What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

Please help me to understand...What does it make difference ...?? 23rd or 26th...???

23rd is not an auspicious day. They could have easily selected 25th or 26th instead. I am surprised that BJP has selected it. It cannot be a case of oversight from a Hindu leaning party like BJP and seems to be intentional.

If RAFALE deal is signed 23rd I foresee that RAFALEs would be akin to cursed astras in the hands of Karna.

Very unfortunate after such a long wait.... All hope in RAFALEs is now dead on arrival.

The source of this news is a defence official who does not wants to be named..

If you check google news, you will see reuters repprting which concedes such internally "sourced" news has been leaked many times before but nothing happened...

Lets see ... 21st is not far...

I really hope this news is true

I was hoping they would hurry up with the signing already , after all we are all waiting for those design documents on the BBC

Nothing like waking up in the morning to fresh English biscuits , tea and the freshly printed manual , "How to build a Rafale!".

Going thru manuals is difficult ask , at least never can be achieved in a single sitting of morning tea. I do always recommend my peers ample amount of time. As each page promises to be an adventure. An adventure into the unknown world of French secret technology, leaked by Indians.

I am just thinking ahead , perhaps I could speed things up if I called in a few jolly friends from the office to help explain all these fancy pictures and diagrams.

If deal is signed up by September , I imagine we can expect the full leak by December? If the deal is signed early I could perhaps cancel plans for my December vacation. Just so that I can get that extra scoop on the first edition leaks.
Good. You should start with moped, car and railway engines with morning tea. You should rescue your railways which are losing imported locomotives. CPEC will bring rafale production in Pakistan and France has also requested for CPEC membership.

Isn't it amazing, in the time that India has merely managed to sign a deal; China and Pakistan have managed to design, produce, test and reach the production of block-II phase of a completely new fighter jet.........and by the time the deliveries of Rafales will start, Block-III will be round the corner....I think this deal does not have the same benefit for India as would have been 10-years ago...

Comparing a fourth generation fighter with Rafale is stupidity. You have forgotten by the time JF-17 block III arrive France will also bring more advance version of already deadly Rafale F3R2.so India will have the advantage unless you can induct more advance something.

23rd is not an auspicious day. They could have easily selected 25th or 26th instead. I am surprised that BJP has selected it. It cannot be a case of oversight from a Hindu leaning party like BJP and seems to be intentional.

If RAFALE deal is signed 23rd I foresee that RAFALEs would be akin to cursed astras in the hands of Karna.

Very unfortunate after such a long wait.... All hope in RAFALEs is now dead on arrival.
Wrong Modi is a cunning Hindu, baniya who wants to spread hinduism all over the world secretly, even through this deals. Don't get it? Lemme show you.
The date selected is 23.
Now, what is 2x3? its 6.
Number of Rafales India is buying? 36. Also a multiple of 6.
R-A-F-A-L-E has also 6 words in it.
Now Modi wants to even the deal with French Pm holande. Focus on the word EVEN.Also India brought the LOWEST number of rafales.
So, whats the lowest even multiple of 6? its 2. Its important you remember this number.
Now see the overall picture.
23, is nothing but separate number 2 and 3, which if rearranged will form into something like this.
Excuse my drawing.
Screen_Shot_2016_09_16_at_7_55_25_AM.jpg

Remember number 2 and I told you its important. Yes, 2 according to the vedic numerolgy is the number for MOON.
Now guess what the complete picture if properly redrawn looks like?
Again, do excuse my drawing.
Screen_Shot_2016_09_16_at_7_59_00_AM.jpg

Hell ya, its a symbol of AUM.
See, how Modi manipulated the entire deal into spreading hinduism all over the world?

Wrong Modi is a cunning Hindu, baniya who wants to spread hinduism all over the world secretly, even through this deals. Don't get it? Lemme show you.
The date selected is 23.
Now, what is 2x3? its 6.
Now Modi wants to even the deal with French Pm holande. Focus on the word EVEN.Also India brought the LOWEST number of rafales.
So, whats the lowest even multiple of 6? its 2. Its important you remember this number.
23, is nothing but separate number 2 and 3, which if rearranged will form into something like this.
Excuse my drawing.

Remember number 2 and I told you its important. Yes, 2 according to the vedic numerolgy is the number for MOON.

See, how Modi manipulated the entire deal into spreading hinduism all over the world?

Very nice ...

The date selected is 23.
Now, what is 2x3? its 6.
Excuse my drawing.

That's real funny. Smart & funny.

Isn't it amazing, in the time that India has merely managed to sign a deal; China and Pakistan have managed to design, produce, test and reach the production of block-II phase of a completely new fighter jet.........and by the time the deliveries of Rafales will start, Block-III will be round the corner....I think this deal does not have the same benefit for India as would have been 10-years ago...
So you are comparing Rafale with JF-17. Anyway how many aircrafts did you Inducted in last 10-12 years? India Inducted 200+ Su-30MKIs. Its not like we were sitting idle with or without Rafale.

The date selected is 23.
Now, what is 2x3? its 6.
Excuse my drawing.

Nothing new in this ...many Indian used to do such type of calculation for some important activity ...Even I believe...One more point would like to add here...number 9 is very important ...So ..36 Rafale India is going to order ... 3+6=9.... rest follow on order will be 90...99 or 101...An Example....
India orders 99 GE F414 engines for Tejas fighter jet

Nothing new in this ...many Indian used to do such type of calculation for some important activity ...Even I believe...One more point would like to add here...number 9 is very important ...So ..36 Rafale India is going to order ... 3+6=9.... rest follow on order will be 90...99 or 101...
I agree with you Senpai

French Defence Minister arriving to ink Rafale deal

COMMENT · PRINT · T T

Rafale_2712851f.jpg

Reuters

TOPICS
defence
military equipment

politics
defence

India and France held several rounds of tough negotiations after Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the decision for direct purchase of 36 Rafale jets.

French Defence Minister Jean Yves Le Drian is likely to visit India next week to conclude the Inter-Governmental Agreement (IGA) between India and France for the purchase of 36 Rafale fighter jets, bringing to an end the 17-month-long negotiations.

Mr. Drian is expected in Delhi on September 23 to conclude the IGA, official sources said on Thursday.

Official sources had earlier said that the draft of the IGA was being finalised after which it would go to the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) for a formal clearance.

Tough negotiations

India and France held several rounds of tough negotiations after Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the decision for direct purchase of as many as 36 Rafale jets in fly away condition in April 2014.

The final deal is expected to cost about Euro 7.87 billion translating to over Rs. 55,000 crore depending on the currency fixation in the contract.

The aircraft will be slightly customised as per the requirements of the Indian Air Force (IAF) and deliveries will begin in 2019 with sovereign guarantee by French government.

Rafale was originally selected under the Medium Multi-Role combat Aircraft (MMRCA) contest for 126 aircraft but the tender was subsequently withdrawn with no resolution in sight.

Well JF 17 is a great achievement of Pakistan along with the help of China, I am not taking that away from you. It is a very good fighter capable of BVR and smart munitions and above all it is sanction free. But the problem with India is it is not a valid fighter in the present scenario that we are in. We need a fighter that has the reach and can execute more missions with longer time on air. The JF 17 suits Pakistan because of the smaller size of the country and can reach anywhere quickly..but India being a large country we need a mix of fighters to have the reach. We also have a large area in the Arabian sea and Indian Ocean to Patrol and police.

A fighter like JF 17 in India will be mostly used for point defence and not as a multirole aircraft. The Load carried by JF 17 is much smaller compared to the Rafale or the Mirage and hence it is not suitable for our air force.

The Rafale holds as much relevance as the Eurofighter typhoon even till 2050. India might be procuring the F3 variant along with the SPECTRA EW suite.

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/india-to-pay-7-87-billion-euros-for-36-rafale-fighters-1459175

rafale-jet_650x400_61457614601.jpg

NEW DELHI:
HIGHLIGHTS
  1. India and France will sign the Rafale fighter jet deal on September 23
  2. India decided to buy the jets a decade ago; Deal worth 7.87 billion Euros
  3. Along with the 36 fighters, India will also get spares and weaponry

More than a decade after India decided to purchase a new line of fighter aircraft, it is now official. On September 23rd, India will sign a deal for 36 Rafale fighters with France for about 7.87 billion Euros, sources have told NDTV.

Along with the 36 fighters, India will also get spares and weaponry, including the Meteor missile, considered among the most advanced in the world.

Of the 7.87 billion Euros, about 50 per cent will be covered under offset, which means either France will reinvest this amount in India or source equipment of this value from India.

French Defence Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian will be in India for the signing of the deal.

An Inter-Governmental Agreement between India and France allows for a follow on order of Rafale fighters with a 10 per cent cost escalation. The government claims that it has brought down the price by about 600 million Euros from the initial demand.

The deal could not be signed this January when French President Francois Hollande was the Chief Guest for the Republic Day because India wanted a better price.

Negotiations went on till 2 am on January 26, but an agreement on price could not be reached then. India and France agreed to sign a general agreement without naming the price.

For the Indian Air Force, the deal is bitter-sweet. On one hand, they will be getting two squadrons of the state-of-the-art fighter, on the other hand, the original requirement was for at least 126 jets.

India needs at least 42 squadrons of fighters and has an existing strength of 32. The fighter fleet will go down further by about 10 squadrons as the MiG-21 fighter will have to be decommissioned.

The new fighters will begin entering service in 2019.

Good observation. :tup:
Yes he is a Bengali. Now that it's confirmed that it's not a French word, I'll wait for his reply.
I think the dude meant "prakshepan-astra" meaning missile in sanskrit.

I am totally disappointed with the selection of this date. I pray that better sense prevails and they change the date to 25th or 26th instead.
C'mon guys, no need to be so superstitious..

Back
Top Bottom