What's new

dassault mirage 2000-5 mk2...............similar to indian upgraded mirage 2000,,details

the problem

"even if the Mirage 2000H/THs are to receive a brand-new open-architecture mission/cockpit avionics suite and see their airframes being refurbished and re-lifed to stay in airworthy condition for the next 20 years, they still will not be able to remain flyable till 2038 (due to the 35-year guaranteed service-life warranty issued by Dassault Aviation) simply because the existing SNECMA Moteurs-built M53P2 turbofans would have reached the end of their certified total technical service lives (TTSL) by 2029."

@Abingdonboy
@Dillinger
@janon

TTSL extension is an ongoing process, one of the little known aspects of the upgrade. We are not re-lifing the AC nor increasing the TBO of the engine but TTSL extension was the first thing that was sorted out. 
i am sorry but when u are paying this much why not pay 3-4 million to change the engines??
they are already 25 years old and there have been 2 crashes recently too!!

by the way the equipment thats there in upgrade is at the most 10-12 million,notmore

TTSL extension will occur wherever required but the Mirages will not serve beyond 30-35.

TTSL extension is an ongoing process, one of the little known aspects of the upgrade. We are not re-lifing the AC nor increasing the TBO of the engine but TTSL extension was the first thing that was sorted out.

anyways good if they looked into the matter but this upgrade is just ok,,nothing more

can anybody know what is the price of 2nd hand uae mirage which they what to sell.

TTSL extension will occur wherever required but the Mirages will not serve beyond 30-35.
i don't think so
by that account they will be retired in 2020-2025??

wtf?? 

i don't think so

wtf??

anyways good if they looked into the matter but this upgrade is just ok,,nothing more

Well it isn't a Rafale that's for sure. Btw have you done what was asked of you yesterday? I am waiting for you to spot your own mistakes so that you can rectify them.

On topic- good spread of information and digging up. Don't worry about the TTSL, that's the first thing that gets looked at. 
i don't think so

wtf?? 

i don't think so

wtf??

2030 is rather far away and it will do its share of the lifting till then. What are you insinuating by, "I don't thinkso?"

Well it isn't a Rafale that's for sure. Btw have you done what was asked of you yesterday? I am waiting for you to spot your own mistakes so that you can rectify them.

On topic- good spread of information and digging up. Don't worry about the TTSL, that's the first thing that gets looked at.
na man

that stuff is complicated
i have to read karlo klopp articles to have understanding lke in case of radars...............it will take time 

2030 is rather far away and it will do its share of the lifting till then. What are you insinuating by, "I don't thinkso?"

point is the upgrade will go on till 2020??

Will IAF M2K be fitted with two extra hardpoints under rare fuselage (behind landing gears) just like 2000-5.

Yes, apparently we already have them, but without any useful weapon yet apart from dumb bombs maybe. With the upgrade MICA and possibly 500lb LGBs could be used at that stations.

Are the rear pylons put to good use, after the upgrade ?

Back
Top Bottom