What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
does the change in USA political senario from Bush to Obama makes any diffirence in the prospect of F-16/18 in MMRCA ?

with Bush in the office , it was almost certain that MMRCA if going F-18SH's way..

does the change in USA political senario from Bush to Obama makes any diffirence in the prospect of F-16/18 in MMRCA ?

with Bush in the office , it was almost certain that MMRCA if going F-18SH's way..

It doesn't make any difference. No administration can afford to deprive their domestic companies from earning profits that too coming from foreign sources.

Btw, does anybody know what are the results or views of the technical evaluations of the MRCA contenders? Technically how did the proposals fare against each other wrt Indian requirements?

Which Company would likely to get this precious contract for 126 jets any idea.:undecided:

Which Company would likely to get this precious contract for 126 jets any idea.:undecided:
My personal hitlist:

1. Rafale - expensive, but offers a lot of techs with freedom of customizing and less restrictions
2. F18 SH - maybe politically and with restrictions, but reletively cheap, proven and with the best weapon package
Gripen NG - cheap in costs, but very dependend on US and not ready yet, delays are likely
4. EF - most expensive, unsure about funding of further upgrades, but clearly the best techs (best engine, maybe the best AESA) and the best a2a performance
5. F16 IN and Mig 35 - F16 IN is a very good aircraft but won't offer much advantages against F16 and J10 of our neighbours. Mig 35 the cheapest in all cost reasons, but not ready yet, don't offer much new techs, will be pretty similar to Mki and more important will make IAF completely dependend on Russia!

1. Rafale - expensive, but offers a lot of techs with freedom of customizing and less restrictions --- AESA is not ready no export order make it future of this plane is blind 2. F18 SH - maybe politically and with restrictions, but reletively cheap, proven and with the best weapon package ---- EMU & TOT problem
Gripen NG - cheap in costs, but very dependend on US and not ready yet, delays are likely -- again us involve in this and not ready yet
4. EF - most expensive, unsure about funding of further upgrades, but clearly the best techs (best engine, maybe the best AESA) and the best a2a performance --- I think best A/C for IAF
5. F16 IN and Mig 35 - F16 IN is a very good aircraft but won't offer many advantages against F16 and J10 of our neighbors. Mig 35 the cheapest in all cost reasons, but not ready yet, don't offer much new techs, will be pretty similar to Mki and more important will make IAF completely dependent on Russia --- For F-16 old and replacement start from 2015 when F-35 come & Mig-35 cheap but again depend on Russia is dangers for us and also no future for this A/c even Russia don’t buy this it is only help Russia & MIG cop. (don’t have any single order in his list) who fighting for his life .

AESA is not ready no export order make it future of this plane is blind
Latest reports says that AESA will be inducted into French fighters by next year and will be ready for exports by 2012, so early enough for us. Exports of course is a point, but it is in competitions in Brazil, Greece, Austria and it looks like UAE will buy them. So exports seems to be likly soon.
EMU & TOT problem
That's what I meant with restrictions
I think best A/C for IAF
Why do you think so? Personally I like the EF too, but I don't think it will suit IAF the best. It's clearly an air superiotity fighter with not much improved a2g capabilities and with Mki and FGFA in future we have/will have comparable aircrafts. I'm still not sure if the high techs it offers balance the high price it costs.

Why do you think so? Personally I like the EF too, but I don't think it will suit IAF the best. It's clearly an air superiotity fighter with not much improved a2g capabilities and with Mki and FGFA in future we have/will have comparable aircrafts. I'm still not sure if the high techs it offers balance the high price it costs.
QUOTE]
Tranche 3 come with AESA and resolve the a2g capabilities and this the best way to know the superior western technology coze today after F-22 it is the best air superiority fighter but when T-3 it is the best 4++ generation fighter and if u comparer with French fighter with EF I don’t think there is much difference in the price coze both are expansive. And also we can get the partner of EF for future it also help us in LCA (EADS helping us to reduce the weight) and MCA.

Last edited:
In 2004, first time I heard about this deal. now its 2009 when India is finalising this deal.
Wt ever they will finalise, they will not get it within 5 years.
Noew 2004 ->6 years passed->2009-> 5 more years in development program-> 2 years for trainings= Total time will be 12 years to acquire 126 jets

Dont u think the deal took so much time?

India will never get any of them b4 2017.

U can see India got its first SU30MKI in late 2000 (Correct me if I m wrong).
After 9 years they have 100-120 SU-30 (from different resources).

How long it will take to finliase this deal and the delivery of the birds.

1. Rafale - expensive, but offers a lot of techs with freedom of customizing and less restrictions --- AESA is not ready no export order make it future of this plane is blind 2. F18 SH - maybe politically and with restrictions, but reletively cheap, proven and with the best weapon package ---- EMU & TOT problem
Gripen NG - cheap in costs, but very dependend on US and not ready yet, delays are likely -- again us involve in this and not ready yet
4. EF - most expensive, unsure about funding of further upgrades, but clearly the best techs (best engine, maybe the best AESA) and the best a2a performance --- I think best A/C for IAF
5. F16 IN and Mig 35 - F16 IN is a very good aircraft but won't offer many advantages against F16 and J10 of our neighbors. Mig 35 the cheapest in all cost reasons, but not ready yet, don't offer much new techs, will be pretty similar to Mki and more important will make IAF completely dependent on Russia --- For F-16 old and replacement start from 2015 when F-35 come & Mig-35 cheap but again depend on Russia is dangers for us and also no future for this A/c even Russia don’t buy this it is only help Russia & MIG cop. (don’t have any single order in his list) who fighting for his life .

I 100% agree with u..........I also said the same on this forum....but many Indians didnt like my words. May be they would like wt u said.

F-16 is not suitable for India as Pakistan already have.
F-18 is very good option but if USA agrees with TOT (Which I doubt they wil never coz at the moment its considered the best Naval support jet in the world.)

EF is best for India and I feel EF might win.

Mig is also good option, its cheap , IAF knows the phyche of jet and TOT wouldnt be an isssue. but India shouldnt go for Mig to ristrict themselves for only Russian technology. And there is another doubt that China might also share this jet in future as they did with SU30 which India will never like.

Rafale. I feel that India is not very much intrested in rafale coz different experts says that it might ask heavy upgradation cost.

Gripen NG its good jet but not ideal for India. May be it wins but it has lesser winning chances..

My judgment says that India will go for EU or Mig.

I 100% agree with u..........I also said the same on this forum....but many Indians didnt like my words. May be they would like wt u said.

F-16 is not suitable for India as Pakistan already have.
F-18 is very good option but if USA agrees with TOT (Which I doubt they wil never coz at the moment its considered the best Naval support jet in the world.)

EF is best for India and I feel EF might win.

Mig is also good option, its cheap , IAF knows the phyche of jet and TOT wouldnt be an isssue. but India shouldnt go for Mig to ristrict themselves for only Russian technology. And there is another doubt that China might also share this jet in future as they did with SU30 which India will never like.

Rafale. I feel that India is not very much intrested in rafale coz different experts says that it might ask heavy upgradation cost.

Gripen NG its good jet but not ideal for India. May be it wins but it has lesser winning chances..

My judgment says that India will go for EU or Mig.

I think it is like this
1. EF
2. F-18
3. Mig-35
4. Rafale
5. Gripen NG
6. F-16

EF is best but it's very expensive.I highly doubt it will be selected.It's between Rafale and F18 SH IMHO.Although India may order both F18 as well as Rafale.

there are chances we might go for - f16 with less number and a certain number of f-35 along with it.

But there has to be a big pressure from american side and indian politics.
because that deal is not suitable for india. we need numbers from this MRCA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom