What's new

Dassault seeks European drone, Indian Rafale deals

thestringshredder

Reaction score
Country
India
2pz.JPG

France’s Dassault Aviation (AVMD.PA) called for two new European drone projects and urged completion of a $15-billion fighter deal with India as France’s defence minister began a visit to the country.

The maker of luxury jets and Rafale warplanes warned of the risk of squandering European know-how after France ordered drones from the United States and stepped up pressure for the launch of new combat and surveillance drone projects.

“After its maiden flight last December, nEUROn (combat drone) demonstrated the exceptional know-how of France and Europe, but the government is looking overseas to purchase,” Dassault’s Chief Executive Eric Trapper said.

Dassault Aviation, the French-German-Spanish aerospace group EADS (EAD.PA) and Italy’s Finmeccanica issued a joint statement on the eve of last month’s Paris Airshow offering to cooperate on medium altitude-long endurance (MALE) surveillance drones.

Britain’s BAE Systems (BAES.L) co-operates separately with Dassault on drones, and analysts say piecemeal efforts to co-operate in unmanned technology have yielded little progress.

France has announced plans to buy a dozen drones from the United States to support operations in Mali.

In a results statement coinciding with the start of a visit to India by French Defence Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian, Dassault’s Trappier also said it was important to complete a long-awaited deal to sell 126 Rafale warplanes to India.

India’s defence ministry said Defence Minister A.K. Antony would meet Le Drian on Friday but declined to discuss details.

India picked the Rafale for exclusive negotiations in January 2012 after a hotly contested bidding war between rival suppliers. But it has yet to finalize the $15 billion deal, one of the most sought-after in the global arms export industry.

Sources familiar with the matter have blamed the delay on differences over the industrial role of India’s state-run Hindustan Aeronautics. But an Indian government source said differences had abated and that a deal could be signed soon.

Dassault Aviation reported lower first-half profits and revenues on reduced Falcon business jet deliveries and higher research and development costs, but predicted a pick-up in revenue in the second half.

First-half operating profit excluding its stake in electronics firm Thales (TCFP.PA) fell 23 percent to 187 million euros on revenues which fell 5 percent to 1.826 billion euros.

Dassault took in 1.41 billion euros of new orders.

It predicted a rise in full-year Falcon deliveries to 70 units compared with 66 in 2012, and higher full-year revenues. (Reporting by Cyril Altmeyer, Anurag Kotoky, Tim Hepher; editing by Mark John)

Link - Dassault seeks European drone, Indian Rafale deals | idrw.org

Good luck Indians with the DR, I envy you for having the DR while our politicians are reluctant to strike a deal with France, after signing two memorandums of understanding.

Hey dont you have the Typhoon in your arsenal already and you also want Rafales?

Hey dont you have the Typhoon in your arsenal already and you also want Rafales?

We've order 72 Typhoons, payment has been finalized for them, and expect to order another 72 Typhoons as well. The DR will most likely be for the navy, of who many of them studied in France.

Many people claim that KSA buys weapons like crazy but they don't really know what's going on :agree:

We've order 72 Typhoons, payment has been finalized for them, and expect to order another 72 Typhoons as well. The DR will most likely be for the navy, of who many of them studied in France.

Many people claim that KSA buys weapons like crazy but they don't really know what's going on :agree:

Well that will end up as a logistics nightmare...but the nEUROn will be a good addition I suppose.

But man,too many aircraft types will create maintainence nightmare?
Also didn't know KSA had a navy?

But man,too many aircraft types will create maintainence nightmare?
Also didn't know KSA had a navy?

Yes, I agree, it may create a logical or a maitanienece nightmare if the navy isn't mature enough - that if the navy is really going after them - but practice makes better and better. Our navy is modest for now, but submarines and Aircrafts will find their way in soon ;) ..

Currently, we operate the Typhoons, Tornados, and the F-15s. That's all.

We participated in naval activities with the international community and the navy also helped the RSLA and RSAF during the war with the Hauthis.

Yes, I agree, it may create a logical or a maitanienece nightmare if the navy isn't mature enough - that if the navy is really going after them - but practice makes better and better. Our navy is modest for now, but submarines and Aircrafts will find their way in soon ;) ..

Currently, we operate the Typhoons, Tornados, and the F-15s. That's all.

We participated in naval activities with the international community and the navy also helped the RSLA and RSAF during the war with the Hauthis.

Actually u know i think its good idea for KSA to get more subs,than too many aircraft.Iran the main enemy is not connected by land,but its submarines can attack KSA ships in persian gulf.KSA should get navy,because right now its totally dependant on USN.

Ok so when the hell the contract is going to be signed ???

Actually u know i think its good idea for KSA to get more subs,than too many aircraft.Iran the main enemy is not connected by land,but its submarines can attack KSA ships in persian gulf.KSA should get navy,because right now its totally dependant on USN.

I guess you're right friend. Even though we have been operating PN submarines for more than 20 years, I would love to see German subs in our inventory. But hey, I guess you're right, the USN dominates the south east Asia sea and the Arabian Gulf :/.

I'm just worried about Iran's kilo subs, hopefully we will catch up with it soon.

On other note, India is similar to the UAE, and KSA when it comes to purchasing military equipments, they all have an expensive taste, I'm just thrilled that India didn't go after Russian Aircrafts this time, the Franco DR is cool but bloody expensive ,so to speak;)

Ok so when the hell the contract is going to be signed ???

Payments must finalize, India is interested in building the DRs locally, it will take sometime, but you guys are the customers, in other word, you're kings.. Sounds perfect when the word king comes out from a Saudi :lol:

Payments must finalize, India is interested in building the DRs locally, it will take sometime, but you guys are the customers, in other word, your kings.. Sounds perfect when the word king comes out from a Saudi :lol:

Kings :undecided:

Well I dont think the scale of negotiations is beyond 20 billion dollars. Its been near two years now so its definately somebody is having problem with others something. But both sides deny that too :undecided:

And people who think negotiations are complex and take time .... negations don't take that much time unless you are stuck somewhere.

Kings :undecided:

Well I dont think the scale of negotiations is beyond 20 billion dollars. Its been near two years now so its definately somebody is having problem with others something. But both sides deny that too :undecided:

And people who think negotiations are complex and take time .... negations don't take time unless you are stuck somewhere.

India is too picky, they want to buy a highly sophisticated Aircraft, we spent 3-4 years negotiating for the Typhoons till we got what we want, like in all of our arm deals. I'm a %100 sure that India will get it willy or nilly.

India is too picky, they want to buy a highly sophisticated Aircraft, we spent 3-4 years negotiating for the Typhoons till we got what we want, like in all of our arm deals. I'm a %100 sure that India will get it willy or nilly.

Well friend RPF of MMRCA was clear as crystal. If you cant do anything or have problems with something in it you should not have contested the tender saving your and our time and money.

There is nothing that India can be called picky. Nothings changed in RPF. Actually Dassault should have been grateful that they were allowed to re-enter. But look like French company is going to stretch it to breaking point. Right now GOI is too not in hurry

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom