What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first post is a sweet news not only for euro fighter lovers, but also for Gripen lovers,and for our nation too.if any European fighter choosen it will be an additional advantage.

The aim was not to make another MKI, but to have reliable supply lines, not to mention that it helped our developments too with know how and just like that we would benefit from MMRCA ToT too.
For example, we had problems with MMR and Kaveri engine, so if we get ToT of latest engines, or AESA radars, it will be easier for us to improve, or develop such things for MCA in future alone right?

Sancho. Bro please stop linking LCA, MCA with MRCA, if the TOT is assembaling engine lines for MKI and having self reliant on parts, then thats of no use and it wont help anyway. You are contradicting your own statements here.

Doesnt mean anything, we should send Bisons then, ohh even LCA.

It does mean , why is MKI easy to spot on radar for USAF than Mig21 .
Does Bisons or LCA have been certified rcs of 0.1 in clean config .

You want to win air-battle take a plane with
Agility
lowest RCS .
Better missile
You will win more engagements
Thats what Gripen offers in half-price .

tell me whats the meaning of supercruise for such small distances, I mean considering the distance we have to cover for our adversaries. and If they come to our land to fight a war, I dont see much value add by superscruise, unless you want to bomb Antarctica...

Gripen -
Combat radius: 800 km (500 mi, 432 nmi)
Ferry range: 3,200 km (2,000 mi) with Drop Tanks

Mig35-
Ferry range: 2,000 km (1,240 mi) / 3,000 km (1,860 mi) with 3 drop tanks

Want more , use force multiplier . How much area of enemy are we covering now ? ? ?
In case of war - where first engagement will occur , on Pak-Afg border or Pak-Ind border , and in that case a fighter with super-cruise has better Kinematic output to win battle.
If you didn't notice Super-cruise is giving you advantage of saving Afterburner fuel .

I dont see much value add by superscruise, unless you want to bomb Antarctica...
What was that
Want even more to reach Europe use Su-30

rafale-nimitz.jpg

MEDITERRANEAN SEA (June 4, 2010) A French navy Rafale F-3 fighter aircraft launches from the Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Harry S. Truman (CVN 75). Harry S. Truman is deployed as part of the Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group supporting maritime security operations and theater security cooperation efforts in the U.S. 5th and 6th Fleet areas of responsibility. (U.S. Navy photo by Ensign Dusan Ilic)

You want to win air-battle take a plane with
Agility
lowest RCS .
Better missile
You will win more engagements
Thats what Gripen offers in half-price .

Prateek we have enuff planes in IAF for air battles (MKI,Fulcrums,LCA,Bisons and in future PAKFA)---

What we need now is a genuine multirole strike aircraft with excellent A2G capabilities and a good A2A capability.

And i think the SH and Rafale satisfy these conditions better than Gripen.

And also by buying Rafale we can deny the Pakistanis avionics for their JF-17s and other contracts if we use it skilfully.

Buying a gripen offers none of these.

And as regards supercruise it is not of as much use in Indo-Pak scenario as it is made out to be.

Sancho. Bro please stop linking LCA, MCA with MRCA, if the TOT is assembaling engine lines for MKI and having self reliant on parts, then thats of no use and it wont help anyway. You are contradicting your own statements here.

Agreed.

A lot of people don't understand this. ToT gives you nothing in terms of fundamental research and knowledge behind the designs.

In ToT, you get that particular blueprint but nothing more than that. The fundamental science behind it comes to you only when you do it yourself.

Also, noone is a fool to sell you that research for just $10 Billion. When USA forced Russia not to transfer cryogenic technology to India in 1990's then, only a stupid and naive person will think that US company will be transferring same to India.

There is no shortage of naive western puppets in India. They actually believe in whatever Obama says. LOL!

And also by buying Rafale we can deny the Pakistanis avionics for their JF-17s and other contracts if we use it skilfully.

Buying a gripen offers none of these.

LOL.

You sound naive.

Buying an F-16 won't stop USA from selling or upgrading F-16 to Pakistan. Same is true with every other seller(except Russia).

You don't understand how Westerners think. Do you?

Indians are quite gullible. Most of them reason like you do and that's why they never understood till today that USA was full supporter of Pakistan's nuclear programme since early 1980's and same policy exists today irrespective of what surrender India offers to USA.

Problem is that, Indians sell themselves too cheap in the game. India has much better and bigger "leverages" in the game, than they are aware of.

As a small example, Indian domestic aircraft industry has crossed the critical phase and its now much closer to capability of making F-18's class of fighters on their own.

But key here is, "self-confidence" which Indians lack. They still prefer being a lapdog of West and wanna do this or that(buying RAfales) just to "please" others. How far Indians are ready to surrender? Tomorrow, if Sweden threatened to sell full-capable Gripen to Pakistan, will you start buying Gripen too? LOL!

That's not how it works, dear.

For a change, start thinking for yourself.

Last edited:
My understanding is super cruise is only possible in clean layout( i.e. no external weapons/fuel tanks) by both Gripen NG and Euro carnards.
pl let me know if this is possible by a clean Rafale

Hello guy i'm new on this forum
Itz really gud tu hear that ef2000 is gonna be cheaper , as it is da best (in air to air capabilities in curent form ) of da other mmrca jet , my second choice wud be mig 35.

Gripen is much better choice though I still prefer that IAF cut the order into half and fund the domestic R&D with rest of money.

10billion$ for imports, is waste of money. Some of it should be diverted to domestic R&D on future technologies in MCA.

Just check how much USAF spends on domestic technology R&D in American universities. It runs into Billions of $.

And how much technological research IAF funds in India? Zero. Because IAF has zero-size brains. They never plan for future and always end up "importing" forever.

My understanding is super cruise is only possible in clean layout( i.e. no external weapons/fuel tanks) by both Gripen NG and Euro carnards.
pl let me know if this is possible by a clean Rafale

i read on net on a gud site sayin dat raf hav said dat supercruise is possible in ef2k with combat load , sry cant pull u da link right now but i read it on a reputed one !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom