What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

BC kab ho gi ya deal????

Jab Modi apni Biwi k pas wapis Gharwapsi karay ga.....

Su-30MKI, as well as the great majority of Sukhoi 27/30/34/35 aircraft, are only using fuel tanks for ferry purposes.

On the other hand, Rafale's combat payloads always include two to three RPL 751, 2000 L fuel tanks, which are not reducing its ammunition payload capability (a typical deep strike configuration would be 6 MICA (or 4 MICA + 2 METEOR), 2 SCALP-EG and 3 RPL 751 (or 3 SCALP + 2 RPL 751), giving it a unmatched range for such a payload.

The Rafale can also carry RPL 701, 1250 L tanks, which allow supersonic speeds, mainly for air superiority missions.

Wednesday, March 4th, the French President visited the Mérignac Dassault Aviation site where he was welcomed by Eric Trappier, Serge Dassault, Charles Edelstenne and Olivier Dassault.

Accompanied by Jean-Yves Le Drian, French Defence Minister, François Hollande was notably shown the Rafale production line as well as the latest technological innovations in terms of support.

The head of state, also Chief of the French Armed Forces, gave a speech to the staff, local dignitaries, military authorities and the press.

François Hollande then met with engineers, foremen and workers.

Speaking just a few days after signing the first Rafale export contract, this unprecedented event for the company represents an exceptional new moment in the history of Dassault Aviation.

vide.gif
GetFile

GetFile
GetFile
GetFile
GetFile
GetFile
GetFile

why has Rafale deal increased from 10 bil to 20 bil ?
Have the size of the kickbacks rocketed ? Or the french being greedy ?

No final decision yet on Rafale aircraft deal: Govt | Zee News
Last Updated: Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 15:34

New Delhi: Negotiation is taking place for procurement of medium multi-role combat aircraft from Dassault Aviation France but "no final decision" has been taken, the government informed the Rajya Sabha on Tuesday.

Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar also said review of existing fleet and induction of new aircraft is a continuous process and such a review is carried out keeping in view the operational requirements of the Air Force.

On whether fifth-generation fighter aircraft (FGFA) are in place for the Indian Air Force to have superior air strike capabilities, he replied in a negative.

French Defence Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian had last month held talks here with Parrikar to salvage the multi-billion Rafale contract even as a deadlock continues to hold up the deal.

As the two ministers met, the Cost Negotiating Committee (CNC) is understood to have submitted its report to the Ministry of Defence.

Le Drian met with Parrikar during which the French Minister took up the issue of the Rafale fighters manufactured by Dassault Aviation.

India had selected Rafale for the deal in 2012 but the final contract is yet to be signed. While 18 jets are to be bought off the shelf, 108 are supposed to be manufactured here by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).

The main issue concerns the pricing, which is basically the production cost in India, and Dassault's reluctance to stand guarantee for the 108 fighters to be built by state-run HAL.

PTI

range of Su30 is around 3000km without EFTs
if you add EFTs the range might even increase further but usually we havenot seen them in action with EFTs
I don't think it has any wet points.
but rafale range with 3 EFTS are cited 3700km +
rafale's exact range is classified but having 3 x 2000 l fuel tanks on your plane thats quite a lot of fuel
if you add Conformal fuel tanks to it the range would increase even further

so range of rafale with 3 x 2000L EFTS & with 2 CFTS theoritaclly can be almost 3 times of the su 30 without EFTS
That's incredibly wrong.
The two CFT's are only 1150 litre (each), no bloody way can it make it anywhere near 9000 KM when with 5750 litres of internal and 6000 litres of External, it can only go 3700KM.
Without accounting for the increased weight and drag by the 2 CFT's and 2 x 1250 litre supersonic tank (because I really don't know how to do it) in addition to the above, we get a max range of 5211 kilometer. It will be even lower in reality of course

all jets have wet points but Su30mki is a large plane with larger internal fuel

That's incredibly wrong.
The two CFT's are only 1150 litre (each), no bloody way can it make it anywhere near 9000 KM when with 5750 litres of internal and 6000 litres of External, it can only go 3700KM.
Without accounting for the increased weight and drag by the 2 CFT's and 2 x 1250 litre supersonic tank (because I really don't know how to do it) in addition to the above, we get a max range of 5211 kilometer. It will be even lower in reality of course

the claim was almost thrice if not exactly near 9000km

the exact value would be around 7000km+ more than twice should have been accurate

yes almost thrice claims looks bit deceiving & exaggerated

& few points you have missed
check the wiki sources it says 3700km + not 3700km with 3 EFTS

& those are 3x 2000l EFTS not 2x1250 L according to you

plus CFT can increase the range by about 25% from 5500km range of rafale with 3 EFTS of 2000l
it would give a range of around 7000km & even higher but not greater than 7500km for sure

CHEERS

That's incredibly wrong.
you can find data on combat radius on the brazilian site defesanet. And there are two types of tanks : one subsonic (although they have been pushed to Mach 1.2) of 2000L and one supersonic of 1250L.

Terms Non-Negotiable On MMRCA Rafale Deal; Indian MoD
Source : Our Bureau ~ Dated : Wednesday, March 18, 2015 @ 09:03 AM
Indian Defense Minister, Manohar Parrikar on Tuesday made it clear to the French Government that there would be no compromise on the costs and Request For Proposal (RFP) of the purchase of Dassault Rafale Multi Medium Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA).

“We have conveyed our stand to them very clearly. No terms are negotiable and they (French Government) have to make up their mind as to whether they can do it or not. We can’t keep on waiting,” Parrikar said. “The Ministry will think of strengthening the existing fleet of Su-30Mki in case the deadlock continues.”

Parrikar had earlier last week said, “Rafale deal is not through or final. If it is at all finalized in future, it will take time. I would not like to comment on it as it is still in the negotiation stage,” he said during the lower house session.”

"I am waiting the Contract Negotiation Committee (CNC) report and until the detailed report is submitted, I will be unable to comment on the MMRCA aircraft acquisition. I have asked the CNC to expedite the report. The report is expected in March if not February. It is essential for the ministry to make a final decision about the deal,” Parrikar had said during the Aero India Airshow last month.

The cost of the program was $12 billion when the initial tender was floated in 2007. The price shot up to $18 billion when Dassault won the contract as the lowest bidder in January 2012.

The transfer of technology, life cycle costs and creating assembly line might finally cross $20 billion.

The government may find it difficult to justify a nearly 80% price hike for the Rafale jets to the Indian parliament. In the past, the accounting watchdog, the Comptroller and auditor general (CAG) has criticized the government for its fiscal conduct while concluding defense deals.

all jets have wet points but Su30mki is a large plane with larger internal fuel

the claim was almost thrice if not exactly near 9000km

the exact value would be around 7000km+ more than twice should have been accurate

yes almost thrice claims looks bit deceiving & exaggerated

plus CFT can increase the range by about 25% from 5500km range of rafale with 3 EFTS of 2000l
it would give a range of around 7000km & even higher but not greater than 7500km for sure

CHEERS
This is so annoying.

I didn't miss nothing, you're the one who jumped the gun.
So? That allows you to assume it 5500km? What nonsense. Bring official sources that put it so and then talk.
According to me its CFT (2x1150L) + 2x1250L + 3x2000L (+ 5750L internal). If only you actually bothered to read what you quote
'2 CFT's and 2 x 1250 litre supersonic tank (because I really don't know how to do it) in addition to the above
Stop smoking whatever you weed you got there. CFT only add a minor 2300L fuel. That is about 16% increase in fuel with the concurrent increase in weight and drag..

Now, children FOCUS
With 5750L internal and 6000L external, we derive 3700Km, i.e 0.31489361702127659574468085106383L per kilometer. Adding 2x1250L and 2x1150L, we get a total of 16550L multiplied by this ^^ equal to 5211 kilometers
This is not really correct as the plane likely uses afterburners on takeoff from some runways (considering its a very low-bypass turbofan{coz M-88 are super-cruise capable}) and uptil it reaches cruise speed. This will positively affect Km/L, however its more than offset by not including drag and weight (and weight induced drag) penalties of the extra tanks. Hence actual range is even lower.

Last edited:
Parrikar said. “The Ministry will think of strengthening the existing fleet of Su-30Mki in case the deadlock continues.”

“Rafale deal is not through or final.

If it is at all finalized in future, it will take time.

The cost of the program was $12 billion shot up to $18 billion in January 2012 and will finally cross $20 billion.

So thats all folks. No need to say any thing else

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom