What's new

David Headley says he worked for ISI and LeT for Mumbai Attacks

Don't exaggerate. The U.S. Justice Dept. summarizes progress on the Headley case here: link. Note the evidence isn't just testimony but emails and documents.
Where in that link is corroboration of Headley's allegation, that the individuals he met were in fact 'ISI Agents', provided? I didn't even see a reference to those particular allegations in the text.

Its clear American lost lives too.. So Why no one sued or started a legal case against the same?

Double jeopardy clause.

Double Jeopardy only applies to same charges. Criminal and Civil charges are different.

The family members can file civil charges. However sometimes in plea deals immunity is given from some charges.

I am expecting a very strong response from India..

I expect a "dossier" with everything said by Headley nicely printed and handed over to NSA Janjua soon..
Ahh, yes, so India will provide a Dossier stating that, "Pakistan must accept these regurgitated and unsubstantiated allegations because they were delivered this time via tele-conference, which absolutely beyond a shadow of a doubt establishes their veracity!"

India should ask Headley to store a video/audio of these claims in the cloud, and add a link to that in the dossier, since it sounds like the same primary source regurgitating the same unsubstantiated claims in different ways somehow counts as 'corroboration of said claims'.

Double Jeopardy only applies to same charges. Criminal and Civil charges are different.

The family members can file civil charges. However sometimes in plea deals immunity is given from some charges.

Yes they are free to open civil charges.

Do US and Pakistan even have an extradition treaty signed out of interest?

Do US and Pakistan even have an extradition treaty signed out of interest?

Wiki says yes, from the British Raj era.

Country signed enforced
Pakistan December 22, 1931 March 9, 1942 47 Stat. 2122 [74]

Extradition is a big give and take, considering the political ramifications. The only reason a country would want an individual to be extradited are his/her criminal charges, perhaps covert connections, immunity?

And the big deal they're made out to be by the media. Most countries tend to steer clear but decide to considering the charges and country.

Many countries, Europeans, decline if the receiving country will carry out a harsh sentence, death.

And extradition can include diplomats. I believe there was some European diplomat who killed an American, his country rescinded any chance of diplomatic immunity by well taking away his diplomatic passport.

Take this news with a pinch of salt, and by that the whole salt shaker bottle.

edit: Actual treaty.
Terrorism Legislation Database

You overestimate India's influence in the US, and underestimate Pakistan in general. Your scenarios are unrealistic.

Besides, Pakistan is already super close to China, being a satellite state to China wouldn't really change much. It might even be good for Pakistan.

Unrealistic, nothing more than bravado. Even if Trump were to come into power, nothing much would change. The POTUS doesn't have these sweeping dictatorial powers, not much would change. There would be a major push back, if there was a perception at the pentagon that the president was either incompetent, or doing something stupid that damage's US national security.

My point is, the problems and solutions you've listed are imaginary.
You only read the first part of it and not the second. US will no longer bother about attacks emanating from inside afghanistan other than showing some lip sympathy or quid pro quid approach.

I bet the names may be real, however, not because that the story is authentic, but due to the fact that R&AW and CIA got ample time to cook a kick *** story.

Seriously, the Yanks are such whores, even a tawaif has more respect than these sob's......... and let us not forget "there are no permanent friends, but permanent self interests". Bollocks. Anyone adhering to that principal, should at least have 1% self respect, which the Yanks lack.

Good story..! Lets authenticate it by finding these personal in the Pak Army first..anyone can cook anything..this is how novels are written..

You overestimate India's influence in the US, and underestimate Pakistan in general. Your scenarios are unrealistic.

Besides, Pakistan is already super close to China, being a satellite state to China wouldn't really change much. It might even be good for Pakistan.

Unrealistic, nothing more than bravado. Even if Trump were to come into power, nothing much would change. The POTUS doesn't have these sweeping dictatorial powers, not much would change. There would be a major push back, if there was a perception at the pentagon that the president was either incompetent, or doing something stupid that damage's US national security.

My point is, the problems and solutions you've listed are imaginary.

We will just have to wait and see wont we? First Pakistan has to do nothing for one whole year and sit on the pressure. If Sharif govt bites the bullet and takes major action of any sort, then the whole scenario changes.

But if Pakistan chooses to do nothing...with republican control of congress and quite likely a republican president wanting to take the bull by its horns and create bold policy right off the bat (to put as much distance from the status-quoesque obama admin as possible)...there definitely will be some significant pressure applied on Pakistan....and sanctions if needed.

The longer Pakistan goes on with its current strategy, the more likely with time it will happen. Once the West has absolutely nothing to lose w.r.t Pakistan economy or geopolitics (once its basically a 100% client state of China)...is when we will see the US put Pakistan on the list of state sponsored terrorism.

Those US officers who served in Afghanistan as lieutenants, captains and majors....they will be colonels and generals shortly. They will not forget what Pakistan support to the Taliban meant on the ground to the grunts under their responsibility.

Just sit back and watch. The US public is becoming increasingly anti-Pakistan (San Bernadino accelerated it significantly) especially since OBL was sheltered in Pakistan. It is only a matter of time till this blows up beyond what Pakistan is familiar with when the world media increases its portrayal of Pakistan as a state unwilling to confront its home grown terror network in any serious way.

Just watch what will happen if this guy, who is quite an outsider to Washington political niceties, becomes president and Pakistan thinks it can continue to hold onto JuD terrorist leadership:

Trump calls for Indian intervention if Pakistan becomes ‘unstable’ - The Express Tribune

India is the check to Pakistan, Donald Trump declares - Times of India

There have been calls and shots across the bow before too from others:

Pakistan a state sponsor of terrorism, Chris Alexander says - Politics - CBC News

Pakistan better be pragmatic here and solve the root cause genuinely. Why continue to gamble and be a pain to the world community?

Cool story bro-
Even i know of one serving Indian army major krishna narayanan prithvi perbhaker ayer nair- he wanted to recruit me to RAW to blow a candy shop selling kosher - go figure -

Actually i know of one serving RAW agent as well - Major Gautam Tripathi Fanindra Ovishakar aka GTFO-

Both of them were working together -

Last edited:
I bet the names may be real, however, not because that the story is authentic, but due to the fact that R&AW and CIA got ample time to cook a kick *** story.

Seriously, the Yanks are such whores, even a tawaif has more respect than these sob's......... and let us not forget "there are no permanent friends, but permanent self interests". Bollocks. Anyone adhering to that principal, should at least have 1% self respect, which the Yanks lack.

Nope no self respect <3 we just are in LOVE with you, I mean can you blame us :P

Cool story bro-
Even i know of one serving Indian army major krishna narayanan prithvi perbhaker ayer nair- he wanted to recruit me to RAW to blow a candy shop selling kosher - go figure -

Actually i know of one serving RAW agent as well - Major Gautam Tripathi Fanindra Ovishakar aka GTFO-

Both of them were working together -
Except you aren't a convicted terrorist who has been proven to have links with any such orginsiation. Where do you think Headely is right now? In a federal prison in the US. He gains nothing by lying, he has been sentanced and is coopoerating as part of his plea deal.

you know if you were to ever respond with a mean comment, my first and only reaction would be "omgshhh he responded yessss" :D

An American who helped survey targets for the deadly 2008 Mumbai attacks told a special Indian court Tuesday that Pakistan’s spy agency provides support to militants blamed for the atrocity, according to a prosecutor.

David Headley, who was sentenced in 2013 by a Chicago court to 35 years in a US prison for his role in the attacks that killed 166 people, also said he worked for Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI).

“Today David Headley has given certain sensitive revelations,” Indian public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam said outside Mumbai’s sessions court on Tuesday following the American’s testimony via video link.

“Firstly he said that he was working for ISI… David Headley further confirmed that ISI and Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) had a close nexus with each other,” Nikam told reporters.

“I did ask him how he could say that… and he said ‘ISI provides financial and moral as well as military support to Lashkar-e-Taiba’,” the prosecutor added.

India has long blamed the LeT for the coordinated attacks on November 26, 2008 when Islamist gunmen stormed luxury hotels, the main railway station, a Jewish centre and other sites in the country’s financial capital.

The attacks, which lasted for three days, have been a consistent source of acrimony between India and Pakistan as New Delhi has called for Islamabad to bring the alleged masterminds to justice.

Pakistan’s government has technically banned LeT but a number of its leaders, including Hafiz Saeed and Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, remain free.

India blames Saeed and Lakhvi for masterminding the attacks in 2008 and Pakistan’s reluctance to hand them over remains a continual source of friction between the nuclear rivals.

Analysts accuse the ISI of maintaining links with a range of militant groups in Pakistan, including the LeT, but Islamabad denies this.

Headley, 55, was giving evidence to the Indian court from an undisclosed location in America for the second day. The court is trying suspected plotter Sayed Zabiuddin Ansari, also known as Abu Jundal.

In December it pardoned Headley, the son of a former Pakistani diplomat, on condition that he testified to the court.

The pardon does not affect the US sentence. which came after he admitted scouting targets for the Mumbai attackers.

After initially denying involvement, Headley confessed and cooperated with US authorities to avoid the death penalty.

According to Nikam, Headley told the court Tuesday that he had surveyed various locations in Mumbai, including Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus railway station, the Taj Mahal Palace hotel and Oberoi hotel.

All three were hit during the attacks.

On Monday, Headley testified that the Pakistan-based LeT had also been behind two failed attempted attacks on Mumbai in September and October 2008.

His testimony continues on Wednesday.

Terrorist Who Murdered Six Jews in Mumbai Says He Worked for Pakistan Spy Agency |

trump will never be the president, it's going to between Bernie and hillary. And guess what, Hillary is not very good news either in this context.

Typical sabzi newspaper with sabzi propaganda who cares about Sabzis

trump will never be the president, it's going to between Bernie and hillary. And guess what, Hillary is not very good news either in this context.
Why u look America all the times on these issues I guess u guys have no balls ?just do it if u dare or keep *** off .

Back
Top Bottom