What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

I think Gripen would be a good fit for Vietnam.

Gripen-D.jpg

However Vietnam Negotiating for Rafale or Gripen seems fake news to me, but if so, they should go for Rafale if the number is 12 birds.

However Vietnam Negotiating for Rafale or Gripen seems fake news to me, but if so, they should go for Rafale if the number is 12 birds.

Pretty sure Vietnam is looking for a light fighter. If Vietnam can get a good deal for the Gripen they should go for it. Rafale is good, but Gripen is a smart fighter and I think it can outsmart the Chinese fighters :D

o_O :cheesy:

... then they should go for Death Stars!
View attachment 301969
Anything less won't cut it! :whistle:

8-) Tay.

Few nukes can do the jobs :china::china:

Might be possible french lost the count during the nuclear test in South Pacific Ocean :cheers:

Pretty sure Vietnam is looking for a light fighter. If Vietnam can get a good for the Gripen they should go for it. Rafale is good, but Gripen is a smart fighter and I think it can outsmart the Chinese fighters :D

1. Vietnam had very good relationship with India.
2. India and Vietnam have SU-30
3. India and Vietnam have Mig 21 and looking for Replacement.
4. India and Vietnam have a Big neigbour People Republic of China.
5. India have already selected Rafale. Vietnam yet too.

However it will depend on how Vietnami thinks, and what is their doctrine. .

Might be possible french lost the count during the nuclear test in South Pacific Ocean :cheers:

We should convince them for going nuclear,nd shold assist them in devoloping nukes & missile.

It would be nice if Vietnam can piggy back on the Indian Rafale deal and add some jets as part of the same deal, but that's probably asking too much.

Pretty sure Vietnam is looking for a light fighter. If Vietnam can get a good deal for the Gripen they should go for it. Rafale is good, but Gripen is a smart fighter and I think it can outsmart the Chinese fighters :D

You are right, but the issue for Vietnam is the American engines,

I see Vietnam going increasingly with weapon systems that have been selected by India.
Russia did some statements a few days ago in support of the chinese claims in SCS and Vietnam issued official statements complaining about that which is quite unusual considering their close relationship, so Vietnam needs to diversify.

Too short legs. And Vietnam want to show some muscles over China, specially about some islands.

Yes, Vietnam needs something like a combat radius of 1000 km plus in order to cover the full Spratlys.

Last edited:
Too short legs.
And Vietnam want to show some muscles over China, specially about some islands, so Gripen a little bit short.
If not, Gripen is a nice light fighter.

it's got legs not Rafale legs but not too bad.

gripen-ng-2.jpg

in this config two WVR missile, two BVR missiles, four anti ship missiles, and two giant drop tanks1700 liters

gripen-ng-2.jpg

in this config two WVR missile, two BVR missiles, four anti ship missiles, and two giant drop tanks1700 liters

THAT is just Amazing.

gripen-ng-2.jpg

Nice, what's the combat radius in this configuration?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom