What's new

Danish Tourist Gang-Raped in New Delhi

I know what you mean, I am sorry your daughters had to face what they did, no father should have to go through that.

I live and work in London and yes there are times when i read such news and I am worried about my sister and mother back home. But not for one second would I deride they entire populace for the aforesaid crimes.

You see In UK you have different demographics, I dont want to hurt sentiments but the section of the populace responsible for "delhi like incidents" in london belong to a country other than India. I don't blame that entire country because I understand there are deep rooted issues that need to targeted before some one calls them .."a bunch of rapists and child molesters" and dismisses them.

We in India are a mixed breed, on one hand you have a few people who are feudalistic to the very core and would resort to khaap panchayats to murder their own daughters for marrying outside their caste and on another hand you have millions of young lads and girls who walk to the streets protesting against such incidents.

India is a diverse country with a huge populace and massive problems agreed, but the bad apples are few and far between.

I agree maybe I am still damaged from the experience in India a little,

Indian who lives in Australia who has, till this news, always maintained that his friends were sexually assaulted. Now it is his wife and young daughters.
From his days being on SkyscraperCity - Powered by vBulletin , he has been very emotionally attached to the issue of rape. I can understand and feel his pain. But he goes on a hyperbole whenever a rape issue (pertaining to India) pops up, he brands every Indian male as some sort of feudalistic, medieval, sexually deprived animal. It's not his concerns about rape. It's about is OVER GENERISATION of Indian men that gets tiring.

Mate, I personally don't know who he is. I'll take him at face value and believe what he says until proved otherwise. I did however mention that his tone in posting the comments that he did betrayed his real intentions. :-/

Why try and divert the attention, are you comparing India which loves to beat its chest and say how great a democracy they are to the "neighboring" countries? Indians are good a excuse, blaming the women, etc but not good at fixing their own problems. I can't stand Indians who come to Australia and start abusing Australia and calming how racist Australia is, or Indians running away from Australia after committing rape and murder here in Australia and running away to India to hide, disgusting.

Sir can you please reveled the tourist place you visited in India?

Mate, I personally don't know who he is. I'll take him at face value and believe what he says until proved otherwise. I did however mention that his tone in posting the comments that he did betrayed his real intentions. :-/

My real intentions? Would you rather I just posted how great and wonderful India is? Nice way yo divert the thread, make it about one person.

Another thread on Rape India ...Poor India...

I say ...poor OP... lack of creativity.

Indian who lives in Australia who has, till this news, always maintained that his friends were sexually assaulted. Now it is his wife and young daughters.

From his days being on SkyscraperCity - Powered by vBulletin , he has been very emotionally attached to the issue of rape. I can understand and feel his pain. But he goes on a hyperbole whenever a rape issue (pertaining to India) pops up, he brands every Indian male as some sort of feudalistic, medieval, sexually deprived animal. It's not his concerns about rape. It's about is OVER GENERISATION of Indian men that gets tiring.

If Indians were according to his opinion, all male posters on PDF from India would be rapists by default. Enough said.. I guess.

I have got doubts about this member "Shatterpoint" since day he posted he is going to visit India and when he asked how is India etc.

I have never spoken on the phone to anyone from the internet, unless you were a travel agent.
Wasn't it in Skyscrapercity.com that you ranted your usual weeping stories about how your lady friends got raped / molested et al .. and now it comes to your wife and daughters? Last time we checked your IP address on SSC (and now on PDF) you do seem to be the same person dude. Unless you have a clone in your right brain. Not only me but even other Chinese posters have barbequed you on PDF in the past.
Listen son, be a traveler (Yaatri). Don't be a painter that paints every Indian with the same color of your accusations.

Yes , India has a problem about male to female ratio and its consequences (violations included - I won't deny). But as I said - you just go on a hyperbole. Even fellow Pakistanis find you absurd in your comments.

A few days ago .I saw a debate in malayalam channel ,subject is atrocities against women .When some one in audience
raise rape issue.
A lady in debate ,she was educated in London pointed it is not problem that only confined in India.She experienced it in London.when she is n bus or tram in london ,a white British guy sit next to her and start to touch her,sexual talk and harrassed her.But when a british middle aged saw this she help and protect her.This is an endemic problem ,the matter is it projected more India into this.At a certain extent racism and our Medias over sensationalism.

Wasn't it in Skyscrapercity.com that you ranted your usual weeping stories about how your lady friends got raped / molested et al .. and now it comes to your wife and daughters? Last time we checked your IP address on SSC (and now on PDF) you do seem to be the same person dude. Unless you have a clone in your right brain. Not only me but even other Chinese posters have barbequed you on PDF in the past.
Listen son, be a traveler (Yaatri). Don't be a painter that paints every Indian with the same color of your accusations.

Yes , India has a problem about male to female ratio and its consequences (violations included - I won't deny). But as I said - you just go on a hyperbole. Even fellow Pakistanis find you absurd in your comments.

Shatterpoint must be an ISI agent on a mission to defame India :flame:

A few days ago .I saw a debate in malayalam channel ,subject is atrocities against women .When some one in audience
raise rape issue.
A lady in debate ,she was educated in London pointed it is not problem that only confined in India.She experienced it in London.when she is n bus or tram in london ,a white British guy sit next to her and start to touch her,sexual talk and harrassed her.But when a british middle aged saw this she help and protect her.This is an endemic problem ,the matter is it projected more India into this.At a certain extent racism and our Medias over sensationalism.

Yes a lot of it is racism. Too bad Indians don't realize this when Pakistanis are victims of racism

Last edited:
A Danish national has alleged that she was gang-raped by a group of men near New Delhi railway station on Tuesday night.

The Danish woman reportedly left the country on Wednesday morning. She took a flight to Copenhagen. She has also refused to undergo a medical test, police said.

The accused suspects are vagabonds, police said. The victim, who is around 51-year-old, has claimed that the men also robbed her after the sexual assault.

May be she learnt that an "I was raped" cry will get police into action..had she really wanted some action she would have stayed and sought help from Danish Embassy.

Danish Tourist Gang-Raped in New Delhi

NEW DELHI—A 51-year old Danish tourist was gang-raped and robbed near a railway station in the Indian capital late Tuesday, police said, and the latest in a series of brutal sexual assaults in India that is focusing national and international attention on violence against women here.

Police on Wednesday said they had not made any arrests in connection to the attack, which authorities said happened after the woman got lost and stopped to ask directions when returning to her hotel from a museum visit. Indian law prohibits naming rape survivors without their permission. In her complaint, police said, the woman alleged that she was attacked by a group of eight men in central New Delhi.

A few men, who matched the description provided by the woman, were detained for interrogation early Wednesday, police said, but were later released after the woman said they weren't her attackers.

The December 2012 fatal gang rape of a 23-year-old student on a bus in Delhi led to mass protests and sparked an unprecedented reassessment of the treatment of women in the world's largest democracy, resulting in strengthened laws against sex crimes.

But attacks continue. More victims are coming forward to report such crimes, police and women's advocates say. The number of rape complaints filed in Delhi last year was more than double the number of such cases reported in 2012.

On Wednesday, police said the woman assaulted on Tuesday night had been treated at a local hospital and released. They added that she arrived in New Delhi on Monday after a visit to Agra, the home of the Taj Mahal, last week. Danish Ambassador to India, Freddy Svane, declined to comment on Wednesday.

Rapes of Indian women and foreign visitors have dented India's reputation abroad, tarnishing the image of the South Asian nation as a tourist destination.

International tourist arrivals to India last year grew at their slowest pace since the 2008 global economic downturn, rising just 3%, compared with a year earlier. That compares with a nearly 6% annual rise in arrivals in 2012 and a more than 9% jump in 2011.

Tourism is a major source of revenue for the Indian government, contributing about 6% to its economy, according to government for the year through Mar. 2012. A higher number of tourist arrivals would mean an increase in foreign exchange income for the county, which is reeling under a huge current-account deficit.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303819704579321604264280912?mg=reno64-wsj&url=http:%2
%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB10001424052702303819704579321604264280912.html

very bad..really..
Something has to be done to stop such kind of incidents..If people don't change their mentality about women then this type of news will haunt the Indians for ever... :tsk:

A Danish national has alleged that she was gang-raped by a group of men near New Delhi railway station on Tuesday night.

The Danish woman reportedly left the country on Wednesday morning. She took a flight to Copenhagen. She has also refused to undergo a medical test, police said.

The accused suspects are vagabonds, police said. The victim, who is around 51-year-old, has claimed that the men also robbed her after the sexual assault.

May be she learnt that an "I was raped" cry will get police into action..had she really wanted some action she would have stayed and sought help from Danish Embassy.

Or maybe she was too afraid to get raped again and decided to leave as soon as possible.

Just like you can't generalize whole society because of few criminal, same way you shouldn't paint all victims with same brush just because of one incident.
If she wanted justice..and if she was not lying...she should have stopped...sought her embassy's help.. the fact that she ran away and avoided medical test... is a proof that she as lying.

Back
Top Bottom