What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please i don't want to start a Rafale vs Typhoon thing again.

Probably a good decision, because you really have to inform yourself a bit more about EF and please not only from old sources.

-Both Typhoon and Rafale will employ the PIRATE.
-IRST is already incorporated into the Typhoon.

This for example says much, since PIRATE is the name of EFs IRST system, in Rafale it's called FSO. And the Damocles will not be phased out, actually Saudi Arabia wants to integrate it on EF to have commonality to their Tornados, which already use this LDP. Also not to use an Israeli LDP, which they wouldn't get anyway.

we will get meteor with rafale but can it be possible to put meteor in super sukhoi ? isnt it a deadly combo ?

Possible yes, likely now! METEOR is still in the final development stage and will come costly at the begining, also the Russians are developing Ramjet propelled versions of R77 too, but possibly only for the future Pak Fa. MKIs are also aimed to get Astra, which will replace R77 in IAF fleet and even that missiles is planned to get a similar propulsion system in future.

I say we also join the nEUROn project along with Rafale. Who else????

nEUROn is a European project, but it was reported that Dassault would be interested to assist in the AURA development. I still would prefer Israelis as partners on this, but wouldn't mind if Dassaults help too.

Great news.....Now IN will be going the rafale way... :yahoo:

Google Admiral Verma's statement on this. He's clarified already that IN will stick to Tejas and MiG-29Ks for foreseeable future. They are eyeing a 5th gen fighter in the future and till the current airframes of new Tejas and MiGs can stand, that will be the case.

450px-ASMP-A_P1220887.jpg

somehow can we get our hand on this baby with rafale officially or unofficialy ?

TVC helps only at low speeds, untypical for combat. And when it comes to low speeds, nothing can overturn and escape from helmet guided AIM-9X.

No wonder that India chosed Rafale without TVC over MiG-35.

I already pointed out how TVC helps at high speed high altitude maneuvers. In addition, firing a short range missile at high off-boresite angles will drastically decrease the missile range. Thus, nose-pointing ability is still a major factor.

I have question.

what will be the arms package and what will be the cost??
Mica missiles cost was near 1 billion and you can estimate nearly 4-5 billion for package of rafale.

so total deal will be near 25 billion if we include every thing coz there will be 200 rafales for 20 billion.

206 MMRCA I'd say was highly likely. But what is still ambiguous is the ramifications of Antony's remarks about the extra 80 potentially being one of the losing a/c.

That's good to hear. Could you post a link? :mps: Mig-35 ftw!

Trade union Unite warned the selection of the Rafale could have "serious implications" for BAE Systems and the UK aerospace industry. It is estimated that 40,000 UK jobs are supported by the project.

France's Dassault beats BAE Systems to clinch Indian government fighter jet contract - Telegraph

Will urge India to reconsider Dassault Rafale fighter deal: British Prime Minister David Cameron

"The decision is obviously disappointing but it is about who the Indians have assessed as making the lowest bid and therefore asked to enter into further negotiations. They have not yet awarded the contract," he added.

He said he did not expect any job losses in Britain as a result of the decision and said "it doesn't rule out Typhoon for India."

Will urge India to reconsider Dassault Rafale fighter deal: British Prime Minister David Cameron - The Times of India
LONDON — British prime minister David Cameron said Wednesday he is disappointed that India is in talks with French company Dassault Aviation instead of Eurofighter over a contract for fighter aircraft, but will ask the country to reconsider.

Germany also expressed disappointment at what it called the “preliminary decision” by India.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...fighter-jets/2012/02/01/gIQAH2aWhQ_story.html

they gotto understand, "Its time to move on.............."

img_6305_bollywrap-shah-rukh-khans-magic-in-don-2-utvstars-hd.jpg

Ha, ha, ha, Cameroonji, what do you tell a guy who doesn't take bribes, who doesn't make foreign trips unless asked by govt, who doesn't want foreign visas for his family (neither they do want that) and still sits on the chair of MOD? Even if the real Jesus Christ descends into his office and tells him"Son Anto, Davy is one of our guys", Anto won't budge. He even left Congress when the all powerful boss Indira Gandhi broke her own rules and he was the only guy whom she went all the way to his homes state to apologise and invite back to her fold. What enticement you can offer to a man who cares two hoots for money, fame, wine and women? Hard luck, Cameroonji Hard Luck! This is an entirely different cup of politico you Westerners and even most of India is not familiar. No wonder even Congress invited him to the Centre only after four decades.

To all those British idiots...

I already pointed out how TVC helps at high speed high altitude maneuvers. In addition, firing a short range missile at high off-boresite angles will drastically decrease the missile range. Thus, nose-pointing ability is still a major factor.
At high altitudes you have very high radar detection and missile ranges, so you can easily fire 2-3 missiles before entering WVR so chances to enter dog fight are virtually zero.

And even after u enter WVR fight at high altitude ur missile range will be more than enough at any angles. Especially if u have high energy missile like MICA.

Nothing to laugh about. I for one am grateful for every bit of aid that comes our way. That aid helps those countrymen & women of ours who are not as lucky & blessed as you & I. One must never be ungrateful (& your scoffing comes pretty close) for any help regardless of whatever decisions are taken. The Brits are not our enemies (nor indeed the Germans) & one must be gracious in allowing them to let off steam. They have a reasonable grouse about the aid they give to India (especially during these times) not getting them anything in return & we must both understand & maintain a certain amount of perspective. The Rafale is the winner & there is no reason anymore to belittle anyone else. Not anymore.

Hmmm.. Ok, I don't have anything against germans, it was totally for the british, and mind you it was the same britan that made those millions of unfortunate people "unlike me" poor. Dear Sir, I respect your opinions but when they are just blind shots in the dark, I can't help but wonder what a non sensical argument it is. I have also read your other posts and for some reason you are keen to prove to everybody that britan did a great thing fr India.. For those who are unenlighted, about the reality, India was a economice superpower in the 17th century (and ofcourse before that) It is a FACT acknowledged by not only Indians (accept a few bangloreans like you :lol:) by the britishers thmselves (just saying because you may consider them more truthful than the Indians). If you don't know the reality please refrain from making comments that can't be more farther from the truth. I know you are a "modern" Indian for whom west comes before their own country, but please don't sell yourself out so easily. I believe that's why we never had any major revolutionary from the south... While sikhs,rajputs,marathas and others were busy in warding off the white jokers, most of the south Indians were converting to chrisitianity :) Even in the anti hindi agitations and the creation of "dravidanadu" were being made, it seems really funny to me that instead of demanding to make tamil or telgu the national language, the south Indians demanded english... strange isn't it ?? especially for people who were agitating to protect their own "culture" from foreigners :lol: ... anywyas, Once again, it's my kind advice or request to you to please comment ONLY when you know the reality

Best regards,

Katwe

^^
This is the MRCA thread. Please don't bring in white vs brown, east vs west or north vs south here. Amazingly, your post does each of those. I know you are replying to other posters, so it is a request to everyone in general, not just you. (The unnecessary north vs south remarks seem to be just your doing. There are justified responses for all that, but as I said, this is the MRCA thread.)

^^
This is the MRCA thread. Please don't bring in white vs brown, east vs west or north vs south here. Amazingly, your post does each of those. I know you are replying to other posters, so it is a request to everyone in general, not just you. (The unnecessary north vs south remarks seem to be just your doing.)

Please tell those who dont seem to understand, however I respect your advice and will follow it, till everyone acts like they should

While sikhs,rajputs,marathas and others were busy in warding off the white jokers, most of the south Indians were converting to chrisitianity :) Even in the anti hindi agitations and the creation of "dravidanadu" were being made, it seems really funny to me that instead of demanding to make tamil or telgu the national language, the south Indians demanded english... strange isn't it ?? especially for people who were agitating to protect their own "culture" from foreigners

one hand the brown nosed wannabe brits and on the other hand idiotic cow belt regionalists....:hitwall:

one hand the brown nosed wannabe brits and on the other hand idiotic cow belt regionalists....:hitwall:

Nothing with regionalism bro, I have seen many south Indians think that britishers are some great people who made their lands rich, was just showing them the reality , by the do you have the answer for that question??

450px-ASMP-A_P1220887.jpg

somehow can we get our hand on this baby with rafale officially or unofficialy ?

Doubtful, but maybe Nirbhay will be a comparable missile.

I have question.

what will be the arms package and what will be the cost??
Mica missiles cost was near 1 billion and you can estimate nearly 4-5 billion for package of rafale.

so total deal will be near 25 billion if we include every thing coz there will be 200 rafales for 20 billion.

The weapon package will be an extra deal and nobody can really say what it will include, or how costly it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom