What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

IAF won't share details on Rafale deal

Public revelation of the information on the deal may lead to its subsequent availability to our adversaries, the IAF said in reply to an RTI query.
Details of the agreement signed between Indian and French authorities regarding supply of 36 Rafale aircraft cannot be disclosed as they are confidential in nature, the Air Force has said.

An Inter-Governmental Agreement was signed between the governments of India and France on September 23, 2016 for supply of the Rafale aircraft, initial consignment of weapons, longterm maintenance support through performance-based logistics, simulators with annual maintenance and associated equipment.

Replying to an RTI query, the Air Force said the details are held by it in fiduciary capacity.

The information sought is confidential in nature and public revelation of the same may lead to its subsequent availability to our adversaries, it said.

“Further, the information sought is also held in fiduciary capacity and no larger public interest is served by disclosure of such information. Hence, the same is denied,” the Air Force said in reply to the application filed by PTI.

The Defence Ministry was asked to provide copies of the agreement and price of the Rafale deal. The query was then forwarded to the Air Force for providing the reply.

The delivery of 36 Rafale aircraft, weapons and associated equipment to India will commence from September 2019. The deliveries are spread over two and half years, with the last aircraft delivery scheduled in April 2022.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...re-details-of-Rafale-deal/article17197242.ece

rafale-jetfighter_d6ceb226-eb62-11e6-93cc-bb55973994db.jpg

The delivery of 36 Rafale aircraft, weapons and associated equipment to India will commence from September 2019.(AP File Photo)

Updated: Feb 05, 2017 10:59 IST
http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...rafale-deal/story-Fdw0vSK5KnAs6CjwesIXiI.html

Details of the agreement signed between Indian and French authorities regarding supply of 36 Rafale aircraft cannot be disclosed as they are confidential in nature, the Air Force has said.

An Inter-Governmental Agreement was signed between the governments of India and France on September 23, 2016 for supply of the Rafale aircraft, initial consignment of weapons, long-term maintenance support through performance-based logistics, simulators with annual maintenance and associated equipment.

Replying to an RTI query, the Air Force said the details are held by it in fiduciary capacity.

The information sought is confidential in nature and public revelation of the same may lead to its subsequent availability to our adversaries, it said.

“Further, the information sought is also held in fiduciary capacity and no larger public interest is served by disclosure of such information. Hence, the same is denied,” the Air Force said in reply to the application filed by PTI.

The Defence Ministry was asked to provide copies of the agreement and price of the Rafale deal. The query was then forwarded to the Air Force for providing the reply.

The delivery of 36 Rafale aircraft, weapons and associated equipment to India will commence from September 2019. The deliveries are spread over two and half years, with the last aircraft delivery scheduled in April 2022.

September 2019, that's a long time away!

I thought to myself, if I was an Indian, I'd be starved for
anything about my new plane.

Then I thought to myself, I'm French; I can help with fighting
that particular starvation. So I went to get you a pair of pics
with a top & bottom view of a Rafale, well of 2 Rafales as the
loads are different, from week of Jan 25 to Feb 1 in Chammal.

2017_ajod_036_001_008-copie.jpg

2017_ajod_036_001_020-2-copie.jpg

Click us!
Really, click us you should, young Jedi!
I put them in thumbnail because they're really big.
Right-click them in a new window and click again.
Check out all the goodies and choose your favorite!

All rights are from the MinDef Fr. So it fits a GtoG deal? ;)

Great day all, Tay.

Last edited:
rafale-jetfighter_d6ceb226-eb62-11e6-93cc-bb55973994db.jpg

The delivery of 36 Rafale aircraft, weapons and associated equipment to India will commence from September 2019.(AP File Photo)

Updated: Feb 05, 2017 10:59 IST
http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...rafale-deal/story-Fdw0vSK5KnAs6CjwesIXiI.html

An Inter-Governmental Agreement was signed between the governments of India and France on September 23, 2016 for supply of the Rafale aircraft, initial consignment of weapons, long-term maintenance support through performance-based logistics, simulators with annual maintenance and associated equipment.

Deliveries will commence in the first quarter of 2019, this is typical lazy journalism of the Indian media- Sept 2016 + 36 months= Sept 2019 but it is already speculated from the French side that Dassualt are targetting <30 months.

So AeroIndia 2017 just ended and from that thread, I took out
this pic found by Abingdon :

Can anyone tell me what easily spottable difference is found here
if you compare with an image of the Rafale when it won MMRCA?

Hint : It was first showed at the first TEI in December 2015.

French members are asked not to take part in that quiz, OFC.

Read you soon, Tay.

Last edited:

if you compare with an image of The Rafale when it won MMRCA?

Read you soon, Tay.
Would take a guess and say the absence of the pilot tube on the nose, Thus indicating that this frame is fitted with the AESA Radar (either an upgrade of existing frame or an all new frame)

Nope, that's an old change already, from 2013!
What we're looking for is a year old and not even
present on all Rafales made since.

Almost mate but keep looking, Tay.

if you compare with an image of The Rafale when it won MMRCA?

Read you soon, Tay.

Sir, couple of sensors/gadgets on intakes? Would you like to tell a bit about the same.

Regards,

AH! They're certainly not gadgets but OK, what did you
find different about them, my good mate?

8-) Tay.

If I am not wrong Sir, spectra sensors were previously shown on Top front, top left/right close to canard area but not on Intakes. Or pardon me if I am missing the point here.

Regards,

Ah, shucks! Close but no cigar!

There were always Spectra elements in the air intakes
as well as on the canard sporting bulge!

The one by the canard is an GaN emitter and the one
on the intakes a RadarWarningReceiver.

Keep at it though, you're close, Tay.

Ah, shucks! Close but no cigar!

There were always Spectra elements in the air intakes
as well as on the canard sporting bulge!

The one by the canard is an GaN emitter and the one
on the intakes a RadarWarningReceiver.

Keep at it though, you're close, Tay.

LOL.... getting the same Info that the

Rafale F3Rs features software enhancements to make full use of the RBE2-AA radar, Meteor long range air-to-air missile integration, SBU-64 dual mode laser/GPS AASM smart bomb integration, improvements to Thales SPECTRA self-defence system, an Identification Friend or Foe interrogator/transponder with full Mode-5/ Mode-S-compatibility

But Nothing Visually that can we can see :P

Back
Top Bottom