What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
strong price negotiations are goingon there are some babus who want to change the decision. they are under influence of kick-back. But Mr anthoney is big obstacle. he is making sure that best get select . he wants a machine that can complement Su30 mki. it sound absurd to me, but this is what i got the information . And moreover its not the plane of my choice.
by 26 jan we all will know the dexision.

So it means its EF:pop:

Darn..IF EF has won, i seriously wish IAF will not have two air superiority fighters ...Rafale is a better platform, hope the best wins

Guys there is inside news that Eurofighter has won MMRCA. India will become a member of Eurofighter Consortium and will be the industrial partner producing all spare parts, avionics etc. Atleast 20,000 jobs will be created in India and there is chance of Full Transfer-of-Technology (ToT). :yahoo:

Checkout the Eurofighter website for updates. Also notice the Indian MMRCA banner there. :pop:

Guys there is inside news that Eurofighter has won MMRCA. India will become a member of Eurofighter Consortium and will be the industrial partner producing all spare parts, avionics etc. Atleast 20,000 jobs will be created in India and there is chance of Full Transfer-of-Technology (ToT). :yahoo:

Checkout the Eurofighter website for updates. Also notice the Indian MMRCA banner there. :pop:

That part is awesome, if true. Not only will we not have to depend on anybody for spares, we would actually be the suppliers to other countries. Sounds almost too good to be true.

If that is the case, Euro engine can be fitted into LCA-MKII

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

strong price negotiations are goingon there are some babus who want to change the decision. they are under influence of kick-back. But Mr anthoney is big obstacle. he is making sure that best get select . he wants a machine that can complement Su30 mki. it sound absurd to me, but this is what i got the information . And moreover its not the plane of my choice.
by 26 jan we all will know the dexision.

I'm so proud of him, he is from my state..

Darn..IF EF has won, i seriously wish IAF will not have two air superiority fighters ...Rafale is a better platform, hope the best wins

We already have two air superiority fighters - Mig 29 and Su 30MKI. The IAF uses the MKI in Air dominance mode but give me one reason why we cant use it for ground attack? It has huge payload, long range, lots of diff kind of weaponry available. We can upgrade half the MKI's to specialize in the ground attack (like we are doing for some - i.e. giving them brahmos and nirbhay etc) and upgrade the other half for air superiority only ( AESA, RCS reduction, newer BVR missiles like astra, R 77M1 or even meteor ). This will give us freedom to buy the EFT and use it for air superiority like it was meant to.

Guys who told you EFT is not good for air-to-ground superiority? EFT is pretty new and hasn't seen much action in battles. In Libya, there were not enough trained pilots to fly EFT (read wikipedia article) therefore Rafale was given the primary role of destroying ground targets. Specifications of EFT and Rafale are very similar, infact EFT is much better than Rafale in some areas eg: a more powerful AESA radar compared to smaller radar for Rafale and better avionics. So, Don't underestimate EFT.

Damn it,
I don't want EF to win.
If Rafale would win, then IAF would be the most beautiful AF in the whole world.[see SU 30mki and of course Rafale]

^^ I'd take deadly over beauty any day. Good thing is, in this case, the beauties are also deadly.

If that is the case, Euro engine can be fitted into LCA-MKII

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

even though mr Antony is not frm my state but i still like him. he is the a
I'm so proud of him, he is from my state..

i'm proud of mr Antony. He brought arjuna and LCA back. The dallas are pissed off of him.

We already have two air superiority fighters - Mig 29 and Su 30MKI. The IAF uses the MKI in Air dominance mode but give me one reason why we cant use it for ground attack? It has huge payload, long range, lots of diff kind of weaponry available. We can upgrade half the MKI's to specialize in the ground attack (like we are doing for some - i.e. giving them brahmos and nirbhay etc) and upgrade the other half for air superiority only ( AESA, RCS reduction, newer BVR missiles like astra, R 77M1 or even meteor ). This will give us freedom to buy the EFT and use it for air superiority like it was meant to.

i'll comment only after official release comes. i would try to solve your query.
1. All MiG29 are air superiority fighter.
2. Few Su30 MKIs are air superiority fighter.
3. rest MKIs are multirole. theyes are better ground attack fighter.
4.some mkis are dedicated for brahmos

so please don't worry.

Guys who told you EFT is not good for air-to-ground superiority? EFT is pretty new and hasn't seen much action in battles. In Libya, there were not enough trained pilots to fly EFT (read wikipedia article) therefore Rafale was given the primary role of destroying ground targets. Specifications of EFT and Rafale are very similar, infact EFT is much better than Rafale in some areas eg: a more powerful AESA radar compared to smaller radar for Rafale and better avionics. So, Don't underestimate EFT.

So much to the wiki and forum myth about EF and now to the facts:

- EF has only a single A2G weapon so far, which was too heavy to be used for most targets in Libya, that's why it couldn't be used much in A2G like other fighters
- EF has twin seat fighters mainly as trainers, that's why Tornados often provided laser guidance to help out the EF pilots
- EF has no AESA radar yet, demonstrator to be available by 2013, final version with A2A modes only by 2015
- Full A2G capabilities officially expected by UK government by 2018

Btw, the reason why there were so less pilots, trained for A2G was, that there are problems in the spare delivery and many EFs had to be canibalised to get others in flying condition.

MMRCA Rumors.

SOURCE: IDRW NEWS NETWORK:- As Decision on the winner of the MMRCA is coming closer

A crappy article that does nothing else than fuel the speculations. No matter which fighter will be selected, don't let you self fool by the media guys! They want to sell reports and that people talks about them, but when you look at it a bit closer you realise that it actually have not a single credible news in it. It is just talking about some rumors, without any real source and some made up points:

Why Eurofighter ?
Again according to rumors been in circulation...Weapons package was much cheaper compared to French arms package

Both fighters are offered with:

- METEOR
- Paveway LGB
- Scalp / Storm Shadow Cruise missile
- even Brimstone is now on offer for both

Not to forget that the EF weapon package currently has only A2A missiles + LGB and any other weapon that the Rafale already has, must be funded for integration by India first! The only cost advantage the EF has at the weaponpackage is for the SR missiles, where MICA IR is more expensive, since it was developed for short and medium range at once.

So when most of the main weapons are the same anyway and we have to add a lot of money to make EFs weapon package as good as Rafales today, how should it be cheaper? :disagree:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom