What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also not to forget the Russian spare supply problems.

What are the problems? Why can't it provide spare parts without difficulties?

Last edited:
Originally posted by WebMaster@Dec 7 2005, 01:24 AM
What are the problems? Why can't it provide spare parts without difficulties?

Regards,

[post=4520]Quoted post[/post]​

Russia's avionics industry was spreaded up all over the USSR back in good old days.

After collapse of Soviet Union all the factories were divided into different countries and due to lack of money there was no quality production and R&D etc.

For E.g: - Antonov main factory left in Ukraine and so on.

IAF had a very difficult time since 90's and our great MoD babu's started procuring spares from some Private firms etc which caused more damage.

If there is a purchase from Russia the ddeal should go like the Su-30 Programme where IAF dont have to depend anyone except HAL.

Thanks,

Miro

Last edited by a moderator:
Can any Indian members tell us if they hve any indication of when the order is going to be placed?

The RFP's have not been issued till now. So you never know.

I expect this discussion to continue for years to come. :P

I was thinking more in terms of decades.

I have been reading that the requirement was an issue in 1998 and that the Govt only issued the tenders in the last few years (I can't remember the exact date. 2003/4 I believe.) the question has to be asked....What the hell are they waiting for? The entire fleet to have crashed? It will take a few years for the order to be completed as well so there will be a shortfall until it is done. The longer they wait the longer this shortfall will be.

Wow, nice pics!
How many hardpoints does it have?

MiG 35 has 11 hardpoints.

RFP is expected to be out THIS YEAR itself.

I fcuking love MiG 35. Its by far the best thing in the MRCA contest. Only F/A-18E/F is a competitor, but i dont think its worth it going for F-18. Logistics, maintenance, training, manufacturing components etc, etc.

MiG 35 would be plug and play for India. Plus it would be superior to the Su-30MKI till Su also gets an AESA. It would lack the strike package of F-18 though when MKI'zed it would be made up with Israeli armaments.

Hello all,

Let’s analyse what will be India’s final pick in there future acquisition of fighter jets?
Are there any solid reasons of delay or its just negotiating techniques to get the best out of the deal?
At the end it will be one or two who gets the order but how does other suppliers exercise there options (if they have any!) considering the fact that India will not place any more orders for long time to come, perhaps no more procurement till 2030.
After this new procurement, how LCA will fit in IAF?
And really why; for the first time IAF is embarking on such a mass accumulation of destruction machines.
Last biggest strengthening of IAF was witnessed in 1963-64 and a war followed between India and Pakistan i.e. 1965. Would there be any similar quest trailing again?

http://ia.rediff.com/news/2005/sep/08war1.htm

Read that, Understand the real reason of 1965.

Procurement policy of India after 2020 cannot be predicted at this point of time and is a futile excersise.

Delay can be from the Nuke Deal, as well as other factors

Stregthening of Indian Airforce took place after 1962 war with China which had nothing to do with Pakistan

LCA will replace the Mig-21's
MMRCA (MiG-35/F-18/F-16/Gripen/Rafale/Eurofighter) will replace Mig-23/27

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom