What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gripen is good choice for MRCA but pakistan have the awacs from saab too that make any diffrance politically or aircraft wise. Thax

Its depend on iaf mod if they want single engine a/c then they defiantly go for NG but if they want best mcra a/c which it is not. One more think if u compare price tag of NG with other contender like F-18 & F-16 then it has lesser change against F-18 and also in NG about 30-50% part r come from usa. It is also against it. :usflag:

Last edited by a moderator:
seem that india govt has sorte out a formula on End User Agreement with US...

chances of F-18SH has brighten...

Heard from a offical that f-16 - has probably very high chance of qualifying for MRCA, since indian navy want jsf-35 , we might end up with mix bag of F-16IN and F-35.

F-16 will be way to advance and will have avionics from fifth gen fighter. except for stealth.

This will fulfill both the requirement for india, numbers + quality. Indian navy is not really happy with the idea of procurement of F/A18 SH.

Heard from a offical that f-16 - has probably very high chance of qualifying for MRCA, since indian navy want jsf-35 , we might end up with mix bag of F-16IN and F-35.

F-16 will be way to advance and will have avionics from fifth gen fighter. except for stealth.

This will fulfill both the requirement for india, numbers + quality. Indian navy is not really happy with the idea of procurement of F/A18 SH.
Doubtful, we won't get 126 less usefull F16 for IAF, only to get some 30 - 50 F35 for IN and that way after 2015!
The only real difference from F16IN to F16 block 52 that PAF will get is the AESA radar and a different engine, the rest is mostly the same and provides no advantages IAF. Also PAF is way more experienced with that aircraft, so they knows it's advantages, but also it's disadvantages!
Besides the Mig 35, this is clearly the least capable fighter for IAF, if we go US fighter it must be F18SH, at least for IAF.

Well i heard it from source. f16 and jsf-35 have many component same so easy some of the infrastructure will be same for both the fighters.

But talkign hypothetically i think india can go for - f/a 18 sh and mixed with 60 jsf. which will be bad deal - i know because totally diffrent fighters need diffrent infrastructure to maintain, and understand. lol

Some time i think - govt is just playing fool- when are we havin trials ? i think we are back to square one - biggest loss is of time - by forum mebers here and other defence sites. lol

Doubtful, we won't get 126 less usefull F16 for IAF, only to get some 30 - 50 F35 for IN and that way after 2015!
The only real difference from F16IN to F16 block 52 that PAF will get is the AESA radar and a different engine, the rest is mostly the same and provides no advantages IAF. Also PAF is way more experienced with that aircraft, so they knows it's advantages, but also it's disadvantages!
Besides the Mig 35, this is clearly the least capable fighter for IAF, if we go US fighter it must be F18SH, at least for IAF.

I think u r right f-16 is old frame and it retirement come when f-35 come in picture from 2015. If iaf wants f-35 then gives usa a big order which they cannot ignore it like 200 plane it is huge no. may be usa provide tot and give us production permission. I dnt think no other country go for that much no.

Question for Indian members:
Who is on the selection committee for this procurement?

I think u r right f-16 is old frame and it retirement come when f-35 come in picture from 2015. If iaf wants f-35 then gives usa a big order which they cannot ignore it like 200 plane it is huge no. may be usa provide tot and give us production permission. I dnt think no other country go for that much no.
sorry..just could not help but laugh at your statement.US is not even giving full TOT to Level 1 Partners (they also invested 5 billion each for development AFAIK) (Which are only NATO Allies) and you think they will give India all the tech with 100% Tot.You my friend is indeed living in dream's land.:woot: or maybe on crack.

Last edited:
sorry..just could not help but laugh at your statement.US is not even giving full TOT to Level 1 Partners (they also invested 5 billion each for development AFAIK) (Which are only NATO Allies) and you think they will give India all the tech with 100% Tot.You indians are indeed living in dream's land.:woot: or maybe on crack.

Have to agree with you over there....If india wants ToT then France / Sweden are the best viable options...keeping in mind that the inclination is to move away from russian systems.

Question for Indian members:
Who is on the selection committee for this procurement?

Flight test's are carried out by Test flight centre based in Bangalore (Forgot the name, but i think its NTCRT). Flight test centre is made of IAF & IN senior pilots. Once they complete test flights both at home as well as abroad, they submit their findings to IAF HQ & South block(MoD). After revieing the reports IAF HQ (all the top brass) will select the top two places amongst MMRCA contenders. They will then submit this report to MoD. MoD will then begin the price negotiations, offset clause negotiations , etc and will finally award the contract to one plane. Note that it would be extremely difficult for MoD to override IAF's choice for MMRCA. For example if IAF has selected rafale as their choice and F16 as their second choice, it would be very difficult for MoD to push for F16 just by giving political reasons. :cheers::cheers:

Yup..political forces seem to have learned their lesson about interfering in procurements in our part of the world for now.

sorry..just could not help but laugh at your statement.US is not even giving full TOT to Level 1 Partners (they also invested 5 billion each for development AFAIK) (Which are only NATO Allies) and you think they will give India all the tech with 100% Tot.You my friend is indeed living in dream's land.:woot: or maybe on crack.

us may not give full TOT but if it provides the source code(like israel)then indian systems(like ecm,mission computers,avionics,weapons)can be integrated.while tot for aesa will be limited ,airframe parts can be locally manufactured.this scenario is remote though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom