What's new

Danish Tourist Gang-Raped in New Delhi

I really feel sad for India, this problem with rape etc is ingrained into India, just have a look at the way women are treated in general. The female infanticide etc, it's a part of the culture, the DNA. Indian men to this day still believe women are second class citizens hence, every day in India there is at least 15 rapes, and those are just the ones reported. Thank God that though my wife was sexually harassed and I would go far as to say sexually assaulted, she or my daughters didn't get raped, I was scared a few times, very scared actually, I was alone surround by men taking photos of my wife and kids and men making filthy comments towards them.

Shining India, now lets watch how Indians will make excuses

ndia is becoming known for it's slums and rape ... nothing to be proud of

One of the many reasons why I am proud of my country is the that we allow a free hand to the press. We let them repote everything the good and the bad. And thank god for that.We know what is wrong, what needs to taken care of.

I would hate to see a situation like in a neighboring country where there is a public outcry to ban a news channel just because the news and sentiments being aired and the harsh truths being brought to the fore, is not savory to a certain class of the society with vested interests.

In all the famous tourist places all over the world such incidences happens for example in Canary Islands, Spain you can hear the news about stabbing and robbing very frequently. Therefore the solution is to see the problem areas and try to improve on it. Hope police and public becomes more vigil and prevent these things from happening.
Or maybe send under cover women in such places and then hunt down any such Gangs, shoot them on spot!. Create a buzz by making few stories like these and gangs will stay away from women thinking it maybe an undercover operation.

I really feel sad for India, this problem with rape etc is ingrained into India, just have a look at the way women are treated in general. The female infanticide etc, it's a part of the culture, the DNA. Indian men to this day still believe women are second class citizens hence, every day in India there is at least 15 rapes, and those are just the ones reported. Thank God that though my wife was sexually harassed and I would go far as to say sexually assaulted, she or my daughters didn't get raped, I was scared a few times, very scared actually, I was alone surround by men taking photos of my wife and kids and men making filthy comments towards them.

That is a a poorly done broad based generalisation. You cannot take the actions of a few and dump them on the rest on the masses as the norm. It will be saying things akin every pakistani is a mullah or a AK-47 wielding terrorist or every chinese member is a long manchu moustached gent with a scimitar chopping of heads.

You sound educated and liberal enough and should desist from statements like that which portray you in a poor light.

Yes there is a grave problem perpetrated by a few misguided individuals who need to be shown their place, but if you are fine with thrusting the blame that the entire Indian male populace, it would make me imagine, it is you who is bluffing or posting with some ulterior motive in mind.

Cheers

One of the many reasons why I am proud of my country is the that we allow a free hand to the press. We let them repote everything the good and the bad. And thank god for that.We know what is wrong, what needs to taken care of.

I would hate to see a situation like in a neighboring country where there is a public outcry to ban a news channel just because the news and sentiments being aired and the harsh truths being brought to the fore, is not savory to a certain class of the society with vested interests.

Why try and divert the attention, are you comparing India which loves to beat its chest and say how great a democracy they are to the "neighboring" countries? Indians are good a excuse, blaming the women, etc but not good at fixing their own problems. I can't stand Indians who come to Australia and start abusing Australia and calming how racist Australia is, or Indians running away from Australia after committing rape and murder here in Australia and running away to India to hide, disgusting.

You are an Indian origin too right?

Or maybe send under cover women in such places and then hunt down any such Gangs, shoot them on spot!. Create a buzz by making few stories like these and gangs will stay away from women thinking it maybe an undercover operation.

What is needed is quick judgements in such incidents and very very harsh punitive laws. Trust me, you chop off a chap's "thingy" off .. it'll make a few thousand think more than a few times before they dream of going down that path.

Why try and divert the attention, are you comparing India which loves to beat its chest and say how great a democracy they are to the "neighboring" countries? Indians are good a excuse, blaming the women, etc but not good at fixing their own problems. I can't stand Indians who come to Australia and start abusing Australia and calming how racist Australia is, or Indians running away from Australia after committing rape and murder here in Australia and running away to India to hide, disgusting.

Again please don't generalise sir. As i did say, yes we have a problem, a very serious one, but if you thrust the same on every single Indian .. you betray your lack of IQ or EQ in this context.

Last edited:
That is a a poorly done broad based generalisation. You cannot take the actions of a few and dump them on the rest on the masses as the norm. It will be saying things akin every pakistani is a mullah or a AK-47 wielding terrorist or every chinese member is a long manchu moustached gent with a scimitar chopping of heads.

You sound educated and liberal enough and should desist from statements like that which portray you in a poor light.

Yes there is a grave problem perpetrated by a few misguided individuals who need to be shown their place, but if you are fine with thrusting the blame that the entire Indian male populace, it would make me imagine, it is you who is bluffing or posting with some ulterior motive in mind.

Cheers

Maybe it is but when I was there with my wife and kids trust me I was scared, everywhere we went we were harassed by men, I could understand some were curious etc. But I know for a fact that a lot of the times it wasn't innocent. I was really worried for my daughters who are very young, it's sad that our impressions of India were affected in such a way, out memories of India will always be tarnished because of this. I am sorry but I didn't do this to India, Indians are doing this to themselves, if Indians want to call me anti Indian because of these experience then so be it, but I and my wife have never felt so threatened anywhere in the world.

What is needed is quick judgements in such incidents and very very harsh punitive laws. Trust me, you chop of one chap's "thingy" off .. it'll make a few thousand think more than a few times before they dream of going down that path.

Again please don't generalise sir. As i did say, yes we have a problem, a very serious one, but if you thrust the same on every single Indian .. you betray your lack of IQ or EQ in this context.

Call me what you want, but I experienced enough in India, and like I said some Indians were just curious and we could understand that. But a lot of times it wasn't innocent.

What is needed is quick judgements in such incidents and very very harsh punitive laws. Trust me, you chop of one chap's "thingy" off .. it'll make a few thousand think more than a few times before they dream of going down that path.
Yep something like that. Create few examples for others to think before committing this crime.

I was a fan and to a extent still am, but after the way my wife and 2 very young daughters were treated in India all that has changed.

Oh so you are married now? 2 daughters since we last spoke on phone mate?

Maybe it is but when I was there with my wife and kids trust me I was scared, everywhere we went we were harassed by men, I could understand some were curious etc. But I know for a fact that a lot of the times it wasn't innocent. I was really worried for my daughters who are very young, it's sad that our impressions of India were affected in such a way, out memories of India will always be tarnished because of this. I am sorry but I didn't do this to India, Indians are doing this to themselves, if Indians want to call me anti Indian because of these experience then so be it, but I and my wife have never felt so threatened anywhere in the world.

I know what you mean, I am sorry your daughters had to face what they did, no father should have to go through that.

I live and work in London and yes there are times when i read such news and I am worried about my sister and mother back home. But not for one second would I deride they entire populace for the aforesaid crimes.

You see In UK you have different demographics, I dont want to hurt sentiments but the section of the populace responsible for "delhi like incidents" in london belong to a country other than India. I don't blame that entire country because I understand there are deep rooted issues that need to targeted before some one calls them .."a bunch of rapists and child molesters" and dismisses them.

We in India are a mixed breed, on one hand you have a few people who are feudalistic to the very core and would resort to khaap panchayats to murder their own daughters for marrying outside their caste and on another hand you have millions of young lads and girls who take to the streets protesting against such incidents.

India is a diverse country with a huge populace and massive problems agreed, but the bad apples are few and far between.

Last edited:

First I'd like to point out that I am Pakistani, so there is no bias in favor of India.

True that India has a problem, but your posts reeks of racism when you imply that all Indians find this acceptable.

Also, in your society there are no rivers of milk and honey.... racism, hostile acts and violence towards south asians is very well documented in Australia.

so please get the hell off of your high horse!

You are an Indian origin too right?
Indian who lives in Australia who has, till this news, always maintained that his friends were sexually assaulted. Now it is his wife and young daughters.

From his days being on SkyscraperCity - Powered by vBulletin , he has been very emotionally attached to the issue of rape. I can understand and feel his pain. But he goes on a hyperbole whenever a rape issue (pertaining to India) pops up, he brands every Indian male as some sort of feudalistic, medieval, sexually deprived animal. It's not his concerns about rape. It's about is OVER GENERISATION of Indian men that gets tiring.

If Indians were according to his opinion, all male posters on PDF from India would be rapists by default. Enough said.. I guess.

Back
Top Bottom