What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which one, link, number?
Here it is ,
http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/4346-lca-news-discussions-167.html#post913839

Selsex with Mig 35? Sure, the latest European radar on a Russian fighter, nobody of them will agree to this!
Also I never said we need Selsex, the Vixen 1000, RBE 2 AA and Zhuk AE are possible options and would give commonality, so reduced costs. Personally I think the 2052 would be good, but I have doubts that we would get it in full capabilities, because it contends US parts and they not allowed the sale to be used in Gripen NG for IAF before. That also could be the reason why MoD now wants a co-debelopment partner, Elta can still help is such a development, even without the US parts, but in this case Russians and Europeans will be options too. With this radar competition we can chose which partner offers the most.

Don twist my post , read what i wrote . Don't jump on your own conclusion
Even if you buy Mig35 , with ZHuk-AE .
If LRDE wants Vixen1000 for LCAmk2 , it can tie up with Selex
and for that matter Elta/Zhuk anyone .
Why are you mixing LCAmk2 with MRCA as if only MRCA will decide will decide which radar will go into LCA.

This is what i wrote -
You have to ink a separate deal with Selex , simply buying Eurofighter from EADS dosen't gets you that . And you can tie up Selex eeven if you purchase Mig35 . No connection
Tell me why you need Selex so badly - E/L is much more better IMO.

does lca has open architechure ? , senior membors plz put some light!

Yes its an open architecture
Data-buses , Data-Transmission rate , processors , connectors all follow a std wrt to pins/data transfer

that is Mil-1553 std ,
same buses/pins will be in Missile connector or pods or any weapon/store .

You just need to modify the software source-codes that give direction for weapon controllers to perform a particular function .

Check this out - http://www.mil-1553.com/Excalibur08/index.asp
What hardware profile goes into making Mil-std1553

Thanks, it said:

So if their estimation is right, it must have 1/3 the RCS of a F16 for example, which is between 1 and 2 m². That means LCA should have a RCS of about 0.6m², or less and this is comparable to the RCS of the Eurocanards. Again one prove for LCAs potential!

Why are you mixing LCAmk2 with MRCA as if only MRCA will decide will decide which radar will go into LCA.

I answerd this before:

Also I never said we need Selsex, but Vixen 1000, RBE 2 AA and Zhuk AE are possible options and would give commonality, so reduced costs.

It means RCS of Tejas about 2m2 , you left the bracketed part .

The Tejas features,
the designers claim, are to be as follows:
– high maneuverability;
– multifunctionality;
– all-weather day and night capability;
– compatibility of cockpit instrumental equipment
with night vision goggles;
– low radar echo, which is one third of that of
similar size fighters (that is about 2 m2)

2m2 but dosen't give which aspect ,
an all avg aspect will differ from Frontal , Back aspect .
Which freq we are talking about an RCS of 1m2 at 1000Ghz , becomes 10 at 10000GHz

rcsz.jpg

It means RCS of Tejas about 2m2 , you left the bracketed part .

Read it again, please!

one third of that of similar size fighters (that is about 2 m2)

Similar size fighters that have a RCS of about 2m² and I gave an example for it in my last post, the F16!
PAFs new F16 block 52 are often quoted with a reduced RCS of 1.2m² and the older versions with higher.

Btw, I checked the news of EF weapon trials with German EFs and even in German forums they doubt that, because all A2G weapon that are integrated now are Paveway II, or EPW II bombs. The could also show drops of Paveway IV bombs, that is in the integrating stage but not much more. A2G missiles, JDAM, or anti ship missiles are still expected only for Tranche 3B, that might come beyond 2015 and if that is true EF for IAF would still be very limited in A2G.

Read it again, please!

low radar echo, which is one third of that of

Why would writer quote an un-calculated figure in article , when you know RCS and know 1/3 times . Simply calculate and write .

To confirm my point , i have written mail to air-fleet . Get back to you as soon as i get reply from them

Similar size fighters that have a RCS of about 2m² and I gave an example for it in my last post, the F16!
PAFs new F16 block 52 are often quoted with a reduced RCS of 1.2m² and the older versions with higher.

Source for PAF F16 having RCS 1.2m2 ,
I heard F16E UAE had 1.2-1.6m2

And similar aircraft could be Mirage2000 ,
Rafale is rumored to be 0.2-0.5m2 , certainly not better than Gripen .

Dassault claim 1/10 to 1/20 of rcs of mirage = Rafale .
Means Mirage could be 5m2 .
1/3 of Mirage = LCA , looks much more correct .

Btw, I checked the news of EF weapon trials with German EFs and even in German forums they doubt that, because all A2G weapon that are integrated now are Paveway II, or EPW II bombs. The could also show drops of Paveway IV bombs, that is in the integrating stage but not much more. A2G missiles, JDAM, or anti ship missiles are still expected only for Tranche 3B, that might come beyond 2015 and if that is true EF for IAF would still be very limited in A2G.

Thanks ,
All the more reason apart from Radar why Euro-fighter is the worst choice of all of them .

low radar echo, which is one third of that of

Why would writer quote an un-calculated figure in article , when you know RCS and know 1/3 times . Simply calculate and write .

Come on Prateek, now you want to argue with me about the way the author wrote?

The fact is the figure he gave is meant to similar fighters and the 1/3 was about LCA. Just think about it logical once again! Isn't LCA developed with a low RCS in mind similar to the Eurocanards?
Didn't they replaced reflecting metals with composites and integrated RAM coatings like the Eurocanards?
Didn't they use ducted air intakes like the Eurocanards?
So if it is desgined and developed similar like them, why should LCA have a RCS that is at least 4 times higher?

Honestly man, why are you so much argueing against LCA?

if the f 16 gotta rcs of 1m2, then why da hell lca rcs be any higher, lca is smaller than f 16 and 40% of body weight is of composites , and 90% of body surface area is of composites and on that it got all those ram even its air inlets are designed in a shape that they protect engine blades from radar waves !!!

meant to similar fighters

Could be , I said let's wait for mail .

By the way PAF-F16 Block52 RCS source plz .

And just to explain - I am not against LCA ,
Its just that you guys bring
LCA better than gripen , and
block2 = NG
Gripen will harm LCA
dosen't makes any sense .

Had that 126 Mirage2000 deal gone through , no-one would have questioned,why Mirages were bought
when Mirage = LCA or LCA better than Mirage . Similar fighters etc.....

Last post on this off-topic LCA vs Gripen in an MRCA thread
An interview with a LCA test Pilot
In the words of the TP who flew Tejas to Leh - "It will be far better platform than Mig21.. and as good as Mirage".. "Its endurance or range is slightly better than Mirage, with lesser fuel".. though I wanted to seek clarification on the second statement - i could not..
Link - http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/21893-lca-blk1-will-have-hybride-mmr-elta-320-a.html

Rest my point - Good night .
Plz - dont start Mirage vs Gripen

if the f 16 gotta rcs of 1m2

Source plz , of 1m2 .
On f16.net some claim F16E has 1.6m2 as its Frontal sector RCS in X band .
And how did they achieve it - Google "HAVE GLASS2 RCS reduction on F16 " and "Golden canopy treatment on F22/F16e/F35"

Source plz , of 1m2 .
On f16.net some claim F16E has 1.6m2 as its Frontal sector RCS in X band .
And how did they achieve it - Google "HAVE GLASS2 RCS reduction on F16 " and "Golden canopy treatment on F22/F16e/F35"

I, agree

Even if that is a true RCS , which i doubt it is.

Add weapons and pod and what ever reduction made becomes meaningless.

Most planes have the same ~RCS , when carrying weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom