What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Srirangan@Nov 25 2005, 01:47 AM
Stealth, both these fighter acutely lack in stealth which is the hallmark of the F22 and the JSF programs, and also of projects like PAKFA.
[post=3629]Quoted post[/post]​
they do lack the levels of stealth in the f22, JSF, PAKFA, JXX but never the less they do have stealthy features...(not sure about the typhoon but the rafael sure does).

the 5th generation standards do not dictate the plane must be totaly invisible..that is imposible even the f22p has a rcs al be it a very small one. the stealth specific standard asks for the plane to be designed with stealth in mind and stealth to a certain extent.....and Active Radar Cancellation does exactly that.

The Typhoon's and Rafael's hardly match the F15's & F18E's. Why are you hell bent in comparing them with the likes of Raptor's?

Originally posted by Srirangan@Nov 25 2005, 01:57 AM
The Typhoon's and Rafael's hardly match the F15's & F18E's. Why are you hell bent in comparing them with the likes of Raptor's?
[post=3633]Quoted post[/post]​
the typhoons and rafales (not sure abt rafaels WVR) have better avionics and WVR then raptors never mind the f18/16 and 15s

Originally posted by Yahya@Nov 25 2005, 07:35 AM
the typhoons and rafales (not sure abt rafaels WVR) have better avionics and WVR then raptors never mind the f18/16 and 15s
[post=3635]Quoted post[/post]​
I'm not too sure. Could you post some sources? Thanks.

Originally posted by Srirangan@Nov 25 2005, 02:49 AM
I'm not too sure. Could you post some sources? Thanks.
[post=3638]Quoted post[/post]​
il post them later but be assured Typhoon pilots are able to sustain 12G manouvers easily and 8-10G manouvers endlessly!! (for minutes on end) due to their special G suites!!

:evil:
Originally posted by Yahya@Nov 24 2005, 09:02 PM
this would surge through the pakistani media in the next few days like a huricane and the peoples of pakistan would decide to get the F16s!!

so doent worry...the F16s are now confirmed!
[post=3601]Quoted post[/post]​

No offence.

They are confirmed for last 15 years or so.

God Knows when that day of deliverance will come I will go to the Ajmer Dargah and put a Chader on the shrine.

Miro

Originally posted by miroslav@Nov 25 2005, 03:19 PM
:evil:

No offence.

They are confirmed for last 15 years or so.

God Knows when that day of deliverance will come I will go to the Ajmer Dargah and put a Chader on the shrine.

Miro
[post=3696]Quoted post[/post]​

Since when is IAF saying that they are looking for MRCA?

15 years?

Originally posted by WebMaster@Nov 26 2005, 04:28 AM
Since when is IAF saying that they are looking for MRCA? 

15 years? 
[post=3704]Quoted post[/post]​

I think for last 4 years.

Also don't compare the two procurments. PAF had the confirmed mindset for the F-16's as there was no other choice that time and even this time.

Whereas IAF is gonna choose from 4-5 different jets, so obviously it is gonna take time for decision making.

Also not to forget we had a regime change in 2004 after the national elections. So the new Government with new policies might be thinking something different and something new.

As I am hearing rumours of buying 200 Aircrafts with split order.

Finally likewise PAF who has faced sanctions and economical problems IAF is not facing any of that kind.

Thanks,

Miro

Eurofighters join the race for combat aircraft

HUMA SIDDIQUI
Posted online: Friday, November 25, 2005 at 0132 hours IST

NEW DELHI, NOV 24: In a new twist to the Indian quest for the 126 medium range combat aircraft (MRCA), a fifth bidder has appeared on the scene nearly a year after the request for information were invited.
Officials attribute the sudden emergence of EADS offering its Eurofighter Typhoon for the prestigious Indian order as a strong bid to keep the American Lockheed Martin and Boeing out of contention.

Read the full story here.

Thanks,

Miro

Originally posted by Kaiser@Nov 24 2005, 01:34 AM
There's already to much different types of fighters,after the MRCA deal goes through India will likely have 10-12 different fighters. Imagine the cost,training,and maitenance for all those fighters.
Good point!

I understand.

Well IAF has these choices.
Gripen
Mig-35 (very unlikely)
Su-27
Mirage-2000-5
Typhoon (very unlikely)
F-16 (very unlikely)
F-18 (very unlikely)

Which one do you really think will be the best option for IAF in terms of its tactics, countering the enemy, as well as maintainance and cost of it.

Regards,
Ahsan F

Originally posted by miroslav@Nov 26 2005, 05:42 AM
I think for last 4 years.

Also don't compare the two procurments. PAF had the confirmed mindset for the F-16's as there was no other choice that time and even this time.

Whereas IAF is gonna choose from 4-5 different jets, so obviously it is gonna take time for decision making.

Also not to forget we had a regime change in 2004 after the national elections. So the new Government with new policies might be thinking something different and something new.

As I am hearing rumours of buying 200 Aircrafts with split order.

Finally likewise PAF who has faced sanctions and economical problems IAF is not facing any of that kind.

Thanks,

Miro
[post=3728]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by WebMaster@Nov 27 2005, 02:11 AM
I understand.

Gripen
Mig-35 (very unlikely)
Su-27
Mirage-2000-5
Typhoon (very unlikely)
F-16 (very unlikely)
F-18 (very unlikely)

[post=3811]Quoted post[/post]​

Sorry MiG-35 and or MiG-29SMT/OVT is not unlikely. Never underestimate the Russian lobby in the MoD of India. Also from where you got Su-27???

After having Su-30 MKI in 200 numbers I dont see a need of Su-27. Also never heared of that option for the MRCA's.

Which one do you really think will be the best option for IAF in terms of its tactics, countering the enemy, as well as maintainance and cost of it.

My personal choice is a split order of Mirages and MiG-35's.

You never know the actual cost but maintainance is not a problem for IAF.

We are overhauling MiG's and producing some of them for years.

Mirage overhauling facility has already established at Kanpur since 1998.

Thanks,

Miro

Miro dear,
Why are you so damn supporter of Mirages why? are mirage4k series is best fighters now days? why cant mig-35?

Originally posted by abhishek@Dec 6 2005, 02:42 PM
Miro dear,
Why are you so damn supporter of Mirages why?  are mirage4k series is best fighters now days? why cant mig-35?
[post=4483]Quoted post[/post]​

and who told you that Mirage-4K are the best???

The Frenchie's themselves dosent use it.

Here is some history: -

Dassault had no buyers for the big Mirage 4000 and it was mothballed for a few years, but pulled out of retirement in 1986 with a spiffy new desert camouflage scheme to be used as a test platform for the Rafale fighter. By 1995, however, it had taken up permanent residence as an exhibit at the Paris Air & Space Museum.

MiG-35 is not developed totally. We have to invest a much more time for the actual induction of 100+ crafts in case of split order.

Also not to forget the Russian spare supply problems.

Miro

WebMaster,Nov 26 2005, 10:11 PM

Gripen It is powered by American engines and more prone to sanctions. They may not supply spares in wartime.

Mig-35 (very unlikely) On the contrary likely. Its upgraded with new radar, better avionics and better engine. India has sizable number of these and can be upgraded. Also better manageable in terms of spares as navy will also operate them.

Su-27 No its too heavy for the intended role

Mirage-2000-5 Yes a good aircraft with good avionics, high wing loading and easy maintenance of engine backed by good reliability (unlike M 29 engine). Has proven itself in Kargil. But IAF might be looking for a scaled down version of Rafale or a highly upscaled version of M 2K. A recent report on M 4k seems to suggest that IAF may be interested in twin engine option.

Typhoon (very unlikely), F-16 (very unlikely) and F-18 (very unlikely) The experience of Navy with Seaking and Harrier upg was nasty. American stuff is good with its history of unreliable spares provider to Pak, Iran and recently Venezuela, IAF may not be keen on that

Mig 29(35) and M2K order may be with a split up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom