What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

Why can't just have a simple exoskeleton support from the shoulders? Will the movements get hindered? Like during ejection the support becomes rigid, that way won't hinder the pilots during normal times..
It is more weight .

I am not saying full suit type. Just some rods transferring the weight from neck to shoulders. It's the neck that is the weakest link. Still won't work?

The weight increases by 11 times in case of Rafale, 7-9 times in case of the F-35. And the Rafale pilot has to sustain those Gs for longer periods of time.

Exoskeleton tech has not come up to that level yet. Every gram matters.

It's better to reduce the weight of the helmet.

Exoskeleton tech has not come up to that level yet.

:lol: Oh f*ck my adherence to classified information handling laws.

I work in this field, we've gone far beyond this:

DARPA_Exosuit.jpg

Warrior_Web_Boston_Dynamics_sent.jpg

Marecki-Running-Exoskeleton.jpg

You might know more about aviation then I ever gave enough craps about to know, but I'm pretty damn good with this particular subject. Yes, we have progressed to a point that we can reduce the weight bearing load on a pilot's shoulders (or back or areas of necessity) without causing undo stress upon, say ejection. But what's the needo_O? It's a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.

Might dig up a few of my old threads on the matter for you:partay:.

:lol: Oh f*ck my adherence to classified information handling laws.

I work in this field, we've gone far beyond this:

DARPA_Exosuit.jpg

Warrior_Web_Boston_Dynamics_sent.jpg

Marecki-Running-Exoskeleton.jpg

You might know more about aviation then I ever gave enough craps about to know, but I'm pretty damn good with this particular subject. Yes, we have progressed to a point that we can reduce the weight bearing load on a pilot's shoulders (or back or areas of necessity) without causing undo stress upon, say ejection. But what's the needo_O? It's a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.

Might dig up a few of my old threads on the matter for you:partay:.

Now integrate this with a G-suit and space suit and make it as light as a feather. And the joints should be able to handle up to 16G, I think that's easy, but the weight increase should be minimal.

A 1Kg exoskeleton will increase to 11Kg during flight when a Rafale performs at its limits. And a helmet that weighs 1.3Kg is going to add 14.3Kg on his neck.

So when he ejects at 20G, the combined weight of the exoskeleton and the helmet on the body will be humongous, while his body probably weighs over a ton during ejection. During ejection, the exoskeleton will only serve to add more weight to the pilot, maybe even by 30%.

If you are able to combine an exoskeleton and a G-suit with a max weight of 1.2-1.5Kg while also making it very comfortable at very reasonable prices, then it is realistic for combat pilots to have such suits. Today's G-suits weigh less than 1.4Kg.

But what's the needo_O? It's a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.

Then you can stick more electronics into his helmet making it easier to access information, that reduces the weight of the cockpit.

Of course, the idea is to remove the pilot completely, making this discussion irrelevant.

The weight increases by 11 times in case of Rafale, 7-9 times in case of the F-35. And the Rafale pilot has to sustain those Gs for longer periods of time.

Exoskeleton tech has not come up to that level yet. Every gram matters.

It's better to reduce the weight of the helmet.
In the case of F35 : more 7.5G than 9 !!!
9G is a fantasm for F35 engineers.

F-35A can do 9G, only F-35B and C are at 7G and 7.5G.
Not so far.
Only read max 7.6G.

But it's not important. This plane only need a Tornado handling capacity, as it can look and kill the ennemy even before they take off ...:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom