karoon gee aur may bhoot ban kay proxy use kar kay multi ban kay nai aaoon gee. But iwil remember you guys.
Aur kon kon hai jo yaad aey ga,abhi tau nicks bhi nahi yaad arahay.
:unsure:
Tussi jaa rahe ho.....tussi na jao :cray:

On a serious note......a lot has happened here in pdf b4 which you are unaware of....because of those things akheilos remains a little sensitive to certain things........I won't disclose those things.........
by the way.....don't take bans seriously......I have been banned 6 to 7 times by almost every mod.....So chill

And on topic.....Dawn is not an anti Pak newspaper......I follow Dawn frequently .....Some time they post anti India stuff ....actually the articles are a little biased....and some time they act as a critic for Pakistan which isn't a bad thing I guess

:unsure:
Tussi jaa rahe ho.....tussi na jao :cray:

On a serious note......a lot has happened here in pdf b4 which you are unaware of....because of those things akheilos remains a little sensitive to certain things........I won't disclose those things.........
by the way.....don't take bans seriously......I have been banned 6 to 7 times by almost every mod.....So chill

And on topic.....Dawn is not an anti Pak newspaper......I follow Dawn frequently .....Some time they post anti India stuff ....actually the articles are a little biased....and some time they act as a critic for Pakistan which isn't a bad thing I guess
Highly disagree with everything you said ,from someone acting absurdly sensi to a benign post to dawn not being anti pakistan.
Anyways, don't mind me saying this but on this topic i wasn't looking to read indian responses because dawn so much supports and promotes india, indian state agenda and indian comments that no indian ever would consider dawn bad.
So this is an issue purely pakistanis could see.

@sabena siddiqi , my suggestin for you ,plz keep doing excellent job.and you can always discuss this stuff with people here. because of dawns hypocritical journalism style i really dont visit site that much. But i still go to see that what new agenda they are upto and i am never disappointed. I have become sort of become mentally conditioned to their reporting style that i intuitively know what next they are gonna do and then thats almost exactly i get to see. A constant volley of barrage of cynicism laden, defeatist, 24 7 collective guilt and despondent mindset nurturing articles.
Isi always did poor job when it came to media and they are still doing poor job.
Color less sky bahii, being a conglomerate is not an issue ,nobody is dismantling hameed saihgols empire, but being a pakistani serving others soil is unacceptable,well i think intel agencies know how to deal with such stuff.
Secondly, in 2000 i think army had done a raid on dawn office,tau hameed saigol etc bara naacha tha. Need is to do one again.

Highly disagree with everything you said ,from someone acting absurdly sensi to a benign post to dawn not being anti pakistan.
Anyways, don't mind me saying this but on this topic i wasn't looking to read indian responses because dawn so much supports and promotes india, indian state agenda and indian comments that no indian ever would consider dawn bad.

@sabena siddiqi , my suggestin for you ,plz keep doing excellent job.and you can always discuss this stuff with people here. because of dawns hypocritical journalism style i really dont visit site that much. But i still go to see that what new agenda they are upto and i am never disappointed. I have become sort of become mentally conditioned to their reporting style that i intuitively know what next they are gonna do and then thats almost exactly i get to see. A constant volley of barrage of cynicism laden, defeatist, 24 7 collective guilt and despondent mindset nurturing articles.
Isi always did poor job when it came to media and they are still doing poor job.
Color less sky bahii, being a conglomerate is not an issue ,nobody is dismantling hameed saihgols empire, but being a pakistani serving others soil is unacceptable,well i think intel agencies know how to deal with such stuff.
Secondly, in 2000 i think army had done a raid on dawn office,tau hameed saigol etc bara naacha tha. Need is to do one again.
I can say the same for you :whistle:
You are looking at it this as a Pakistani hence blaming it....From a neutral perspective it's doing a fair job which you are unable to see

It makes me wonder why Dawn caters to Indian egos ?
Is there some financial factor at work, their negative contortion of news certainly doesnt please Pakistani readers on the whole.
We need a newspaper that has no agenda, ET isnt too far behind in twisted journalism either.
I just pointed out the pattern in Dawn reporting, which is supporting anything and everything hostile to the state of Pakistan.

Many journalist & news groups are anti Pakistanis & are openly working against Pakistan.

It makes me wonder why Dawn caters to Indian egos ?
Is there some financial factor at work, their negative contortion of news certainly doesnt please Pakistani readers on the whole.
We need a newspaper that has no agenda, ET isnt too far behind in twisted journalism either.
I just pointed out the pattern in Dawn reporting, which is supporting anything and everything hostile to the state of Pakistan.

can you back your claim? Dawn is one of the professional newspaper . Indian egos? i dont know from where you had felt that.

Like others they don't support any special group, they just give facts and leave decision to be made by reader. JANG Group, Express, they often support a certain part or group and don't give all facts.
I never observed DAWN giving opinions in India's favor nor against Army.
Recently they also opposed colonization of Pundits in Kashmir too.
I guess Mama Qadeer Baloch (killed by FC yesterday) is BLA commander, he has nothing to do with Kashmir and India.

There will always be multiple opinions on issues. We live in a democracy and shouldn't shut them down. Critical thinking and discussions help you make better decisions. Media should be able to critique government policies. These varying points of views don't make you anti-pakistan.

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

OP is quite true about Dawn. If anything, I do like to meet their comments moderation team.:angel:

An Indian commented on an article on Dawn, 'It doesn't matter to us whatever happens in Pakistan. We do not care about you people. For us you do not exist.' Now If I try to reply him 'How about you act on what you say and get lost from this Pakistani site', Dawn will not post it. Dawn allows negative comments from Indians but won't let Pakistanis respond to them.
Dawn is doing its duty and obeying its master in this difficult time. Just go thru their editorials. see who their regular comment posters are and figure it out. Only in Pakistan.

Dawn moderators often permit irrelevant, non-factual, anti-pak comments from India's locust-like commenters. However, comments from Pakistanis that attempt to correct or address the misinformation spread by Indians are omitted from publication.

The most egregious of these in my mind was when NFP shared the famous loongi-checking picture of the 1971 civil war. He suggested the big bad evil Pakistani solider was checking for Hindus. I tried to correct with indisputable evidence that it was actually an Indian soldier checking for Muslims. They completely ignored my comment. They also did not post a correction as responsible newspapers should.

I used to love Dawn newpaper but they have failed me on more than one occasion.

To me, Dawn is the most sane, independent and unbiased newspaper of Pakistan. Not towing to establishment line doesn't make it anti-Pakistan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom